Jun&Scheillo

What's Vermont's excuse now for not approving NOA2s?

172 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

We were all under the impression that the long delays were due to TPS. We believed they were concentrating on a large number of humanitarian files at Vermont. If they are not currently working on TPS, what is the problem? Why can't they catch up? could it be that the TPS has not phased out yet? The last couple of approved NOA2s were sorry! I am happy for the filers, but i believe one them waited for 6 1/2 months!!! That was not 'good news'...that was just 'news'

I expect approvals to come thru like hot cakes!!! not some sorry overdue approvals!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

When you call Vermont, and get a Human -

and ask this question of him/her/it -

what response are you getting?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Complaints, complaints. Funny thing is... remember the 5 month conversation. Enough said. Everyone should have been prepared for this, and who are you to judge what is considered good news?

Edited by xlbLoOdlx

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Inefficiency, incompetence, and indifference.

When you reach the 5 month mark, start the phone calls and Congressional letters. They appear to be the only techniques that bring results.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We were all under the impression that the long delays were due to TPS. We believed they were concentrating on a large number of humanitarian files at Vermont. If they are not currently working on TPS, what is the problem? Why can't they catch up? could it be that the TPS has not phased out yet? The last couple of approved NOA2s were sorry! I am happy for the filers, but i believe one them waited for 6 1/2 months!!! That was not 'good news'...that was just 'news'

I expect approvals to come thru like hot cakes!!! not some sorry overdue approvals!

Been a lot of bad weather up there in the last week or so. Now in the past week of this weather, U.S. government has had offices closed for a day there. VSC was not closed. Only thing I can realistically think of as to why they would have slowed down. Now,based on the new data USCIS listed recently, VSC has about 33,000 petitions to go through (k-1), which means they are backlogged majorly.

VSC K-1s from August-November 2010: http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=6&office=6&charttype=1

Recieved: 7,116 new K-1 petitions filed (Blue)

Awaiting Customer Action (RFE I guess): 1,506 (grey line)

Awaiting Action (IE: Have a human look at them): 32,248 Petitions (yellow line)

Completions: 5,226 (Green Bar)

Not very good looking statistics if you ask me.

Also just to highlight: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

"If the office is processing a particular type of application in less time than our processing goal, you will see the processing times expressed in months (for example, if the office is processing naturalization applications in less than our 5 month goal, the processing time will state “Five Months”). However, if that office is taking longer than our processing goal to handle the form type in question, you will see the filing date (e.g., “April 10, 2003”) of the last case we processed on the date the website chart was last updated. The charts are updated on or about the 15th day of each month."

Field Office Processing Dates for Vermont Service Center as of: November 30, 2010

I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e) K-1/K-2 - Not yet married - fiance and/or dependent child 5 Months

Based on their wording they are processing I-129Fs under the 5 month goal as of November 30th, 2010. BS.

Edited by Blob18

Timeline

Been a lot of bad weather up there in the last week or so. Now in the past week of this weather, U.S. government has had offices closed for a day there. VSC was not closed. Only thing I can realistically think of as to why they would have slowed down. Now,based on the new data USCIS listed recently, VSC has about 33,000 petitions to go through (k-1), which means they are backlogged majorly.

VSC K-1s from August-November 2010: http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=6&office=6&charttype=1

Recieved: 7,116 new K-1 petitions filed (Blue)

Awaiting Customer Action (RFE I guess): 1,506 (grey line)

Awaiting Action (IE: Have a human look at them): 32,248 Petitions (yellow line)

Completions: 5,226 (Green Bar)

Not very good looking statistics if you ask me.

Also just to highlight: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

"If the office is processing a particular type of application in less time than our processing goal, you will see the processing times expressed in months (for example, if the office is processing naturalization applications in less than our 5 month goal, the processing time will state “Five Months”). However, if that office is taking longer than our processing goal to handle the form type in question, you will see the filing date (e.g., “April 10, 2003”) of the last case we processed on the date the website chart was last updated. The charts are updated on or about the 15th day of each month."

Field Office Processing Dates for Vermont Service Center as of: November 30, 2010

I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e) K-1/K-2 - Not yet married - fiance and/or dependent child 5 Months

Based on their wording they are processing I-129Fs under the 5 month goal as of November 30th, 2010. BS.

It is good to read that you finally agree with me. That site will always say 5 Months, just to make them look good. Unfortunately, it is not true. We are well passed our 5 month goal for a whole slew of "customers". I am just taking it day by day now. Everything will be fine and one day I will walk out to grab my mail and my letter will be there. Other than that, I gave up on checking USCIS.gov and habitually checking this site for others approvals, because in all honesty, someone elses approval means nothing to yours.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It is good to read that you finally agree with me. That site will always say 5 Months, just to make them look good. Unfortunately, it is not true. We are well passed our 5 month goal for a whole slew of "customers". I am just taking it day by day now. Everything will be fine and one day I will walk out to grab my mail and my letter will be there. Other than that, I gave up on checking USCIS.gov and habitually checking this site for others approvals, because in all honesty, someone elses approval means nothing to yours.

Pretty much same here. Stopped going to USCIS to check my case 2 months ago and only check here every once in a while to see if anyone here got anything, just for s***s and giggles.

I did notice on that site that if they have approved any petition within that 5 month frame that they will not change that it is taking them longer. So...by their definition they are still within 5 months.

I don't believe they start pulling the date sh*t until no petitions in that 5 month time frame have been processed.

convenient for who? f* if i know.

I know it's tough. But we'll make it, guys. <3

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Timeline

Pretty much same here. Stopped going to USCIS to check my case 2 months ago and only check here every once in a while to see if anyone here got anything, just for s***s and giggles.

Dude, not that I don't like to be supportive (at times), lol, or receive support and help... but I can't wait until I don't ever have to come here again.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I saw this coming a week ago, but nobody listened to me. Some of you thought I was crazy, accused of being negative and all sort of other bad things.

I know what I saw, and it appears that time has proven me right.

I saw this coming a week ago, but nobody listened to me. Some of you thought I was crazy, accused of being negative and all sort of other bad things.

I know what I saw, and it appears that time has proven me right.

What exactly has been proven? This website proves nothing. It gives ideas and estimated dates, but there is no concrete proof of anything.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am really bummed out about how long it is taking. Another 6 weeks or so until I hit five months, and the very day I do I will be calling VSC and my Congressman.

Any idea how many employees are working on VSC to handle these thousands of petitions? The numbers look SO overwhelming. Even though VJ represents a small amount of the K-1 applicants, it seems pretty representative to me, that the majority of approvals are still only in July. That means at least another two months before there is a chance they might start working on my case, unless they magically speed up somehow.

How long does it take for an employee to review and approve a K-1 case, any idea?

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Dude, not that I don't like to be supportive (at times), lol, or receive support and help... but I can't wait until I don't ever have to come here again.

Amen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.