Jun&Scheillo

What's Vermont's excuse now for not approving NOA2s?

172 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long does it take for an employee to review and approve a K-1 case, any idea?

15 minutes. That is why their pathetic excuses are such total BS.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wow, seriously? Knowing that does not make me happier....if it took like 15 hours of manpower to approve one case, maybe I could understand, but 15 MINUTES? Ridiculous...

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

So, since you are so vocal about how lazy and inefficient VSC is and how all of their reasons for being behind are complete "BS" ... please tell me what you think is going on. You think they're sitting there, playing Solitaire on their computers, ignoring the boxes and boxes of THOUSANDS of applications, and laughing at all the lives they are "ruining"? I'm curious to hear your explanation for VSC not moving as fast as you want them to.

Timeline

So, since you are so vocal about how lazy and inefficient VSC is and how all of their reasons for being behind are complete "BS" ... please tell me what you think is going on. You think they're sitting there, playing Solitaire on their computers, ignoring the boxes and boxes of THOUSANDS of applications, and laughing at all the lives they are "ruining"? I'm curious to hear your explanation for VSC not moving as fast as you want them to.

Their first and biggest mistake is working on the wrong applications. TPS petitions are charity petitions and clearly not the first order of business for an agency of the United States Government. The needs of its citizens come fist. Push the TPS stuff to the side, and 360,000 petitions are now out of their way.

Now the desk is clear, and they are free to work on the important applications, the ones by United States citizens.

There was a time that Vermont was approving I129f petitions in 30 days. So it can be done. All they need is to do what they were doing in 2004 through 2009. They did it correctly then, and they can do it now.

Their first mistake was to take in TPS applications in the first place. Their second mistake was to compound their first mistake by giving these unwanted TPS applications the priority they clearly do not deserve.

Go back to what worked, the way they used to do it. Forget TPS. There are no resources for such things. Let other countries like Canada and Brazil be the do-gooders of the world for a change. We did it for far too many years.

With the newest numbers in, Vermont processed 21,295 TPS applications in the month of November last year, but only 866 I-129F's!!..... This is pitifull, and is the lowest number of completions of I-129f's in the last two years and shows no signs of improving anytime soon.

They are working on other petitions, but not fiance ones in any great numbers. And until they start pushing out more completions than receipts, this backlog is going to go up very quickly

Get ready for a 7 month average processing time for I-129F's in the coming year.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

They get how many petitions a day? Not just K1's, but many, many others, too. Is there enough time in one day to process a thousand applications hat come in each day?

If they were able to complete all applications that came in from a day in one single day.. then I'd wonder. But they can't. Plus, they aren't open on the weekends so there is no one to process those. So even if they got all the applications from one day done that day, they'd still be getting a backlog of two days for every week.

If you hate dealing with them so much, pull your application. They are going to work on your paperwork. Be grateful it is only five months instead of like.. three years.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

They get how many petitions a day? Not just K1's, but many, many others, too. Is there enough time in one day to process a thousand applications hat come in each day?

If they were able to complete all applications that came in from a day in one single day.. then I'd wonder. But they can't. Plus, they aren't open on the weekends so there is no one to process those. So even if they got all the applications from one day done that day, they'd still be getting a backlog of two days for every week.

If you hate dealing with them so much, pull your application. They are going to work on your paperwork. Be grateful it is only five months instead of like.. three years.

Tell yourself that in 3 weeks ;) Oh and Federal Agencies are "open" on weekends. People can choose to work on them depending on their schedule. It's overtime pay.

Edited by Blob18

The fact that you've been in this for as long as you have and have stayed cool headed says alot about you. I say you go girl. ;)

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Timeline

Do you really believe they will get to you in 5 months when almost everyone here has had to wait more like 6 to 6 1/2 months? And it is getting worse, each and every day.

Their claim of 5 months is about as ridiculous as the director's claim that there is no backlog at VSC. Both claims are ridiculous lies, just like the lies they tell you when you call them.

The credibility of the Vermont Disservice Center is ZERO. Nothing they say is worth anything.

5 months? Yeah, right!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yea keep paying your taxes and quit your bitching. How dare you expect a reasonable processing time frame when there are millions of illegals that they need to provide social services for first. Be grateful for mediocrity you schmuck who decided to do things the legal way.

08-07-10 | I129-F Sent

08-17-10 | NOA1 Received

10-03-10 | Touched

02-03-11 | RFE hardcopy received (AWESOME!!)

03-06-11 | RFE response sent overnight

03-14-11 | USCIS received RFE response

04-04-11 | Contacted senator

04-14-11 | NOA2 Received (241 Days from NOA1 or 7 months, 29 days)

04-22-11 | NVC Sent Package to China

05-16-11 | Guangzhou Consulate received Package from NVC

06-05-11 | P4 Received

06-15-11 | Medical Exam

06-16-11 | Handed in documents to consulate

06-17-11 | Interview Passed

06-23-11 | Visa in hand

06-28-11 | Expected Arrival in New York

08-24-11 | Tied the knot

12-15-11 | Biometrics Taken for AOS

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

It must be lovely going through life having all the answers. I'm not sure why I continue to entertain your posts. You will be here every day of your process, being as miserable as possible. I hope for your sake (and for the sake of the people on these forums) that you get your NOA2 before the five month mark. Good luck.

To the people who are waiting 5-6 months, I understand their anger. The anger and outrage from people at the 3 month mark will never make sense to me.

honestly ive been justifying al's posts because if you remember,i was the same if not worse.i think it bothers people is it worries them that people at 5,6 months havent gotten approved.which is understandable really.

Timeline

Yea keep paying your taxes and quit your bitching. How dare you expect a reasonable processing time frame when there are millions of illegals that they need to provide social services for first. Be grateful for mediocrity you schmuck who decided to do things the legal way.

The Latino employees at our company told me the same thing, except that they were serious. One of them even said that he can get her a forged green card when she arrives. And he was serious too.

I was serious about getting rid of the TPS. Why should we get stuck with all of these charity cases? Why don't they go to Brazil or Canada or England? It is eminently clear that they are the cause of the problem.

I cannot see VSC handing me my NOA2 at the 5 month mark. I might be able to squeeze it out of them, but if I wait for it to be handed to me, I can easily see a wait of 7 to 8 months at the rate they are going downhill. I really do not want to fight with them, but I will if they make me.

Edited by Al422

honestly ive been justifying al's posts because if you remember,i was the same if not worse.i think it bothers people is it worries them that people at 5,6 months havent gotten approved.which is understandable really.

You were the same, but your attitude was completely different. How people deal with situations says a lot about a person. I don't seem to recall you posting all over the boards about how USCIS has it out for you and they're ruining your entire life.

I don't want people think I am excusing the process, or saying that things are working as they are intended and how they should be. They obviously aren't. Things are taking longer than they should, but that's something that's known (or should be!) going into this process. It's just one of those necessary evils in life where we have to roll with the punches because things are completely out of our control. This isn't a perfect world and the things we want often come at the price of a little bit of sanity.

Like I said, the people at five and six months have every reason to be upset and should be doing whatever it is they can to get answers about their case. People who are at 3 months and already in an absolute panic simply weren't prepared for the stress of the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.