Jun&Scheillo

What's Vermont's excuse now for not approving NOA2s?

172 posts in this topic

Hi Guys --let us stop all the arguments and focus on the main goal ahead --getting our NOA2 and the visa for our love ones to be with us . No ''mudslinging '' and "bad mouthing'' each other will solve the problem . Lets us UNITE as one family on VJ. Constuctive critisim are welcome not personal attacks . Besides this forum was started to help us through the journey . We will get through this .All we can do now is wait and pray (if u believe in prayer ) .

Thatz the preferred way to be, but how about one poster's plan of everyone ringing the congressmens' phones off the hook? :blush:

phone%20ringing.gif

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That's just my point. This is political footballing by Congress, who decided to make Haiti their poster country simply because they got hit with one large disaster instead of a lot of smaller ones.

The 3rd largest earthquake on record and one of the most catastrophic natural disasters EVER and you still feel we made Haiti our poster country?

:bonk:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thatz the preferred way to be, but how about one poster's plan of everyone ringing the congressmens' phones off the hook? :blush:

phone%20ringing.gif

Sounds like a plan to me. We need to bring this abject failure by USCIS to the attention of someone who can do something about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The 3rd largest earthquake on record and one of the most catastrophic natural disasters EVER and you still feel we made Haiti our poster country?

:bonk:

Well i certainly don't believe we gave over 1.2 billion dollars (more than the rest of the world) in aid without first having a political agenda in mind.

I think the reason some of you do not see the visa process as a competition is because to you, a visa issued eventually is good enough. But to me, eventually is not good enough. I want Elena's as soon as possible. That is the competition, not what we get, since we all eventually get it, but when we get it.

If someone else aces me out of my place in line, sure I won't like it. But that doesn't mean he doesn't get his prize. He won, and I lost. I don't always win, and I can deal with that. But if I never compete, then I will never win, and I can't deal with that.

In fact, just two days ago, someone else did win. He used his status as a Haitian national to get an expedite on his I129f. I didn't like it, but he competed and won his prize. So what did I tell him? I told him that he had every right to use his edge to get his prize, and that I respected him for putting his responsibility to himself and his fiance first, where it belonged, even if other people would not like it.

Standing aside while some needy person, Haitian or otherwise, gets their visa first is, to me, a neglect of my responsibility to myself and to Elena. I'm not Mother Teresa, and I'm not interested in sainthood. I'm interested in that visa.

I have been reading the thread, and I actually like you... which doesn't mean that i don't like the people who doesn't like you... hahahaha

I think you are just being true to yourself and you are owning what positive or negative feedbacks you get from your posts...

Just a thought though... why don't you visit Elena often or have her come over with a tourist visa... it might not be permanent but it eases the stress and the tension...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been reading the thread, and I actually like you... which doesn't mean that i don't like the people who doesn't like you... hahahaha

I think you are just being true to yourself and you are owning what positive or negative feedbacks you get from your posts...

Just a thought though... why don't you visit Elena often or have her come over with a tourist visa... it might not be permanent but it eases the stress and the tension...

She already came here with a tourist visa, but they are not easy to get when you come from Russia. And now for her to get a new one would be problematic because she can't sign a declaration that she does not intent to immigrate when she already signed a letter of intent to marry.

Yes, I can go there, as tickets to Russia do not cost all that much despite the distance. But that is a last resort since I am trying to save as much money and vacation time for when she arrives. I might do it anyway if the delay gets significantly worse.

Thanks for supporting me., as I know that I am a loudmouth whose ideas are hard to swallow. I focus on the task, and the task of the moment is to get that visa, but pursuing that task requires some politically incorrect choices like opposing TPS, a program that, despite its humanitarian goals, added months of time to the task I am trying to accomplish as quickly as possible.

I know that some of my ideas are unpalatable to many, but I can't pursue my goal and be palatable at the same time. I can't pursue my goal and win a popularity contest at the same time.

Pursuit of my goal must win the conflict every time. My responsibilities to myself and Elena do not allow me any other choice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

She already came here with a tourist visa, but they are not easy to get when you come from Russia. And now for her to get a new one would be problematic because she can't sign a declaration that she does not intent to immigrate when she already signed a letter of intent to marry.

Yes, I can go there, as tickets to Russia do not cost all that much despite the distance. But that is a last resort since I am trying to save as much money and vacation time for when she arrives. I might do it anyway if the delay gets significantly worse.

Thanks for supporting me., as I know that I am a loudmouth whose ideas are hard to swallow. I focus on the task, and the task of the moment is to get that visa, but pursuing that task requires some politically incorrect choices like opposing TPS, a program that, despite its humanitarian goals, added months of time to the task I am trying to accomplish as quickly as possible.

I know that some of my ideas are unpalatable to many, but I can't pursue my goal and be palatable at the same time. I can't pursue my goal and win a popularity contest at the same time.

Pursuit of my goal must win the conflict every time. My responsibilities to myself and Elena do not allow me any other choice.

I actually love Al's posts as well. Im also a July filer with NO NOA2 on hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.