Jun&Scheillo

What's Vermont's excuse now for not approving NOA2s?

172 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Do you really believe they will get to you in 5 months when almost everyone here has had to wait more like 6 to 6 1/2 months? And it is getting worse, each and every day.

al with all the respect,what difference does a month,a month and a half make?did you know how long its gonna take before you even started?

I have been waiting to be with him for over two years. So three more weeks? Yeah, I'll be saying the same thing.

Even if it takes 6 to 6 1/2 months... I'm still glad it takes MONTHS and not YEARS. Even if it took three years, I'd be glad it didn't take ten years.

'Reasonable amount of time' is relative. I find 5, 6, 7 months to be reasonable if it gives me the rest of my life with the person I love. Even ten years is better than twenty years.

Sorry guys, but no matter how long it takes, my glass is always half full. Nothing is goin to change that. :)

Ah, Kiwi, you are a breath of fresh air! :)

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Like I said, the people at five and six months have every reason to be upset and should be doing whatever it is they can to get answers about their case. People who are at 3 months and already in an absolute panic simply weren't prepared for the stress of the process.

So I am allowed to be angry on February 28? Can I remind you on February 28 that you posted this?

Timeline

I have been waiting to be with him for over two years. So three more weeks? Yeah, I'll be saying the same thing.

Even if it takes 6 to 6 1/2 months... I'm still glad it takes MONTHS and not YEARS. Even if it took three years, I'd be glad it didn't take ten years.

'Reasonable amount of time' is relative. I find 5, 6, 7 months to be reasonable if it gives me the rest of my life with the person I love. Even ten years is better than twenty years.

Sorry guys, but no matter how long it takes, my glass is always half full. Nothing is goin to change that. :)

kiwi,you have to be fair here,we all know the process used to be much much much shorter up until what,6 years ago.how it has gotten longer instead of shorter with the growth of technology is a disappointment,i have to give USCIS haters that.

So I am allowed to be angry on February 28? Can I remind you on February 28 that you posted this?

You're already angry. You've been angry for weeks.

It seems the consensus amongst these fellas is that we are going to somehow turn into miserable grinches. I suppose this is a bad time to remind you that this is not an evolution process. This is simply how we handle stress vs how you do.

You are trying to make a concrete argument against abstract feelings.

Good luck with that.

And God, Al, do I hope you see NOA2 tomorrow. I might even do a back flip.

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Timeline

oh how i wish they would shut VJ down,its the source of all problems,igor's list is inaccurate ,the embassy reviews are old and incomplete,the most knowledgeable members are judgmental,people compare notes too often,the whole thing turns people into monsters.it would amazing if they could turn VJ into one big manual with NO forums

Timeline

of course it has amazing information,but its not always that useful.there are many repetitive questions like the primary evidence questions or packet 3 questions that could get pinned,and many who dont handle the stress well and cant take it out correctly,such as our buddy al,or me,back when i had to wait

of course it has amazing information,but its not always that useful.there are many repetitive questions like the primary evidence questions or packet 3 questions that could get pinned,and many who dont handle the stress well and cant take it out correctly,such as our buddy al,or me,back when i had to wait

The Last Petitioner: You realize that this forum helps with support. It prevented me from hiring an attorney when I was assimilating the documents for my application. I was asking questions all the time although they were posted all over the forum. Let the forum be.

December '09 - Met via Facebook

~ Fell in love just a few months thereafter

7/18/2010 - I flew to Trinidad and met for the first time

~ Spent two weeks, one of which was in Tobago

9/9/2010 - Mailed I-129F to Texas via Express mail

9/15/2010 - NOA1 Date

4/4/2011 - NOA2 Date

4/12/2011 - NVC received

4/25/2011 - NVC sent via DHL to consulate

5/2/2011 - Packet mailed

7/25/2011 - Visa approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, I had no idea how long it would take, but neither did anybody else. Every time you reach the goal post, they move it. First it was 3 months, then 4, then 5, then 6. Where does it end?

I already determined when I expect my NOA2. I won't post it here because at least 10 people will attack me, accusing me of negativity. So I will be silent as to that date until I get it, either at that point or successfully fighting for it sooner. At that point I will post it because that will be the point that the people who attack me here can no longer hurt me.

The people who run USCIS have no idea how much stress they place on us, and I see no sign that they even care.

I am so happy for those of you who have lives outside of your fiances, but I do not have such a thing. My life is Elena. Without her, I do not live. I only exist. Right now, my favorite time of the day is 11:59 P.M. because that day will be over with one minute later. I never smile, and I never laugh, as these things are not possible when you only exist.

So you go right on being happy, and I will continue to exist until the day Elena is in my arms and my life can finally begin.

Filed: Timeline

oh how i wish they would shut VJ down,its the source of all problems,igor's list is inaccurate ,the embassy reviews are old and incomplete,the most knowledgeable members are judgmental,people compare notes too often,the whole thing turns people into monsters.it would amazing if they could turn VJ into one big manual with NO forums

:wow: Really? The source of all problems? I don't think anyone is holding you hostage here...your free to delete your account.

:ot2:

At the end of the day the 5 month rule applies. Be patient and focus on other things. Time passes and soon we will all be with our loves. We must all remember that we are only a few of the thousands that apply

event.png

A journey it has been!!!

Filed: Timeline

They get how many petitions a day? Not just K1's, but many, many others, too. Is there enough time in one day to process a thousand applications hat come in each day?

If they were able to complete all applications that came in from a day in one single day.. then I'd wonder. But they can't. Plus, they aren't open on the weekends so there is no one to process those. So even if they got all the applications from one day done that day, they'd still be getting a backlog of two days for every week.

If you hate dealing with them so much, pull your application. They are going to work on your paperwork. Be grateful it is only five months instead of like.. three years.

AGREED!!! I am hanging in there by thinking...ok, it's been over 5 months....so the finish line has to be in sight B-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.