Jun&Scheillo

What's Vermont's excuse now for not approving NOA2s?

172 posts in this topic

And I remember absolutely cursing the fact that I got stuck with CSC. These things fluctuate with every day/week/month that passes. A month from now, VSC could speed ahead of CSC and we'll see these exact same threads for California.

I waited five months for my NOA2 and I'll wait another four (at least) for my interview. It sucks, but it is what it is.

C'est la vie.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have been waiting to be with him for over two years. So three more weeks? Yeah, I'll be saying the same thing.

Even if it takes 6 to 6 1/2 months... I'm still glad it takes MONTHS and not YEARS. Even if it took three years, I'd be glad it didn't take ten years.

'Reasonable amount of time' is relative. I find 5, 6, 7 months to be reasonable if it gives me the rest of my life with the person I love. Even ten years is better than twenty years.

Sorry guys, but no matter how long it takes, my glass is always half full. Nothing is goin to change that. :)

AWSOME POST>>>

I don't expect popularity points here but we ALL made a choice and that choice was to engage in this process. As adults we have been exposed to "the system" more than once so this whole thing should not be a surprise. It's the way of this country we live in. Accept it or be miserable for the rest of your life.

What good is it to CONSTANTLY complain about how VSC is ruining your lives? It's healthy to vent every now and then but when it becomes the ONLY thing you do, bitterness begins to sour you. You are no longer the person your fiancé(e) fell in love with once that happens. Why give someone or something that kind of power over you? It is a choice YOU make. Shoot, for every other choice that's taken away from me in this process, I'd much rather grab hold of what I can control myself.

No I am not the least bit happy that I have been waiting over 5 months but in the grand scheme of things this is but a minuscule amount of time. For THAT I rejoice.

Another breath of fresh air. Great post.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

ITA agree with the poster on page 5 who said that I think people here should be allowed to vent their frustrations. If not here, where? If you see a post that is clearly a vent and you don't like it, don't open it.

It does matter how long it takes, I just got engaged, I'm supposed to be enjoying all the romance that comes with that, not running up my phone bill.

No one here can judge how other ppl feel, and how we all deal with this situation. You just filed, I wish you luck on remaining this patient 5 months from now. Best of luck.

SO true. I want to be having an engagement party, going to look at venues and cake tastings together, and all that fun newly engaged stuff and CANT. awesome.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Hey Al. You're the Vice President of your company? I'm just glad I don't work for you. I just might have to kill myself.

You need to take a step back, get some gel insoles, take a chill pill and try not to give yourself a coronary. Life is too short, and anger accomplishes nothing but raising your blood pressure and shortening your already too short life.

John

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't expect popularity points here but we ALL made a choice and that choice was to engage in this process.ce.

Who are you kidding? I chose the Vermont Disservice Center for my petition about as much as I chose Microsoft for the operating system in my computer.

Does the word "monopoly" mean anything to you?

Hey Al. You're the Vice President of your company? I'm just glad I don't work for you. I just might have to kill myself.

Well, I don't hear too many complaints on pay day when people get their big fat paychecks with lots of overtime.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Who are you kidding? I chose the Vermont Disservice Center for my petition about as much as I chose Microsoft for the operating system in my computer.

Does the word "monopoly" mean anything to you?

Funny thing about the "quote feature", when quoting someone it usually means you are commenting on exactly what the person has said, not on imaginary words. Nowhere in my post did I say VSC was a choice. I said we chose to engage in this [b]process[/b]. We ALL individually made the choice to have our loved ones here with us. So that means we take the good with the bad.

As far as the Microsoft comment, I'll just pretend that you have not heard of a Mac. (Again with the choices, see how that works)?

tumblr_l2zffoq44C1qc5x0yo1_400.jpg

My honey is NIGERIAN and I'm AMERICAN

K1 Journey

07/27/10 Mailed Petition

07/28/10 Petition received at VSC then forwarded to Lewisville, TX (received there 7/29/10)

08/02/10 NOA1 Notice date

08/06/10 Touched

08/07/10 Received NOA1 in mail

08/10/10 Touched

10/03/10 Touched

01/31/11 I-129F Petition APPROVED!!!

02/03/11 Received hard copy of NOA2 (although the envelope is stamped Feb 2...so only one day to get to me :) )

02/07/11 Arrived at NVC

02/07/11 MADE APPOINTMENTS FOR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW. (Will post actual dates after they occur :) )

02/08/11 Left NVC

02/17/11 Medical

03/01/11 Interview (FH is in AP)

04/12/11 AP COMPLETED!!

04/13/11 FH notified to come to the embassy with his passport!

04/26/11 FH received Visa

04/29/11 FH Arrived in the US!!! JFK POE

06/08/11 MARRIED!

Timeline

Funny thing about the "quote feature", when quoting someone it usually means you are commenting on exactly what the person has said, not on imaginary words. Nowhere in my post did I say VSC was a choice. I said we chose to engage in this [b]process[/b]. We ALL individually made the choice to have our loved ones here with us. So that means we take the good with the bad.

As far as the Microsoft comment, I'll just pretend that you have not heard of a Mac. (Again with the choices, see how that works)?

There are two PROCESSES to get my Elena here:

1. Put up with the nonsense from the Vermont Disservice Center.

2. Sneak her through the Arizona-Mexican border in the middle of the night.

The latter of these two PROCESSES involves no respect for Elena, hence not a choice.

There are three OPERATING SYSTEMS for computers:

1. Windows

2. Mac

3. Linux

Choices 2 and 3 do not offer CAD/CAM software, which we need at our company..

Is my language accurate enough for you now?

I deal with government agencies all time time. Never, ever, have I ever seen one any one even remotely as bad as the Vermont Disservice Center.

Filed: Timeline

Yea man.... :dance::dance: Congradulations on getting thru that first hard 3 weeks...soon you will forget the thrill of that Noa 1...with a little luck,..perhaps even carve pumpkins next Thanksgiving. :thumbs:

[/quote

all i can say"its worth waiting..and i will wait....! i understand ya'all guys.. ! good luck to us all.. :D :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

AI, your last response did nothing but prove my point of having choice. YOU are making choices that you subsequently have to live with. That's the bottom line.

There is waiting in everything we do and should YOU decide to continue with the US immigration process I can guarantee this won't be the last time where "waiting" presents itself.

I won't continue to go back and forth with you as I CHOOSE to do something more constructive and rewarding with my time... continue to prepare (for the life I will have with my fiancé) as I WAIT.

Edited by PurpleSky

tumblr_l2zffoq44C1qc5x0yo1_400.jpg

My honey is NIGERIAN and I'm AMERICAN

K1 Journey

07/27/10 Mailed Petition

07/28/10 Petition received at VSC then forwarded to Lewisville, TX (received there 7/29/10)

08/02/10 NOA1 Notice date

08/06/10 Touched

08/07/10 Received NOA1 in mail

08/10/10 Touched

10/03/10 Touched

01/31/11 I-129F Petition APPROVED!!!

02/03/11 Received hard copy of NOA2 (although the envelope is stamped Feb 2...so only one day to get to me :) )

02/07/11 Arrived at NVC

02/07/11 MADE APPOINTMENTS FOR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW. (Will post actual dates after they occur :) )

02/08/11 Left NVC

02/17/11 Medical

03/01/11 Interview (FH is in AP)

04/12/11 AP COMPLETED!!

04/13/11 FH notified to come to the embassy with his passport!

04/26/11 FH received Visa

04/29/11 FH Arrived in the US!!! JFK POE

06/08/11 MARRIED!

Timeline

AI, your last response did nothing but prove my point of having choice. YOU are making choices that you subsequently have to live with. That's the bottom line.

There is waiting in everything we do and should YOU decide to continue with the US immigration process I can guarantee this won't be the last time where "waiting" presents itself.

I won't continue to go back and forth with you as I CHOOSE to do something more constructive and rewarding with my time... continue to prepare (for the life I will have with my fiancé) as I WAIT.

You don't get this.

So let me put it this way:

Do you have children? I do. They are adults and on their own now, but when they were children and living with me in my house, their needs came first. Under no circumstances would I ever consider taking resources away from their support and giving it to a charity instead.

Yet that is exactly what the government did here, Knowing for a fact that they did not have sufficient adjudicator resources to attend to their responsibility to their own citizens, they took those resources away from us and gave them away to the Haitians. And to make matters worse, they won't tell us anything except lies.

That would be the same as if I were to drop my children's dinner money in the poor box at the church, and then when they ask me when they are getting dinner, I would tell them "You are within one hour of your normal dinner processing time. Fill out a service request, and I will let you know what happened to your dinner sometime by 1:00 A.M."

Why is it OK for a government that is allegedly by the people to screw the people that badly?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

:wow: Really? The source of all problems? I don't think anyone is holding you hostage here...your free to delete your account.

:ot2:

actually if you had accurate information you cant delete an account on this website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.