Jun&Scheillo

What's Vermont's excuse now for not approving NOA2s?

172 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Assuming it takes one person 20 minutes for each file to approve, 866 applications in NOV '10 means they must have ~2 people working on K1's at VSC.

It feels unjust to see so many people waiting for an important life changing decision to happen and it's all about a small cubicle and a couple of people trying to catch up! These two chatterboxes to stop filing nails and start working :)

All kidding aside, I believe the good in people. VSC after all is "humans", these guys are flipping through these folders, seeing photos of us all in love, flickering eyes, big smiles, letters of how we met etc. I don't agree with people when they say things such as "they don't care, lazy VSC etc" If anything it would inspire them to approve us faster.

On previous months they have numbers in the thousands, and going by 20 minute theory, about 10-12 people must have been working on K1's. This only goes to show they are instructed to work on something else. That something else is eventually gonna catch up and they will approve us, it will happen.

All of these inner workings of VSC I understand, what i don't understand is why we get charged 100's of dollars for 15-20 minutes work!!! That's where the anger kicks in for me...

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They get how many petitions a day? Not just K1's, but many, many others, too. Is there enough time in one day to process a thousand applications hat come in each day?

If they were able to complete all applications that came in from a day in one single day.. then I'd wonder. But they can't. Plus, they aren't open on the weekends so there is no one to process those. So even if they got all the applications from one day done that day, they'd still be getting a backlog of two days for every week.

If you hate dealing with them so much, pull your application. They are going to work on your paperwork. Be grateful it is only five months instead of like.. three years.

:thumbs:

:reading:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As some of you know, I am a Vice President at a manufacturing company. As part of my job, I purchase raw materials and arrange for finishing work on the parts we manufacture.

Many times, what I order for the company runs late. When I call to inquire, I hear excuses like high demand, supply lines, etc. And I always tell them the same thing: "That is not my problem".

Our company owns the building and rents parts of it to other companies. I collect the rent. Many times when the rent is late, I hear excuses like business is bad, our customers are not paying, etc. And I always tell them the same thing: "That is not my problem".

And guess what: I get results for the company. Do you think I would have made Vice President by feeding into these excuses and not getting results for the company?

So can you now understand my attitude that VSC backlogs are not my problem? Of course they are my problem since VSC jams them down my throat, but that does not change my attitude. Their excuses impress me about as much as our company's suppliers' and tenants' excuses impress me.

Timeline

I disagree with some of you. This forum has been great to me. :thumbs:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

SO On Go On, I strongly suggest everyone wait over 5 months, sttart to keep calling and sent email to VSC, CSC,,, to get their attention, that No one be happy with waitting over 5 months, push them take action to speed up with processing K1.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We were all under the impression that the long delays were due to TPS. We believed they were concentrating on a large number of humanitarian files at Vermont. If they are not currently working on TPS, what is the problem? Why can't they catch up? could it be that the TPS has not phased out yet? The last couple of approved NOA2s were sorry! I am happy for the filers, but i believe one them waited for 6 1/2 months!!! That was not 'good news'...that was just 'news'

I expect approvals to come thru like hot cakes!!! not some sorry overdue approvals!

:whistle:http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c7c27cd67450d210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Timeline

SO On Go On, I strongly suggest everyone wait over 5 months, sttart to keep calling and sent email to VSC, CSC,,, to get their attention, that No one be happy with waitting over 5 months, push them take action to speed up with processing K1.

Yep!! I will be calling again tomorrow! :thumbs:

K-1

8/5/2010 - NOA1

10/3/2010 - Touch

3/2/2011 - Touch, RFE :-(

3/11/2011 - Touch, RFE response Ack

4/13/2011 - Your I-129f was approved in 251 days from your NOA1 date

5/16-17/2011 - Medical

6/1/2011 - Visa Interview at USEM

6/18/2011 - POE (Las Vegas)

9/1/2011 - Marriage!

- - - - - - - - - - -

AOS

9/22/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

I agree with you 100% and remind everyone to not forget the one tool that bothers them the most, Congressional contact. This is the only way they will get the message that they have no choice but to spend 100% of their time on our business and forget about everything else. Since they won't concentrate on our business voluntarily, they leave us with no alternative but to force them to do so.

Edited by Al422

Timeline

I am all for hiring more people at USCIS, better work management and an easier process. I am not for turning a blind eye just so I can get what I want, when I want it.

If the Haitian TPS applications are truly the issue and I must wait to get a decision on my petition because they have prioritized TPS applications, then I am glad to it. I would rather wait a few extra months than to have some poor person get sent back to face disease, crime and possible death in Haiti.

For the people who complain about Haitians and TPS delaying their NOA2, do you even care at what expense it will take.

I love my fiance but I don't want to see someone else suffer because I want to hold hands and play googly eyes with him. I am just not that obsessed with him. God first, Fiance second in my life and I don't think God wants us to be this selfish.

Your foreign fiances will understand, because the kindness shown to the Haitians is something that they would want for their friends and family. You will soon be able to get married and start your family's a month or 2 won't make a difference in the great scheme of things. It might make a difference in life of a Haitian though. [/font]

Check the processing time at VSC for an I-485 refugee, shows 4 months. I think the first ones granted TPS are submitting I-485's which in turn will be followed by I-730's for their immediate relatives and I think each of these petitions will be accompanied with an I-912 which is the reason your and my fees were increased! So I think they will work on the TPS and I-485's before any new immigration reform can change the rules!

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is just frustrating because if you look at the history of approved petitions, up until about July, most were being approved within 1-3 months. Only in the last six months or so have things reaaallly slowed down. The worst part is, I submitted mine a few weeks before the fee drop, and I am probably going to wait just as long if not longer if I would have waited a little bit more and paid less money. Can't they share some of the TPS visas with CSC? They seem to be moving right along.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

No, I had no idea how long it would take, but neither did anybody else. Every time you reach the goal post, they move it. First it was 3 months, then 4, then 5, then 6. Where does it end?

I already determined when I expect my NOA2. I won't post it here because at least 10 people will attack me, accusing me of negativity. So I will be silent as to that date until I get it, either at that point or successfully fighting for it sooner. At that point I will post it because that will be the point that the people who attack me here can no longer hurt me.

The people who run USCIS have no idea how much stress they place on us, and I see no sign that they even care.

I am so happy for those of you who have lives outside of your fiances, but I do not have such a thing. My life is Elena. Without her, I do not live. I only exist. Right now, my favorite time of the day is 11:59 P.M. because that day will be over with one minute later. I never smile, and I never laugh, as these things are not possible when you only exist.

So you go right on being happy, and I will continue to exist until the day Elena is in my arms and my life can finally begin.

The fact that you are under the impression that everyone who disagrees with you is sitting at their computers, thrilled to death about waiting and not having their loved ones with them proves that you aren't actually understanding what people have attempted to say to you.

Nobody's happy waiting. If you asked anyone here if they wanted their process to be complete tomorrow, they'd all jump at the chance.

But there are some of us who understand that waiting is necessary, the situation is out of our control, but we're grateful that there WILL be an end to the waiting. That's not a hope, that's a guarantee. It will be over. And when it's over these five, six, seven months will be nothing but a distant memory.

My case is nearly at my consulate and I'm at one of the slowest consulates in the world. There is a good chance that I will be waiting another four months AT LEAST for an interview date. I don't sit here, complaining about how terrible the Montreal consulate is, how unfair my life is, how everything is ruined. But instead, I simply accept it as a fact and do whatever I can to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. Once this silly process is over, I won't care how long I waited.

Edited by Coconuts

Timeline

Check the processing time at VSC for an I-485 refugee, shows 4 months. I think the first ones granted TPS are submitting I-485's which in turn will be followed by I-730's for their immediate relatives and I think each of these petitions will be accompanied with an I-912 which is the reason your and my fees were increased! So I think they will work on the TPS and I-485's before any new immigration reform can change the rules!

Edited by Robby999

Timeline

I am all for hiring more people at USCIS, better work management and an easier process. I am not for turning a blind eye just so I can get what I want, when I want it.

If the Haitian TPS applications are truly the issue and I must wait to get a decision on my petition because they have prioritized TPS applications, then I am glad to it. I would rather wait a few extra months than to have some poor person get sent back to face disease, crime and possible death in Haiti.

For the people who complain about Haitians and TPS delaying their NOA2, do you even care at what expense it will take.

I love my fiance but I don't want to see someone else suffer because I want to hold hands and play googly eyes with him. I am just not that obsessed with him. God first, Fiance second in my life and I don't think God wants us to be this selfish.

Your foreign fiances will understand, because the kindness shown to the Haitians is something that they would want for their friends and family. You will soon be able to get married and start your family's a month or 2 won't make a difference in the great scheme of things. It might make a difference in life of a Haitian though. [/font]

I am happy for you and your spiritual and religious beliefs that tell you this is the right thing to do. And I hope that you get whatever afterlife reward your faith has for people like you.

But shouldn't this be an individual choice? Is cramming this path down somebody else's throat the right thing to do?

Timeline
:blink: Edited by Robby999

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.