Tanya Jl12

Pregnant with another guy's baby

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

If you are mmarried at the time of having a baby...your husbands name goes automatically on the birth certificate....state law.

If you want to do otherwise...you will need a lawyer to handle DNA tests etc.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
You said you dont "want" to put his name on the birth certificate. I would think that thats not even an option if he's not the baby's biological father. That certainly would be fraudulant.

Actually in most States when there is a pregnancy during a marriage there is a presumption of paternity. If they are going to stay together then it would complicate things for him to not be listed on the birth certificate as he won't have parental rights. This works in his favor if he's planning to leave her as he can fight child support and the kid is proof of infidelity but if they really are planning to remain together then he should be listed as the father.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If your are planning on staying together as a married couple and not just for ROC, you will need to really show your marriage is real. Many couples have difficulties from time to time and go on to have great marriages after some work. You may just have to show just how hard you two as a couple are working on your marriage. Get all your documents in order consult with an immigration attorney.

As for the Birth certificate of your child I'm clueless, I was always under the impression that if you are married your spouses name must go on it even if he is not the father. I do not feel you would have to give up your child, that is a personal matter between you/yourself and your spouse.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I had the same problem, married and had a child by another man. Think long and hard about this because legally in most states he is automatically considered the legal father of the child and his name will go on the birth certificate. If the two of you ever divorce he will have equal rights to the child even if he is proven to have no biological relationship. I don't think it is an option to not have his name on the BC.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You said you dont "want" to put his name on the birth certificate. I would think that thats not even an option if he's not the baby's biological father. That certainly would be fraudulant.

It's quite the opposite in some states. I know in my state, if a woman is married, her husband is automatically placed on the birth certificate. I had to get my daughter's changed, even though I was in the divorce process when she was born..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

We are not going to split up so far

baby will be at least 6 mnths old by the time of interview

Are you not splitting up because he doesn't know you're pregnant with some other man's baby? Or are you not splitting up because he is willing to take both of you in?

And shouldn't your dillemma be: "I want to keep my green card" instead of "I want to keep my baby"? Just sayin'...I think keeping baby trumps keeping GC

09 Dec 2015: I-130 package for Parent

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

We are not going to split up so far

baby will be at least 6 mnths old by the time of interview

If you and your husband have decided to stay together, then what you do about the birth certificate is up to you. It need not be an issue at removal of conditions unless one of you makes it an issue. The caution is that removal of conditions requires either your husband's support or that you be divorced in time to apply on your own.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

yeah, that's the thing that I'm in the middle of the marriage and getting pregnant with somebody else((((((((((((((((((((((

I dont know the laws in the state that you live in specifically but I do know that in most states if you are married and pregnant, the father of the baby is assumed to be your husband.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Because they are married now and if they are married when the bay is born, he might be the legal father. You might check into that because it might not matter if he's not the biological father since you're planning on staying married.

7/26/10 Engaged
9/15/10 - Mailed I-129F to Dallas
9/17/10 - Received in Dallas
9/23/10 - NOA1 (Email - Sent to VSC)
9/24/10 - NOA1 (Letter Received Dated 9/20/10)
10/3/10 - Touched
3/23/11 - NOA2 (Email - Sent to NVC)
3/31/11 - Letter from NVC confirming receipt (Letter dated then)
4/6/11 - Email confirmation from NVC - Paperwork sent to Frankfurt
4/9/11 - Packet 3 received from Frankfurt
4/19/11 - Packet 4 received from Frankfurt
5/16/11 - Fiance's Interview in Frankfurt - Approved
6/11/11 - Wedding Date

7/1/11 - NOA AOS, EAD, AP documents received
7/27/11 - Biometrics
8/26/11 - Emails that AP and EAD are approved - EAD card sent to be ordered, should be sent within 30 days
10/31/11 - Email that GC is approved.
11/4/11 - GC received!

7/30/13 - NOA1 for ROC

8/27/13 - Biometrics

9/23/13 - Received notice of case being transferred from VSC to CSC

10/28/13 - GC ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

To the poster..

This is, first off, a relationship issue which is way more complex than the capabilities of this website.. You really need to get your arms around your relationship, because part of the descision, really is dependant on the future of your relationship..

So, in my humble opinion, you priority is to focus on your husband and decide if you relationship is going to get through this.. Once you know that, then you can discuss what is best for you from an immigration standpoint..

None of us have the needed information to advise you since this is pretty complex personal matter first then secondly an immigration matter..

That's my opinion...

Kenny

Edited by kennym

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.