My wife went in for he citizenship test this past Monday. Although she passed the verbal test, she was given form N-652 stating that A decision cannot yet be made about the application. My wife has a 17 year old daughter that lives with her father in Colombia. My wife was never married to her ex. He has court ordered full custody of the child and though my wife has made many attempts to stay in touch with the father, his ego refuses to accept any help (money or other) from my wife (the child's mother).
So. At this point I feel out of options. There is no court ordered child support, but the ex also refuses to sign an affidavit stating that he refused child support as well. As far as I can see, we would have to wait until the child turns 18 next year and re-apply for citizenship then.
Has anyone else gone through something like this? If so can you advise?