1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marta Proniagina said:

Hi everyone. I'm a March,23rd filer. Docs were received on March,26 and Noa1 is dated April,5th. Yesterday the interview was scheduled! DOn't know the date yet, waiting for the letter.

Congrats!! That's great news! Very fast processing! Let us know the date when you have it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, CamiBrad said:

Congrats!! That's great news! Very fast processing! Let us know the date when you have it.

thank you! I'm amazed myself but very happy and will totally let you know how it all goes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, Anatti87 said:

Hi Everyone I am a May filer but had a question: Did or has everyone got the Fingerprint Review Was Completed e-mail/text/uscis web update? I

I've been investigating here in visa journey and a lot of the Feb/Mar/ Apr/ and May filers got theirs 3 days after bio appt. , just asking for your experiences.

I've also notice not everyone updates their timelines <_< (:D)

My status changed to Fingerprint Review Was Completed in the website one day after the Fingerprints, but some many people don't have it updated. A friend of mine (January filler) didn't see any changes at all at the website but she received the letter with the appointment for her interview in March. Unfortunately the status online is not reliable! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
24 minutes ago, CamiBrad said:

My status changed to Fingerprint Review Was Completed in the website one day after the Fingerprints, but some many people don't have it updated. A friend of mine (January filler) didn't see any changes at all at the website but she received the letter with the appointment for her interview in March. Unfortunately the status online is not reliable! 

I called yesterday and they told me the fingerprints were recieved and complete so that gave me a peace of mind. What Im seeing alot of fortunate people are getting interview dates within the month and a half...so that gives all of us hope 😁

♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥

K1 VISA -129F      

12/22/16 (MAILED I-129F  -   6/16/17- INTERVIEW -APPROVED!!

6/27/17- VISA IN HAND & POE

:wub:~~~~~~~~♥GOT MARRIED 07/29/2017♥~~~~~~~~:wub:

AOS

9/28/17 SENT  - 11/13/17 NOTICE OF REJECTION:(

NEW AOS

5/15/18 SENT AOS PACKET

5/18/18 PACKET ARRIVED (DAY 1)  

5/23/18 NOA FOR AOS & RECEIVED TEXT/E-MAIL FOR AOS, AP, EAD :thumbs:

5/25/18 MONEY ORDER CASHED

5/29/18 NOA LETTERS RECEIVED (AOS, AP, EAD)

6/8/18 BIO APPT LETTER RECEIVED (BIO APPT. 6/19)

6/11/18 BIO DONE (WENT IN EARLY ) :dance:

6/12/18 FINGERPRINTS RECEIVED AS PER PHONE CALL TO USCIS

9/28/18 RFE FOR AOS STATUS CHANGE - EAD/AP SAME STATUS (DAY 136):cry:

10/9/18 RECEIVED RFE LETTER 

10/19/18 SENT RFE RESPONSE :ot2:

10/23/18 USCIS UPDATE RECEIVED RFE RESPONSE (DAY 1)

11/6/18 Requested an Inquiry for I-131  (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/8/18 Requested an inquiry for I-765 (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/16/18 EAD/AP CASE APPROVED :dance:

11/19/18 APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED

11/26/18 EAD/AP CARD RECEIVED

11/27/18 USCIS UPDATE "CASE IS READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW"

12/4/18 USCIS UPDATE "INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED" 

01/10/19 AOS APPOINTMENT! :joy::dance:  APPROVED!!

01/13/19 AOS "APPROVED" Update Text received 

♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥

Hi, April filer here too! Does anyone else have their VJ timeline setup? Ours says that we should expect EAD/AOS in Sept-Oct. I've also tried checking processing times on USCIS and it just seems like a huge delay. Is that accurate? We also got the notification that our case is ready to be scheduled. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Marta Proniagina said:

Hi everyone. I'm a March,23rd filer. Docs were received on March,26 and Noa1 is dated April,5th. Yesterday the interview was scheduled! DOn't know the date yet, waiting for the letter.

Congrats Marta!

Hopefully you'll get the interview letter soon.

My case status has changed into "Ready to be scheduled for interview" as of May 21st. Hopefully we all get speedy process. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone attempted to try and find a job out here in order to expedite their EAD/AP?

I am not sure if this is a risk worth taking, considering how long I have already waited.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

Has anyone attempted to try and find a job out here in order to expedite their EAD/AP?

I am not sure if this is a risk worth taking, considering how long I have already waited.

We tried it, but it's a tough situation because most jobs won't consider you without authorization to work and they won't expedite EAD without a job offer letter. So how do you get a job offer with no EAD? :unsure: We requested an expedite and they sent an email asking for additional evidence (proof of financial hardship, job offer, etc). So my husband started inquiring with some small restaurants and such, but most people have already asked about the work authorization. We're struggling a bit for sure, but definitely not in financial hardship so I'm not going to submit anything based on those grounds. Now I'm realizing it wasn't such a great idea to request an expedite and I'm more worried that asking for an expedite took it out of the normal processing. So I just hope the EAD/AP gets processed in general. LOL. 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

We tried it, but it's a tough situation because most jobs won't consider you without authorization to work and they won't expedite EAD without a job offer letter. So how do you get a job offer with no EAD? :unsure: We requested an expedite and they sent an email asking for additional evidence (proof of financial hardship, job offer, etc). So my husband started inquiring with some small restaurants and such, but most people have already asked about the work authorization. We're struggling a bit for sure, but definitely not in financial hardship so I'm not going to submit anything based on those grounds. Now I'm realizing it wasn't such a great idea to request an expedite and I'm more worried that asking for an expedite took it out of the normal processing. So I just hope the EAD/AP gets processed in general. LOL. 

Ugh, that's rough. To feel so close, yet so far. I guess companies are just covering their butts. I understand, but sucks for us waiting around at the mercy of USCIS.

Ahhh. Well I guess it would be worth getting some feelers while I am waiting.

Thanks for your response!

Sorry for the dumb question but I don't feel like reading immigration law this early.....

It looks like they are doing GC's faster than EAD/AP cards.  Doesn't the GC supersede the need for the EAD/AP card?  In other words can't  you work and travel once you get the green card and if so then what is the point of the EAD/AP card?  I mean to say what is the point if you get the GC first?  I understand in theory the idea is you get the EAD/AP first so you can actually do stuff and visit home etc. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
2 minutes ago, greg1984 said:

Sorry for the dumb question but I don't feel like reading immigration law this early.....

It looks like they are doing GC's faster than EAD/AP cards.  Doesn't the GC supersede the need for the EAD/AP card?  In other words can't  you work and travel once you get the green card and if so then what is the point of the EAD/AP card?  I mean to say what is the point if you get the GC first?  I understand in theory the idea is you get the EAD/AP first so you can actually do stuff and visit home etc. 

You're correct in your understanding. I think it's possibly the recent way that USCIS is processing the I-130's that GC's being approved before EAD/AP is becoming more common. Also, I-130's are transferred to your local office while EAD/APs are still processed at the NBC for all applicants which may help explain the delay in EAD/AP while GC's appear faster at the moment.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Came in on F1, completed school, got married and filed before my OPT EAD expired. Priority Date April 2nd. No combo card yet but I've kept my journey in my own post. Feel free to check it out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.