Jaquelly

Feb 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

1,156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Starting to believe it is a website's technical problem more than it is USCIS' fault.

Filed 28th June, NOA2 16th Feb. No update whatsoever except for from an e-mail responding to an inquiry I applied for. No mail yet but is on the way according to mentioned e-mail reply.

These are the things that I am preparing as the beneficiary but do note that every case is unique and every embassy requires different things(I am from Singapore):

DOCUMENTS - COMPULSORY

1. Beneficiary birth certificate (original and photocopies)

2. Beneficiary passport (original and photocopies of only biometric page)

** Original is expected to be taken by the interviewer so the embassy may print the K1 Visa on it.

3. Beneficiary Deed Poll (original and photocopy)

** I changed my name between receiving NOA1 and approval.

4. Beneficiary passport photo (two U.S. passport photo-sized)

5. Petitioner passport (photocopies), resident card (photocopies) and birth certificate (certified copy and photocopies)

** U.S. Embassy named these three as proof of domicile on its updated 2017 website.

6. Affidavit of support Form I-864 (original wet signature)

** Signed by Petitioner, my fiancée earns enough for just 1 affidavit.

7. Petitioner's Income Tax and W2 (photocopy)

8. Retrievable versions of Forms DS-160 and DS-260, completed but unsubmitted.

** an old review says that the US Embassy in Singapore requires K1 fiancé(e)s to complete the immigrant version but everyone else's does the non-immigrant version and I have time on my hands so I did both.

9. Proof of ongoing relationship

• 3 photographs together

** There are many cases in Singapore where the interviewers say 3 photographs together is sufficient.

• U.S. Joint Bank account

• Prenuptial agreement

• Marriage bands' and Engagement jewelry invoices

• Beneficiary Plane tickets to and from visiting Petitioner between NOA1 and NOA2.

10. Beneficiary Police Certificate

** I've ever only lived in Singapore after the age of 16, for a duration of 6 months or more. Singapore uses an online service for police certificate.

DOCUMENTS - OTHER/JUST-IN-CASE

1. Petitioner divorce decree (certified copy and photocopy)

** I have never been married and as a Singaporean, do not need proof of no-marriage. USCIS website states I will have to bring divorce decrees from both sides but U.S. Embassy in Singapore only asks for mine. Better safe than sorry.

2. 4 Singapore passport-sized photos and copy of Immunization history records.

** This is for the medical.

I also have a vaccination appointment at a Singapore government clinic on 1st March, to recieve the following:

▪MMR(measles, mumps, rubella) shot

▪DT(diphteria, tetanus) shot

▪Varicella(chicken pox) immunity test

** This option is cheaper for me than to receive the shots during the medical. Also, previous Singaporean K1 beneficiaries have commented that the first two shots are only valid for 10 years. I have had immunization prior to the 10 years.

I hope this comprehensive list will help people with their own interviews. Or if anyone has any opinions or think that I missed out something, I will be the happiest to know.

I don't know if this will help at all. But I am attaching the vaccination requirements according to age from the USCIS/CDC website.

xx

Screenshot_20180220-152132_20180220153946683.jpg

Hi Guys can someone please let me know if you live overseas and haven't been paying taxes because you don't earn as much as explained on the IRS website. What should one submit in this case?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Amisharjil said:

Hi Guys can someone please let me know if you live overseas and haven't been paying taxes because you don't earn as much as explained on the IRS website. What should one submit in this case?

You still have to file taxes. It should be a painless process since it sounds like a simple return. Seek a tax preparer if you have issues.

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

1 hour ago, Amisharjil said:

Yeah, I live overseas and still filed taxes. My foreign earned income isn't very high so I didn't owe anything. I would go ahead and file all the years you haven't.

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Marie Tancio said:

Ahh yes, I meant NBI not police lol. Well Filipina who have worked abroad need police clearance from the country they worked in tho..

yup that’s true

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How many weeks do we need to wait for case number? we got our NOA2 notification Feb.16 

Edited by Jemilyn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
16 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

Hi, everyone!

This thread is for everyone who got their NOA2 during the month of February 2018 - and all of those who are around to cheer us on and offer helpful input!

I am also copying and pasting important links from my signature into this post just in case anyone needs them for reference:

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC - (603)-334-0700

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

USCIS - 800-375-5283

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing 

Can't download the app to share. Pleade put on sheet for me. Still no hard copy maybe get it today...Noa2 text and email from uscis Feb 17 2018...noa1 June 26th 2017

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Jemilyn said:

How many weeks do we need to wait for case number? we got our NOA2 notification Feb.16 

NVC will tell you to give it 6 weeks. Many VJers have been getting theirs by the two weeks mark. You can call in and ask if they have assigned you a case number everyday if you want to.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Amisharjil said:

Hi All when does one get the medical check done? is it after the NVC stage? nothing was mentioned in our NVC welcome letter

Different for every country. In Singapore, it is recommended 2 weeks before interview but not more than a month. Perhaps you can call the embassy nearest to you for their recommendation?

Oh, the embassy will tell the beneficiary when they received the case. NVC doesn't really have a one-off answer to tell everyone from every region.

15 hours ago, akdf2014 said:

Sorry, what's  your NOA2 date?? We are still  waiting  for our case number , just  approved  on Feb 6th  and got hard copy  on Feb 11th  in mail box.

Have you tried calling them?

K1

July 31, 2017     -     I-129F sent to USCIS

August 3, 2017  -     I-129F received by USCIS

August 7, 2017  -     NOA 1 Received

Feb 12, 2018      -     NOA 2 Approval

Feb 16, 2018      -     NOA 2 Physical mail received

March 01, 2018 -     NVC Received file from USCIS

March 02, 2018 -     NVC Case number received 

March 09, 2018 -     NVC Left, "IN TRANSIT"

March 12, 2018 -     Manila Time US Embassy Manila Received file from NVC

March 13, 2018 -     St. Lukes medical

May 23, 2018      -    US Embassy Manila interview

May 23 to 29      -     Administrative Processing

May 29, 2018     -     Change from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant

May 30, 2018     -     CEAC change to ISSUED

June 01, 2018      -     Passport with Visa on hand

June 04, 2018      -     SFO International Airport, Port of entry

June 14, 2018     -     San Francisco City Hall Wedding

AOS EAD AP

July 13, 2018     -     Sent  AOS, EAD & AP

July 26, 2018     -     PD

Nov 02, 2018     -     Case Approved

Nov 06, 2018     -     Card was mailed to me

Nov 07, 2018     -     Card was picked by USCIS

Nov 08, 2018     -     Card on hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I’m past the NVC stage but I’m just posting here because it’s sassy, and I like sassy. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

this is the exact same thing that happened to me. we have recieved the paper copy but have not received any update on the uscis webisite or the APP i have got. 

just going to wait and see what happens. its only been a week since we got approved so hoping it will just sort itself out but who knows. 

14 minutes ago, Spoonernator said:

this is the exact same thing that happened to me. we have recieved the paper copy but have not received any update on the uscis webisite or the APP i have got. 

just going to wait and see what happens. its only been a week since we got approved so hoping it will just sort itself out but who knows. 

ok i was trying to quote on another post my bad :(

also really happy this thread has started up :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.