nullaccount

Delay … we sent too much?

30 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Looking for encouragement rather than a lecture because it’s too late now. 

My fiancé and I think we might be getting left behind. More than half of August cases have been filed now and we just have a bad feeling. We are wondering if we perhaps sent too much. 

Could a petition take longer because you sent too much evidence? Every source and YouTube video told us to send everything we could so we wanted to make sure we did enough and now I’m thinking we made a big mistake. But hopefully just overthinking it. 

We sent everything required and our evidence was the following:

1 side of A4 letters of intent for petitioner and beneficiary

A booklet of proof of our three meetings in person including: many photos with captions, boarding passes, confirmation of buying tickets, hotel confirmations, receipts for meals we had, text conversations we had with each other, texts with family, receipts for gifts bought for my family, bank statements to prove transactions in each others countries. 
A booklet of further proof of intent to marry including: engagement photos, text conversations, Instagram conversations, texts with family and friends making plans for the engagement, congratulations texts, engagement cards 

A booklet of proof of ongoing long distance relationship: a few text screen shots from each month we were talking (October-August), same with Instagram, posts we have done on Facebook and Instagram of each other to show social media acknowledgement of relationship, gifts we have sent to each other, screenshots of our paired app, text conversations with each others family and friends. 

we thought it was really comprehensive and would show that we were in an honest relationship and engaged therefore free to marry. Now we worry maybe no one wants to look through our petition because there is too much..

please just tell us we are being dumb and overthinking. 

Edited by NizoPark

• nullaccount changed the title to Delay … we sent too much?

If you only applied in August, then you’re certainly overthinking it (not dumb though!). 

Processing times are 14 months (https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/) on overage so whilst there will be some that are processed sooner, most will be nearer that timescale. 

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

If you only applied in August, then you’re certainly overthinking it (not dumb though!). 

Processing times are 14 months (https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/) on overage so whilst there will be some that are processed sooner, most will be nearer that timescale. 

This isn’t necessarily true. 

Track My Visa Now shows that 59% of August cases have already been processed and they have just started on September. 

I’ve heard USCIS only have a 14 month average so you can’t complain too early on why your case hasn’t processed. 

So we are here wondering why we didn’t make it as one of the cases in their main focus. We wonder why we might get left behind and wondered if sending too much was the reason. 

7 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Because cases are generally processed in the order they were received, and as the late, great @geowrian always said, "USCIS is like a large grocery store.  Some lines are just faster than others.".  You are overthinking.  Try to relax and remember that patience is a virtue in the world of immigration.  Good luck.  I think you are only a few weeks away, at most.  The average Visa Journey reported case is taking almost 9 months at California. 

thank you so much.

i am hugely overthinking and as my fiancé says “too many variables” to even contemplate what’s happening with our case. 

I guess like everyone else here I just want to live my new life and hope and pray it all aligns to the timeline that works for us 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 really praying I can move in September that would be perfect. Surely if the universe is kind that will happen. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, NizoPark said:

I guess like everyone else here I just want to live my new life and hope and pray it all aligns to the timeline that works for us

Waiting is the hard part.  Fast, convenient, and inexpensive are not words we see normally in the vocabulary of USCIS and the Department of State.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

31 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Waiting is the hard part.  Fast, convenient, and inexpensive are not words we see normally in the vocabulary of USCIS and the Department of State.

My esta runs out in February 2025 too (won’t be able to renew with a k-1 in process I’ve been told) and my fiancé can’t afford the time off in the US to visit me so I really really hope it comes through by then atleast … 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, NizoPark said:

i am hugely overthinking and as my fiancé says “too many variables” to even contemplate what’s happening with our case. 

Certainly true

3 hours ago, NizoPark said:

My esta runs out in February 2025 too (won’t be able to renew with a k-1 in process I’ve been told)

That's not true, who told you that?

5 hours ago, NizoPark said:

This isn’t necessarily true. 

Track My Visa Now shows that 59% of August cases have already been processed and they have just started on September. 

I’ve heard USCIS only have a 14 month average so you can’t complain too early on why your case hasn’t processed. 

So we are here wondering why we didn’t make it as one of the cases in their main focus. We wonder why we might get left behind and wondered if sending too much was the reason. 

31% of cases haven’t been processed not 5%. 
You haven’t been overlooked for any particular reason… and even if you had… how do you know for sure? 
Just go with the timeline you have. Unfortunately that’s what everyone has had to do…

and I would try to focus on the positive. you still have time in your country, You still have the flexibility to travel to your partner or travel to other places.

You’ve probably realized from your partner’s experience being able to travel internationally is not going to be as easy once you move stateside so try to focus on the now and the life you have because moving to the US will be different.

My husband and I had no idea when I would receive my visa but we decided to just embrace the time before the big move to appreciate the life we were living.

Now I’m in the states I haven’t had more than 4 days off in a row and I’ve been here for 1.5 years. 

2 hours ago, Redro said:

31% of cases haven’t been processed not 5%. 
You haven’t been overlooked for any particular reason… and even if you had… how do you know for sure? 
Just go with the timeline you have. Unfortunately that’s what everyone has had to do…

and I would try to focus on the positive. you still have time in your country, You still have the flexibility to travel to your partner or travel to other places.

You’ve probably realized from your partner’s experience being able to travel internationally is not going to be as easy once you move stateside so try to focus on the now and the life you have because moving to the US will be different.

My husband and I had no idea when I would receive my visa but we decided to just embrace the time before the big move to appreciate the life we were living.

Now I’m in the states I haven’t had more than 4 days off in a row and I’ve been here for 1.5 years. 

I think the problem is I can’t travel as I don’t have the money since I’m saving for the wedding and I am miserable in my job and can’t change it so I’m more just wanting it to hurry up so I can be happy with my fiancé but I totally see what you mean. 

last year was better because I had the means to travel more and treat myself but not now. So I feel a bit like I’m in Groundhog Day.

im actually very much looking forward to not working for a bit, exploring my passions and seeing more of the states with my fiancé when we are finally visa in hand 😊 it’ll be a totally new life with the love of my life so I’m just getting impatient I guess since I hate my situating here rn. 

9 hours ago, NizoPark said:

So just over half haven't been processed yet. I'd understand your worry if 99% had been processed and you were in the 1% that hadn't, but for now I'd leave Reddit and Discord alone, and realise that you're still well within normal processing times and there is likely nothing wrong with your case at all. I would imagine you'll sail through from what you've said, and get an approval fairly soon.

Good luck. 

2 hours ago, NizoPark said:

Multiple people on the discord server and on reddit too said that if you try to get a tourist visa or apply to renew your esta with a pending k-1 they will deny it! 

Applying for a visitor visa and renewing your ESTA are two very different things. I'm not aware of any questions on the ESTA application that pertain to a pending visa, please let me know if I'm wrong.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.