bogelblanko

What do you guys think about coming back to US for a week within 39 days after I stayed in the US for 170 days?

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I just stayed for 5 months and 3 weeks or since this 22 June to 11 Dec '23, I was there to meet and stay with my friend when I was on my career break while waiting for my next job to start at my home country, then I met a guy and everything really went well with him. But we know at some point it'll be a long-distance for at least 6 months, with the reason that its too risky to return back in shorter time than the last time I stayed in the US, the CBP officer will most likely questioned me. However, I really missed him and on the 21th is his birthday and I impulsively booked a non-refundable two-ways ticket to come on the 20th Jan to see him for a week, I already got leave approval from my job. What do you guys think about this? do you think this reason is acceptable to convince the CBP officer and let me enter US? or this will really risk me on getting my visa cancelled etc? how to convince the CBP officer that I really will come back and that I need to get back to work at my home country so they trust me and allow me to enter?

Edited by bogelblanko

• bogelblanko changed the title to What do you guys think about coming back to US for a week within 39 days after I stayed in the US for 170 days?
18 minutes ago, bogelblanko said:

Hi, I just stayed for 5 months and 3 weeks or since this 22 June to 11 Dec '23, I was there to meet and stay with my friend when I was on my career break while waiting for my next job to start at my home country, then I met a guy and everything really went well with him. But we know at some point it'll be a long-distance for at least 6 months, with the reason that its too risky to return back in shorter time than the last time I stayed in the US, the CBP officer will most likely questioned me. However, I really missed him and on the 21th is his birthday and I impulsively booked a non-refundable two-ways ticket to come on the 20th Jan to see him for a week, I already got leave approval from my job. What do you guys think about this? do you think this reason is acceptable to convince the CBP officer and let me enter US? or this will really risk me on getting my visa cancelled etc? how to convince the CBP officer that I really will come back and that I need to get back to work at my home country so they trust me and allow me to enter?

I assume you will be denied entry.

1 hour ago, bogelblanko said:

anything is possible 

1) you wont know until you arrive at CBP and than what the officer thinks about your short duration visit again

2) they are going to ask you for the purpose of visit and they know you were there for 5 months 

3) if the relationship conversations come in to the discussion they might want to dig more..

as others have said, yes the possibility of your intent to stay in US is high. you could be considered to have intent to stay in US .  you will know when you travel and find out. you might get by without scrutiny this time or not. no one can tell. 

duh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, bogelblanko said:

how to convince the CBP officer that I really will come back and that I need to get back to work at my home country so they trust me and allow me to enter?

Going back for work seems like a stretch since you stayed in the US more than 5 months very recently.  They may ask if you worked remotely during that long visit in 2023, which is not allowed.

Assuming you are travelling on a B2 visa, the consequences if you were turned around would be the loss of the B2 visa, probably forever.  It's a very high risk for a one week visit.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

19 hours ago, bogelblanko said:

How would you convince CBP of need to return to work considering you stayed 5 + months in the US without urgent need to return home to work? 

I don’t expect this to be as smooth sailing as you expect at the border and rightfully so you should be denied and advised to follow the correct Visa process for intent to move here. Sounds like AOS intent to me from outside perspective. Regardless best wishes! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.