Mayi & MiMi

Need advice

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all ! 

Its been a while since my last post but I really need some help here. 

My husband came to the US just before the pandemic got really bad (January 2020) and we started our life together. My husband worked, paid taxes, stayed out of trouble. Life was good. I allowed my sister, who I never met, come to stay with us last year (she left after a few months) but during her time her, she really ###### with my husbands head. Let me explain to sum it up. The 3 years my husband was here, life was good. Yes my husband was missing home and we had made plans to return for a visit. In November 2022, my husband started changing mentally. His whole personality just flipped. My sister didnt make things better always talking out her [deleted] and saying negative things about his religion and all kinds of #######. Anyway skip the BS, my husband because a whole different person. His health started changing. He had lost so much weight and his mind started playing tricks on him. He thinks my sister did black magic on him (she's a 5150 btw). Finally after a complete meltdown I bought my husband a ticket back home while I was to deal with getting rid of my narcissistic sister. I mean things got absolutely crazy to the point that my husband asked me what was the injection I gave him in his leg when he was sleeping. Like it got really really bad. Anyway I bought him a ticket to Morocco, drove him to the airport and off he went. He doesnt remember much of his trip. His brother and family told me they saw a dead man in him. His skin was gray, his eyes were black, his weight was gone, like in all honesty he was a dead man walking. He told me that he saw my family at the airports and that people had been following him to his village. I can't begin to tell you how bad I cried over the days of reliving all of his breakdowns, his accusations, etc. 

Fast forward to today. When my husband arrived back home, he saw his mother had not been taking care of the home, herself, etc. She was not in the best of health. He stayed to help and in the same time get back his health, both physically and mentally. He left on January 4, 2023. I arrived in March of 2023 and left April 2023. My trip to the airport was not a memorable one because my husband and I bickered the entire way. We had NEVER fought or bickered. Anyway, I arrived home and we have been in contact with each other and I have been supporting him while he deals with his issues. He has maintained his bank account and he is on the mortgage papers here as well as the bills. He really didnt know if he wanted to come back but yesterday he said he did. His GC is an IR1 and its good for 10 years I believe. Since hes been out of the country since January 4, 2023, but has maintain his ties here, would there be any issues about his return. Keep in mind that no paperwork has been submitted regarding his overstay. 

Help ! 

Edited by TBoneTX

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

What's a 5150?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

OP, please avoid typing words with alternative characters that sidestep the site's word-filter (see "[deleted]" in your post).  We understand that you're upset, but please adhere to the Terms of Service.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

In your post u do not say what u wanted for yourself

Are u going to insist he get help from qualified personal?

and help pay his share of bills instead of u supporting him financially?

Think hard about what is best for your family 

I allowed my sister, who I never met, come to stay with us last year (she left after a few months)

If he broke down within a few months from your sister's ill mouth,  he had some underlying issues 

sorry for what u go thru , very sorry but if his religion is important to him,  read about Islam and understand a Muslim man is expected to support his wife and praying is important /  Allah is in control is what my Adil says

look for a support group (maybe 2 )  one for  his mental health and one that is comprised of Muslims 

Timeline

Thank you for the replies and apologies for the deleted words - although I did really use foul language, nonetheless I will remember to use caution when I write. However my question still remains unanswered. My husband has been out of the country since January 4, 2023. We have not filed any paperwork on why he has overstayed. He wants to return to the states, which that is all I want as well. What would he need to do to come back since he still has ties to the US? If he were to purchase his ticket and fly back would there be any issues?  Am I even posting in the right forum?

Thank you in advance

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Transferred?        No
Date Case #, IIN, 
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

In your post u do not say what u wanted for yourself

Are u going to insist he get help from qualified personal?

and help pay his share of bills instead of u supporting him financially?

Think hard about what is best for your family 

I allowed my sister, who I never met, come to stay with us last year (she left after a few months)

If he broke down within a few months from your sister's ill mouth,  he had some underlying issues 

sorry for what u go thru , very sorry but if his religion is important to him,  read about Islam and understand a Muslim man is expected to support his wife and praying is important /  Allah is in control is what my Adil says

look for a support group (maybe 2 )  one for  his mental health and one that is comprised of Muslims 

I am total in support of my husband and will always be in support of him. I know his worth, and his value. There is no question as to what we have. There was concern when he had a breakdown, but I have never once told him to get over it, I have been supportive of his health and issues. He is better and ready to be back with me. I never made him feel like he was less than. I went through this with him. What I do want to know is if he got a ticket and came back would there be issues of him entering the states. He has maintained his accounts with the bank and the home so the ties here are strong. I am sure immigration would like to know why the overstay in Morocco. Just I need to know the what ifs so that I can prepare things.

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Transferred?        No
Date Case #, IIN, 
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 hours ago, OldUser said:

Hi, I feel your pain. Hang in there!

He should travel back to the US ASAP.

It hasn't been a year of him being outside of the US. 

Buy that ticket get on that Plane.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mayi & MiMi said:

I am total in support of my husband and will always be in support of him. I know his worth, and his value. There is no question as to what we have. There was concern when he had a breakdown, but I have never once told him to get over it, I have been supportive of his health and issues. He is better and ready to be back with me. I never made him feel like he was less than. I went through this with him. What I do want to know is if he got a ticket and came back would there be issues of him entering the states. He has maintained his accounts with the bank and the home so the ties here are strong. I am sure immigration would like to know why the overstay in Morocco. Just I need to know the what ifs so that I can prepare things.

He may or may not face an interview and serious questions at the POE

no way we could know

it really depends on CBP and the POE 

Be ready for CBP to also question u and be sure he knows to tell them "my wife waits here for me"

He can even have preclearance at Toronto or Montreal 

and with valid US visa stamp he can transit in Paris as long as there is no change of airports

Take good care of both of u

allah yessir

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

He just needs to get back home. 

JeanneAdil mentioned that he might not have started in a good place.

From what you said about the sister you didn't and still don't know. I would be worried that she  drugged or poison him. With the comments she made about him and his religion along with her own mental illness.  I know it is a stretch but you did not know her. Then your husband  suddenly started losing weight and his mind in just a few short months. If he felt you were injecting him in his sleep, or your family was following him. I would be worried about drugs/poisonings. Too late now to run blood work, but search your house high and low. Some drugs can stay in your system for awhile and that might explain why he felt he was being followed. 

Please be careful and make sure you keep an eye on your husband's health when he gets back. 

I totally agree ! He mentioned that he saw her near his coffee and some other things. I never doubted him but she is gone now and I have been praying that his health come back. I just know that he wants to come home now and start his life back. I want us to move forward and together find solutions. 

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Transferred?        No
Date Case #, IIN, 
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mayi & MiMi said:

I totally agree ! He mentioned that he saw her near his coffee and some other things. I never doubted him but she is gone now and I have been praying that his health come back. I just know that he wants to come home now and start his life back. I want us to move forward and together find solutions. 

It is good he is coming back. Now moving forward you two can work together to figure things out. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

He just needs to get back home. 

JeanneAdil mentioned that he might not have started in a good place.

From what you said about the sister you didn't and still don't know. I would be worried that she  drugged or poison him. With the comments she made about him and his religion along with her own mental illness.  I know it is a stretch but you did not know her. Then your husband  suddenly started losing weight and his mind in just a few short months. If he felt you were injecting him in his sleep, or your family was following him. I would be worried about drugs/poisonings. Too late now to run blood work, but search your house high and low. Some drugs can stay in your system for awhile and that might explain why he felt he was being followed. 

Please be careful and make sure you keep an eye on your husband's health when he gets back. 

Sounds plasible

Here in  Tennessee where we both are, the state has centers called pain management that handles all psychotic drugs /  not by regular doctor.

u should have been advised about her  condition and medications.   I would check my house thoroughly.

the following statement defines psychosis  and if she was taking any drugs ,  herself,  that bought on her illness,  it is possible she slipped him dose or doses .  easy to do if he eats some foods you don't eat . 

Psychosis may occur as a result of a psychiatric illness like schizophrenia. In other instances, it may be caused by a health condition, medications, or drug use.
Possible symptoms include delusions, hallucinations, talking incoherently, and agitation

Nashville has 4 big mental health centers that are arranged in the 4 corners/  so one of them will be close to u / get him there if he didn't go before he left and feel free to explain  what happened 

Take care and God bless u 
Remember a Good Moroccan man is a real good man and we're lucky to have found one

Timeline
15 hours ago, Mayi & MiMi said:

Thank you for the replies and apologies for the deleted words - although I did really use foul language, nonetheless I will remember to use caution when I write. However my question still remains unanswered. My husband has been out of the country since January 4, 2023. We have not filed any paperwork on why he has overstayed. He wants to return to the states, which that is all I want as well. What would he need to do to come back since he still has ties to the US? If he were to purchase his ticket and fly back would there be any issues?  Am I even posting in the right forum?

Thank you in advance

There will be. most likely, no questions asked if enters the US before one year of his departure.

But this will create a gap in his stay in the US if he plans to apply for Naturalization with 3 years

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.