Tablehair

Rejection due to 214b. Need reapply advise!!!

33 posts in this topic

I just got visa rejection due to 214b. 
Im from Vietnam,was married but divorced already, single mother, my son is 5 years old, i was born in countryside, i have a house in countryside, now im living in city.

In Ds160 my agency filled that :
- im single
- travel alone
- address of hotel in California
- marketing staff in a trading & investment & joinstock company

- salary: didnt mention
- also mention that im following a 6 months programming course at a trainning system
- Travel history: indonesia, phillipine, thailand, cambodia
- at the end my agency mentioned that who assist me to fill this form - agency

And the interviewer were:

Question 1: Why do you want to go to the US?
Me: i want to travel and i want to attend a 4 hours coding workshop in harvard university in Nov 8th in boston then travel to California and new york.
(I was supposed to say i want to travel to Cali visit Universal,… and New York then visit lecture (not workshop) in Boston but i was nervous and 🥹)

Question 2: Do you have invitation letter?
Me: i dont have invitation letter but ticket is it ok? She said sure and saw ticket and she said okay.

Question 3: Do you have family in the US?
Me: no i dont 

Question 4: Do you have family here?
Me: (i was confused by the question and i asked her) Family? I have my dad, brother sister and my son

Question 5: Have you ever been to anywhere close to the US? 
Me: never

Visa is not approved.

I want to fill my form on my own next time and not need agency.
Can you help me to see what i need to improve on my form next time.
When can i reapply again? As the date of the lecture in university over, so i shouldnt mention it next time on the form ? Just going to say im going to travel only? 

Appreciate all your responds 🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ohh and filling in the DS160 is more high school level not Harvard 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

while u were in interview,  i am sure CO was tryping 

and it was easy for that person to look up info on Harvard site and see that Harvard Kennedy School was offiering a lunch hosted by Anne Boustead on  cyber encryption on the 8th of November as follows

Lunch Seminar featuring Anne Boustead, Assistant Professor at the School of Government and Public Policy at the University of Arizona. In a talk entitled, "Measuring Encryption," Boustead will explore some of the legal and policy issues that could be informed by additional data on encounters with encrypted devices in the criminal justice system.

But Harvard U only has a course from the 7th to the 18th full days 

U were not able to explain your intent to attend with sufficient proof as this lecture is 1st come 1st served

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

I assume you have read the DS160, it just asks factual questions for which there is only a correct answer.

Going to Harvard from Vietnam for a 4 hour course may have confused them.

Yeah i think that answer confused them, i was planning to go with my friend to Cali and New York ( she passed visa before ) but the agency filled my form that i traveled alone so i had to go along with that. 
Also i didnt mention to them i have a house.
Do you think is it okay for me to only mention travel next time ? And when do you think i can reapply?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tablehair said:

Yeah i think that answer confused them, i was planning to go with my friend to Cali and New York ( she passed visa before ) but the agency filled my form that i traveled alone so i had to go along with that. 
Also i didnt mention to them i have a house.
Do you think is it okay for me to only mention travel next time ? And when do you think i can reapply?

They do not ask if you have a house.

Whatever the reason you want to travel you should mention

You can apply as soon and as frequently as you want. 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

No, you did not have to "go along" with that. 

They have you read and sign the form. That was your chance to correct it. So no, you didn't have to go along with whatever the form said. All you had to do is to either tell the agency to correct it, or get rid of your agency and fill it yourself with nothing but the truth.

They didnt show me, they filled and sent it already and didnt even show me until 2 days before interview.

Timeline

You had to sign it under oath etc.

Timeline
Just now, Tablehair said:

Is that a joke? 😅

Huh?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.