Camicamira

Is it child birth care and assistance a valid reason to apply for a US Visa Emergency Tourist Visa

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Dear All:

I hope you are doing well. I am a US LPR, and recently I found out I am pregnant. My due date is scheduled for April next year. However, my husband is a first responder, and We are not 100% Sure that he would be able to take care of me and the Baby immediately.

My parents live in Colombia, and the situation there to obtain a tourist visa has become worse, I have been waiting for them to get a visa for approximately 1 year. My mom still has to wait until July 2024 to get an appointment. 

Is it child birth and assistance a valid reason to request an expedite US Visa appointment via Medical Emergency of a close relative?

I am currently gathering all medical information and notes from my OBGYN stating pregnancy conditions and due date to request this. Any help or tip is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

In general, a B2 visa is not available for work, and childcare, even for an immediate family member, is considered work, so it might be tough to justify an emergency appointment.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Trying to expedite the B2 for childcare may backfire. 

Is there a medical issue why you can't take care of yourself and your child?  

Timeline

Hi Steve:

At the moment everything goes well with my pregnancy. God is good. I was just thinking my husband and I could get help, since nobody will take care of you the best if are give birth, you would like your mom to care of you as a woman, not a stranger person. I guess I just want my mom 

Thank you, and blessings

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Trying to expedite the B2 for childcare may backfire. 

Is there a medical issue why you can't take care of yourself and your child?  

Hi Steve:

At the moment everything goes well with my pregnancy. God is good. I was just thinking my husband and I could get help, since nobody will take care of you the best if are give birth, you would like your mom to care of you as a woman, not a stranger person. I guess I just want my mom.

Thank you, and blessings

Camila

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Camicamira said:

Hi Steve:

At the moment everything goes well with my pregnancy. God is good. I was just thinking my husband and I could get help, since nobody will take care of you the best if are give birth, you would like your mom to care of you as a woman, not a stranger person. I guess I just want my mom 

Thank you, and blessings

Certainly understandable, but unfortunately US immigration does not factor that in.  Now your parents can still apply for a B2 visa, but attempting to do an emergency appointment so they can provide childcare is not a good plan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It doesn't hurt to try.

I would base the expedite request on emotional support for your first pregnancy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, Camicamira said:

My due date is scheduled for April next year

You have plenty of time to file I-131 to for

a re-entry permit, get the I-131 receipt and biometrics and then travel to Colombia to give birth. 

If your child will not be born a U.S. citizen, you can bring your child to the U.S. without a visa, provided you return with your child within 2 years of birth.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You have plenty of time to file I-131 to for

a re-entry permit, get the I-131 receipt and biometrics and then travel to Colombia to give birth. 

If your child will not be born a U.S. citizen, you can bring your child to the U.S. without a visa, provided you return with your child within 2 years of birth.

Historical posts show AOS, so I am assuming the first responder spouse is a USC, so wouldn't this plan require CRBA?

Edited by Dashinka

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

Historical posts show AOS, so I am assuming the first responder spouse is a USC, so wouldn't this plan require CRBA?

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

If your child will not be born a U.S. citizen

I make no assumptions.

Either way, OP has options to get the family support she needs.

The B visa is a “hail Mary pass”. And messing around with that before OP’s pregnancy is to far ing to travel is adds risk.

Timeline

Thank you all for the tips and suggestions. Believe me I appreciate the insights. It is unbelievanle for me that still after waiting for 1 year for an appointment, my parents still have to wait until July 2024 to be able to visit me, and now grandson/ grandaughter.

US Consulates specially Colombia should improve in response times.

Camila

25 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I make no assumptions.

Either way, OP has options to get the family support she needs.

The B visa is a “hail Mary pass”. And messing around with that before OP’s pregnancy is to far ing to travel is adds risk.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Camicamira said:

US Consulates specially Colombia should improve in response times

Yes it is a national embarrassment. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I had 3 children, all c sections, 2 of them premature by 6 weeks, and never needed, asked or had any help from my family, and they lived close. Not sure why you would request or need an expedited visa for a normal birth. Regardless of that, childcare is considered work, if you try to get their visas expedited for that reason, it will result in their visas being denied all together. Not a good idea.

On 9/18/2023 at 8:57 AM, SteveInBostonI130 said:

It doesn't hurt to try.

I would base the expedite request on emotional support for your first pregnancy.

If they do that it will be denied.

Emotional support has never been a valid reason to get a tourist visa as far as I know plus child and even adult care is work.

This strategy will backfire at the applicant always.

Edited by Downloader

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.