hearsay

Received Estimated Wait Time

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I filed the I-130 electronically. I received a notice last week that said my case estimated wait time is "12 months."

Did you receive something similar? Was the end result accurate? For example, if yours said 12 months did you receive your visa within 12 months or was it a shorter or longer wait?

Thanks for sharing!

5.26.23: Wedding

6.24.23: I-130

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

YMMV with any processing time estimates from USCIS.  Also, this estimate is only for the processing of the I130 by USCIS, not the complete visa process from filing through USCIS to NVC, to consulate.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, hearsay said:

I filed the I-130 electronically. I received a notice last week that said my case estimated wait time is "12 months."

Did you receive something similar? Was the end result accurate? For example, if yours said 12 months did you receive your visa within 12 months or was it a shorter or longer wait?

Thanks for sharing!

USCIS esimated time is as good as asking 100 people what second the sun sets today ?  you will get 100 different answers

Edited by igoyougoduke

duh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you may get more  info on the particular consulate by hitting the word portal above and reading posts from other members going thru your consulate and look at the timelines for Columbia

those are the VJ members with experience on that particular embassy

after the USCIS 12 month process which is the 1st part,  

then the case goes  to  NVC ,  2 fees and supporting documents are then needed is the next step

u can also check the word GUIDES above to learn the process  

21 hours ago, hearsay said:

Thanks for sharing!

The estimated waiting times changes every couple of months. 

Also, even though your NOA1 might state your petition is at Vermont. That might not be true in a month or two as they can and do transfer cases. 

I will tell you our wait time for both service centers was not accurate at all. 

As difficult as it is... you should forget about the petition and hope your partner enters the US after May 26, 2025 so they will receive an IR visa not the dreaded CR visa which entails filing ROC. 

ETA: I see you are currently living with your partner? This means waiting together is easier than waiting in two different countries. Enjoy your lives in Colombia while you can and enjoy all the things you might miss after moving to the US. 

Edited by Redro

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.