23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

India is currently DEC 2008 so she probably will not be getting a visa number for 6 years

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Anna S said:

Do you know how can they get the visa number? I tried messaging nvc but I did not get any response 

51 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I an sorry, but the law is clear: until a visa number is available no visa can be issued.

46 minutes ago, Anna S said:

This is frustrating because they are not giving us any kinda update on visa number 😕

That info is available to the public via the Visa Bulletin.   

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

First things first, Check if the visa category is current, for F3 category, India's current F3 category is December 2008 while Philippines is June 2002. It is still a long time of waiting. If this could have been current, you can try to ask for an expedite processing or interview. Which is you can request to NVC by writing to them his reason, like medical condition and a reason of how it will impact him as a petitioner and along with the request is an official letter from his physician or the hospital that includes her medical diagnosis, just make sure that the letter is official with all doctors or hospital information, these along with all immigration case numbers etc. must be emailed to NVC, but because the category is not current, NVC could not do anything. I hope that everything goes well. NG

"Can I do anything if I’m told there is no visa available for my relative?

No, there is nothing that the NVC can do to expedite the petition if a visa is not available in their category."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Anna 

if u r a USC,  u should apply for the sibling visa for your sister since ur dad has cancer

If the petitioner dies before the principal applicant has immigrated to the United States, the petition is automatically revoked.  This means the consular officer will not be able to issue a visa to any of the beneficiaries of the petition and will be required to return the petition to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.