24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My family got green card in 2016 we are 5 family members 5 of us got the green cards.. but they do not want to go back .. except me .. when i got my green card i was studying and financially dependent on the family since they dont want to go back they dont want me to go also.. in the mean time i did business as an artist collected money learned a skill to go on my own. In the meantime covid hit my family hard , we are a family of doctors and after that my mother had a knee surgery and few months after that i had a road accident all of which is documented .. i'll be entering US via JFK what should i be prepared for? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from US Immigration News to General Immigration Discussion, to be among similar threads. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Uzair Aziz said:

My family got green card in 2016 we are 5 family members 5 of us got the green cards.. but they do not want to go back .. except me .. when i got my green card i was studying and financially dependent on the family since they dont want to go back they dont want me to go also.. in the mean time i did business as an artist collected money learned a skill to go on my own. In the meantime covid hit my family hard , we are a family of doctors and after that my mother had a knee surgery and few months after that i had a road accident all of which is documented .. i'll be entering US via JFK what should i be prepared for? 

Prepare for questions from CBP.  Don't sign an I407 regardless of how they pressure you especially if you intend to stay in the US as an LPR.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

~~ Duplicate thread removed. Do not start multiple threads about the same or related topic (coming back to US after being absent) as that’s spamming ~~

5 minutes ago, Uzair Aziz said:

Can i fly to canada as lpr i have overstayed outside US for about 4 years my airlines didnt let me board to US so i am thinking to fly to canada first will canada immigration check my overstay? Or they will let me in without any hassle

Why did the airline refuse to board you to the US?

Fly with a different airline. Airlines are not CBP, they have no business asking how long you’ve been out of the US and you don’t have to tell them. 

I suppose you can fly to Canada and then cross into the US, but I think that’s too burdensome especially that you have a valid unexpired GC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Uzair Aziz said:

Because they said you overstayed

What airline?

The airline that denied boarding to U.S. is as likely to apply the same illogic and deny boarding to Canada.

Edited by Mike E

9 minutes ago, Uzair Aziz said:

It was PIA 

pakistan international airlines.. what is the best airline that will not apply this illogical excuse

PIA is currently banned from flying to the European Union, the UK, and the US.  What were the exact details of your flight? Which airline was the code share? 

Did you volunteer/tell the airline that you had been out of the US for that long?

Edited by Lemonslice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Uzair Aziz said:

It was PIA 

pakistan international airlines.. what is the best airline that will not apply this illogical excuse

Emirates, Etihad, Qatar

Start with Emirates.

If Emirates and Etihad do not board you, book a round trip to Doha on Qatar. Pakistanis have a limited visa waiver for Qatar. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Pakistani_citizens

Then once in Doha, book a  round trup flight to Canada.

From Canada book a flight from Toronto Island or Regina airports to the U.S. to avoid CBP pre-clearance which IMHO is likely to deny boarding. Or get to the land border.

Refuse to sign I-407.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.