chatgpt4

April 2023 NVC Submission

142 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, snm2212 said:

Guys I have a confusion. This may sound stupid. What do you mean by

A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR EMPLOYMENT-BASED PREFERENCE CASES :

B.  DATES FOR FILING OF EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA APPLICATIONS

My priority date is Sep 29, 2022 and documentarily qualified. I am waiting for an interview in London (Outside US). Should I expect to get IL soon? EB2 case

You won't get an IL until your PD is current unfortunately. 

The B dates mean that NVC will work on your case if your PD is before that date (which yours is), even though there's no immigrant visa available to you, as they know your PD will become current in the not too distant future. But then once DQ'ed, your case won't progress any further until your PD is before the date in table A and a visa is available. This explains it better than I can - https://www.boundless.com/immigration-resources/how-to-read-the-visa-bulletin/

Good luck, hope you don't have too long to wait.

Edited by appleblossom

1 minute ago, appleblossom said:

You won't get an IL until your PD is current unfortunately. 

The B dates mean that NVC will work on your case if your PD is before that date (which yours is), even though there's no immigrant visa available to you, as they know your PD will become current in the not too distance future. But then once DQ'ed, your case won't progress any further until your PD is before the date in table A and a visa is available.

Good luck, hope you don't have too long to wait.

thank you for clarification. i hope i dont have to wait too long

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Your PD must be earlier than the Final Action Date for you to get IL. You were able to start the NVC process because your PD was earlier than the Date for Filing. Keep an eye on Final Action Date now..

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline
7 minutes ago, snm2212 said:

thank you for clarification. i hope i dont have to wait too long

Your PD must be earlier than the Final Action Date for you to get IL. You were able to start the NVC process because your PD was earlier than the Date for Filing. Keep an eye on Final Action Date now..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Got DQ'd today (4/26) on 3 out of 4 cases.

CR1 - DQ'ed

IR2 #1 - DQ'ed

IR2 #2 - DQ'ed

IR2 #3 - Case FE Review note:

This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

All the documents are marked as ACCEPTED on CEAC.

The I-864 for all four applications is the exact same. Our household size is 5, and I make at least 200% of the poverty guideline for that household size, as shown by my tax transcripts, letter of employment, W-2, and Schedule C. HOWEVER, I just realized that on IR2 #3 I didn't upload my explanation for not filing my 2022 taxes (extension), like I did for the others (although I submitted prior to tax day). I'm guessing that was the reason for the FE Review note.

"The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview." -- this is the part that gets me. Does this indicate that this case is "approved" at NVC and it's now up to the consulate? Either way, I've already uploaded the missing document (and kicking myself for missing that despite my quadruple check of everything before submitting).

ETA: Will the IR2 #3 now be stuck behind the rest of the cases? Or does NVC keep them together until all are DQ'd?

Edited by leeen21
added something i forgot

3/11/22 - Married

USCIS 

6/2/22 - Submitted I-130 online (4 petitions - CR1, CR2 x 3)

6/2/22 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center) 

6/13/22 - Sent K-3 Packet

6/22/22 - K-3 Receipt Notice

11/12/22 - Approved (NOA2 - Texas Service Center)

NVC

11/19/22 - Welcome Email

11/21/22 - Paid AOS & IV Fees

4/13/23 - Submitted DS-261 & Civil Documents

4/26/23 - Documentarily Qualified (CR1, CR2 x 2)

5/26/23 - Documentarily Qualified  (CR2)

7/13/23 - Interviews Scheduled (CR1, CR2 x 2); Expedite sent to NVC for 4th applicant

7/20/23 - Interview Scheduled (CR2)

Consulate

9/15/23 & 9/18/23 - Interviews at CDJ (Mexico)

9/18/23 - Approved! (CR1, CR2); Administrative Processing (CR2 x 2)

9/23/23 - Entry into U.S.! (CR1, by land at Hidalgo International Bridge)

10/5/23 - Administrative Processing appointment at CDJ (CR2 x 2)

11/13/23 - CR2 approved!

11/15/23 - CR2 approved!

11/22/23 - Entry into U.S.! (CR, by land at Hidalgo International Bridge)

11/23/23 - Entry into U.S.! (CR2 x 2, by land at Hidalgo International Bridge)

On 4/18/2023 at 9:28 AM, TexasRafael said:

NVC Received April 4th 2023, finished all Affidavit of Support and 260 on 4/13/2023 and now wait. 

All paper work approved on 4/26/2023 now documentarily qualified and waiting for interview appointment.!!

On 4/18/2023 at 8:12 PM, chatgpt4 said:

VJ User

Submitted

DQ Estimate

RFI

Days to RFI

Resubmit

DQ Actual

Days to DQ

@chatgpt4

4/5

4/19

-

-

-

-

-

@W Herrera (EB2)

4/3

4/17

Y

-

-

-

@appleblossom (EB1)

4/5

4/19

-

-

-

-

-

@Dino08 (CR1)

4/2

4/17

Y

4/11

-

-

@Dino08 (IR2)

4/5

4/19

-

-

-

-

-

@davidtech

4/10

4/24

-

-

-

-

-

@Elliott & Dora IR-1

4/7

4/21

Y

-

-

-

@Elliott & Dora IR-2

4/7

4/21

-

-

-

-

-

@leeen21 CR1

4/13

4/27

-

-

-

-

-

@leeen21 IR-2 #1

4/13

4/27

-

-

-

-

-

@leeen21 IR-2 #2

4/13

4/27

-

-

-

-

-

@leeen21 IR-2 #3

4/13

4/27

-

-

-

-

-

@TexasRafael

4/13

4/27

-

-

-

-

-

Great estimate, DQ on 4/26!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

@leeen21 @TexasRafael

VJ User

Submitted

DQ Estimate

RFI

Days to RFI

Resubmit

DQ Actual

Days to DQ

@chatgpt4 CR1

4/5

4/19

N

-

-

4/19

@chatgpt4 IR2

4/5

5/1 (Post RFI)

Y

4/19

@W Herrera (EB2)

4/3

4/17

Y

-

-

-

@appleblossom (EB1)

4/5

4/19

N

-

-

4/21

@Dino08 (CR1)

4/2

4/25 (Post RFI)

Y

4/11

4/25

@Dino08 (IR2)

4/5

4/19

N

-

-

4/18

@davidtech

4/10

4/24

N

-

-

4/21

@Elliott & Dora IR-1

4/7

5/3 (Post RFI)

Y

4/21

-

-

@Elliott & Dora IR-2

4/7

4/21

N

-

-

4/18

@leeen21 CR1

4/13

4/27

N

-

-

4/26

@leeen21 IR-2 #1

4/13

4/27

N

-

-

4/26

@leeen21 IR-2 #2

4/13

4/27

N

-

-

4/26

@leeen21 IR-2 #3

4/13

4/27

Y

-

-

-

@TexasRafael

4/13

4/27

N

-

-

4/26

@Mor

4/5

4/19

N

-

-

4/18

@Jacq1227

4/7

4/21

N

-

-

4/20

@Ernie73 (EB2)

4/14

4/28

-

-

-

-

-

@boosto23

4/6

5/1 (Post RFI)

Y

4/19

-

-

@dattran1116

4/6

4/20

N

-

-

4/19

@RickyDarling

4/24

5/8

-

-

-

-

-

@CLUMSYCHELSY

4/24

5/8

-

-

-

-

-

@jm1409

4/25

5/9

-

-

-

-

-

@Dad & Dau

4/20

5/4

-

-

-

-

-

USCIS 

10/02/2022 - Submitted I-130

10/02/2022 - NOA1 (California Service Center) 

10/10/2022 - Sent K-3 Packet

10/17/2022 - K-3 Receipt Notice

03/19/2023 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

03/20/2023 - Approved (NOA2)

03/24/2023 - Status Update (Case was sent to the Department of State)

NVC

04/01/2023 Welcome Email

04/01/2023 Paid Fees

04/05/2023 Submitted AOS and Civil Documents

04/19/2023 Documentarily Qualified

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello all, I wanted to submit my dates and ask something. We submitted on April 6th and got RFI on April 19th because they rejected my (beneficiary's) birth certificate. We resubmitted my birth certificate on the same day and waiting for being DQed.. The thing I want to ask is; they sent a message to us via the system and asked to submit "2022 W-2/1099 form for my husband" which they already accepted everything before that.. is that a problem? We submitted it on April 25th but would it cause us more delay? :( 

Ps: You guys can add us on the chart. Thanks. 

Edited by nsc

23 minutes ago, nsc said:

Hello all, I wanted to submit my dates and ask something. We submitted on April 6th and got RFI on April 19th because they rejected my (beneficiary's) birth certificate. We resubmitted my birth certificate on the same day and waiting for being DQed.. The thing I want to ask is; they sent a message to us via the system and asked to submit "2022 W-2/1099 form for my husband" which they already accepted everything before that.. is that a problem? We submitted it on April 25th but would it cause us more delay? :( 

Ps: You guys can add us on the chart. Thanks. 

NVC usually review the re-submitted documents after 12-13 days. Waiting time restarts again after every new submission typically. This is based on my personal experience during one and half month dealing with nvc processing. Sometimes RFI messages are not very obvious. Sometimes your accepted document become invalid the very next day after it is ACCEPTED and you have to resubmit it. It is better try to submit documents as per I-864 instructions and CIVIL document guidelines based on your circumstances initially so that document review cycles can be reduced. That is what most of the folks on this forum are doing

Edited by Leo The Great

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Just now, Leo The Great said:

NVC usually review the re-submitted document after 12-13 days. Waiting time restarts again after every new submission typically

Thank you, I guessed that too. But it wasn't a required document though. All the required documents are already accepted on the petitioner's section.. I hope they won't restart the waitng time. 🥺

On 4/26/2023 at 6:22 PM, leeen21 said:

Got DQ'd today (4/26) on 3 out of 4 cases.

CR1 - DQ'ed

IR2 #1 - DQ'ed

IR2 #2 - DQ'ed

IR2 #3 - Case FE Review note:

This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

All the documents are marked as ACCEPTED on CEAC.

The I-864 for all four applications is the exact same. Our household size is 5, and I make at least 200% of the poverty guideline for that household size, as shown by my tax transcripts, letter of employment, W-2, and Schedule C. HOWEVER, I just realized that on IR2 #3 I didn't upload my explanation for not filing my 2022 taxes (extension), like I did for the others (although I submitted prior to tax day). I'm guessing that was the reason for the FE Review note.

"The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview." -- this is the part that gets me. Does this indicate that this case is "approved" at NVC and it's now up to the consulate? Either way, I've already uploaded the missing document (and kicking myself for missing that despite my quadruple check of everything before submitting).

ETA: Will the IR2 #3 now be stuck behind the rest of the cases? Or does NVC keep them together until all are DQ'd?

I got the similar FE review note on April 14 (Income is consistent on 3 years tax return and way above minimum requirements), even though all documents required for I-864 including 2021 tax transcript  were already submitted on April 4. My sponsor filed for tax extension for year 2022. My question is which document option you used  in the petitioner/sponsor section to upload the receipt for extension and explanation note. Did you use "Reason for not filing taxes" for that?

Edited by Leo The Great

1 minute ago, CLUMSYCHELSY said:

Question..... do we get an email that NVC received our submitted documents? Or will our NVC page only show that documents were submitted ? THANKS!

No email until you're DQ'ed (or they need more info/a missing document).

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/24/2023 at 2:43 PM, appleblossom said:

Approx 14 days after submission going on current timescales (they’re updated weekly). https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Good luck. 

Does the waiting begin when you submit the last document to NVC? Or the first few? I took about a week to upload everything. And sorry for so many questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.