Tomalley

How to complain about USCIS?

80 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Regarding the non-linear processing of cases, we can explain it to you, but we cannot understand it for you.

USCIS is bound by laws to investigate potential immigrant/citizens’ backgrounds, rather than taking “I didn’t do any crimes” at face value.   Go figure.

Good to see so many unfriendly people here. It is interesting. Good luck on your cases and hope you never get angry and frustrated.

7 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Maybe you guys are lucky and got your citizenship very early, so nothing to complain. 

On the contrary:  many of us have been or are currently waiting in the queues.  

Husband waited 14 months just for AOS (Seattle field office is amongst the slowest), and now we are 15 months into ROC.   Our case is at LIN, so we don’t expect anything for another 6 months or so.    

Haven’t even applied for naturalization yet.   Really don’t see the urgency to do that.

1 minute ago, Tomalley said:

Good to see so many unfriendly people here. It is interesting. Good luck on your cases and hope you never get angry and frustrated.

Huh?   How am I being unfriendly?

What is the rush? Are you hoping to start sponsorship for some family members?

4/12/13 - sent I-485 package

4/15/13 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received package

4/22/13 - got email and txt

4/29/13 - received NOA in mail

5/08/13 - received biometrics appointment for 5/22

5/09/13 - successful early walk in at Port Chester, NY office

5/22/13 - I-485 updated to Testing & Interview

6/18/13 - EAD went to production

6/21/13 - Card/Document Production for EAD - second email

6/24/13 - EAD mailed

6/26/13 - EAD arrived

7/18/13 - got email about interview

7/20/13 - got hard copy interview letter

08/23/13 - interview - Approved dancin5hr.gif(card production & decision email)

08/28/13 - card production - second email

08/29/13 - card mailed

09/03/13 - card arrived

*********************************************************************************

05/27/2016 - N-400 mailed

06/02/2016 - NOA date

06/24/2016 - biometrics appointment

11/28/2016 - interview scheduled for January 9th, 2017

01/09/2017 - interview passed

01/20/2017 - Oath Ceremony

4 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Because your case landed in the hands of different officers. 
Im a teacher. This is exactly like me saying “I don’t understand why if these two students are in the same class, one of them got an A in their test and the other one got a B-“.

In my example, my students are USCIS officers.

My ROC is at LIN, like I said, sitting for 14 months. I know of one person, same center, filed 4 months later and got approved in 22 days. I doubt whether me complaining about my case and how unfair everything is will do anything.

Everyone is getting those letters sooner or later 

Hi, I don’t know which office is Lin. My case was sent to potomac office and it is a very slow office. And it is not just one person who applied later than me got approved earlier. It is multiple people. As I said, maybe complaining won’t help but I definitely want to voice my frustration to USCIS. Also aren’t you curious  why people who applied later than you got approved earlier?  I think it’s unfair. 

4 minutes ago, discoverusa said:

What is the rush? Are you hoping to start sponsorship for some family members?

I want to vote. 

1 minute ago, Tomalley said:

Hi, I don’t know which office is Lin. My case was sent to potomac office and it is a very slow office. And it is not just one person who applied later than me got approved earlier. It is multiple people. As I said, maybe complaining won’t help but I definitely want to voice my frustration to USCIS. Also aren’t you curious  why people who applied later than you got approved earlier?  I think it’s unfair. 

LIN is Nebraska, also very slow.

I guess I just realize that there will always be people who applied after me who are approved first, and that we will very likely get approved before people who applied before us.

Like life, it isn’t linear, or “fair.”   I have other  things to occupy my time and mental energy with.   Good luck.

9 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

On the contrary:  many of us have been or are currently waiting in the queues.  

Husband waited 14 months just for AOS (Seattle field office is amongst the slowest), and now we are 15 months into ROC.   Our case is at LIN, so we don’t expect anything for another 6 months or so.    

Haven’t even applied for naturalization yet.   Really don’t see the urgency to do that.

Huh?   How am I being unfriendly?

Honestly, I also waited 14 month for AOS. And over  22 months for ROC. I know it is not a competition. But it is almost 2 years and nothing happened . It is very frustrating. They just keep extending form 18 months, 24 months, and 48 months now. It is being ridiculous. 

Just now, Tomalley said:

Honestly, I also waited 14 month for AOS. And over  22 months for ROC. I know it is not a competition. But it is almost 2 years and nothing happened . It is very frustrating. They just keep extending form 18 months, 24 months, and 48 months now. It is being ridiculous. 

Yup.   The vast majority of us are in the same boat.   No part of US immigration is fast in 2023.

3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

LIN is Nebraska, also very slow.

I guess I just realize that there will always be people who applied after me who are approved first, and that we will very likely get approved before people who applied before us.

Like life, it isn’t linear, or “fair.”   I have other  things to occupy my time and mental energy with.   Good luck.

I have a full time job and other things in my life too. But I definitely want to finish my USCIS process. It has been so many years. And it is so much longer than I expected. I know it is not fair, but it shouldn’t ridiculously unfair. Good luck to you too. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the US Citizenship Case Progress subforum to the USCIS Service Centers forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tomalley said:

It is very disappointing that they processed people who applied later than me and my cases are still no movement. I think it is extremely unfair. I will try different ways to complain and push them if I can. 

I know a case where the Guy is waiting 4 years. He does not want to inquire, because he has Immigration fraud, in his background. He thinks If he make a inquiry, they may just take his green card. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.