Tomalley

How to complain about USCIS?

80 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone. Just an update about my situation. I passed my combo interview and took my oath ceremony last week. So finally my USCIS journey is over. I know lots of you told me to wait patiently but I did push every way I can and somehow magic happened. I got my interview letter very soon after I pushed my senator office a couple times and finished my interview. Now I am an American citizen.  If you don’t care waiting, it is fine. But I rather to get it finished soon than later especially I have waited a long time. Good luck to everyone! 

On 3/6/2023 at 2:14 PM, Tomalley said:

Hi Friends,

I am very frustrating and angry about USCIS. I saw other people in Orlando applied months later than me already got their citizenship and interview. And my cases are still in NBC and no update at all. It has been 10 month since I applied for citizenship. I applied in May 2022. It is very ridiculous and shouldn’t take this long. I think it is very unfair that they didn’t process cases based on the receive date. I want to make a complaint about this. I already asked my senator for help but my cases are still in NBC. Does anyone know what I can do? 

I'm sorry for the member who has been laughing at your posts. Most of the contributors who comment here regularly are i) very knowledgable and ii) very kind. Even the ones who are pretty blunt...they are just being kind by sharing their knowledge and giving you information. It doesn't mean they aren't empathetic to your situation. 

I feel your frustration. I've been tracking adjudication times for the Nebraska Service Center for spousal visa petitions, and I've seen a few cases submitted around the time as ours or even after, and they have their NOA 2 already. It is very frustrating. But, as others have said, while we are supposed to be queued by date of receipt, everyone's case is different. Some of those petitioners filed expedite requests and were approved; others...I don't know why they were adjudicated ahead of us. Our projected wait time for potential adjudication has just jumped from 4 months to 6 months now. I don't know why. 

It's frustrating, but there is very little we can do about it, at least until after that initial wait time has passed. And even then, it's just a game of cat and mouse, move and wait. 

Patience is key. Not allowing the mind games of waiting and wondering to mess with you is key. Maintaining hope...is key. 

One day it will all come together. Maybe not as quickly as we would like. But one day. It's a process. And until we have pretty clear and convincing evidence that some egregious error has occurred, we just wait in queue. If we end up too far past the generalized 12 month wait period, we'll start inquiring. 

Best of luck on your journey, my friend. 

10 minutes ago, Jason and May said:

I'm sorry for the member who has been laughing at your posts. Most of the contributors who comment here regularly are i) very knowledgable and ii) very kind. Even the ones who are pretty blunt...they are just being kind by sharing their knowledge and giving you information. It doesn't mean they aren't empathetic to your situation. 

I feel your frustration. I've been tracking adjudication times for the Nebraska Service Center for spousal visa petitions, and I've seen a few cases submitted around the time as ours or even after, and they have their NOA 2 already. It is very frustrating. But, as others have said, while we are supposed to be queued by date of receipt, everyone's case is different. Some of those petitioners filed expedite requests and were approved; others...I don't know why they were adjudicated ahead of us. Our projected wait time for potential adjudication has just jumped from 4 months to 6 months now. I don't know why. 

It's frustrating, but there is very little we can do about it, at least until after that initial wait time has passed. And even then, it's just a game of cat and mouse, move and wait. 

Patience is key. Not allowing the mind games of waiting and wondering to mess with you is key. Maintaining hope...is key. 

One day it will all come together. Maybe not as quickly as we would like. But one day. It's a process. And until we have pretty clear and convincing evidence that some egregious error has occurred, we just wait in queue. If we end up too far past the generalized 12 month wait period, we'll start inquiring. 

Best of luck on your journey, my friend. 

Hi, I already got my citizenship. Some of them I don’t think are very friendly or kind but whatever. People can be rude sometimes online because there is no consequences and I don’t like that. Also I was just asking for help originally and didn’t expect to get all these unfriendly comments. I don’t care now. My journey with USCIS is over. Good luck to you. 

14 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Hi, I already got my citizenship. Some of them I don’t think are very friendly or kind but whatever. People can be rude sometimes online because there is no consequences and I don’t like that. Also I was just asking for help originally and didn’t expect to get all these unfriendly comments. I don’t care now. My journey with USCIS is over. Good luck to you. 

I'm glad things worked out for you!

Take care. :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/4/2023 at 1:52 PM, Tomalley said:

Hi, everyone. Just an update about my situation. I passed my combo interview and took my oath ceremony last week. So finally my USCIS journey is over. I know lots of you told me to wait patiently but I did push every way I can and somehow magic happened. I got my interview letter very soon after I pushed my senator office a couple times and finished my interview. Now I am an American citizen.  If you don’t care waiting, it is fine. But I rather to get it finished soon than later especially I have waited a long time. Good luck to everyone! 

Hello, fellow American and Congrats to you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.