Tomalley

How to complain about USCIS?

80 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Self delete

Edited by jackiegringa

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Hi, thank you. But again people in Orlando applied later than me got their interview and citizenship so this process time is not accurate.

I will try different approach to complain. Maybe it won’t really help but I want to let the system know that it is an unfair system and they should fix it. My husband and I decide to write to the director of USCIS. Maybe also ask an immigration lawyer friend for help.  The director of USCIS should know how unfair the system is and as a federal agency, it is not right. Especially we are paying thousands of dollars and this is simply not right. I also will contact my senators and congressmen again for help and I want to know why my cases are not moving especial people behind me already got their interviews and citizenship. 

It's your time and your money.  Good luck.  Unfollowing this thread.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

9 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Hi, thank you. But again people in Orlando applied later than me got their interview and citizenship so this process time is not accurate.

I will try different approach to complain. Maybe it won’t really help but I want to let the system know that it is an unfair system and they should fix it. My husband and I decide to write to the director of USCIS. Maybe also ask an immigration lawyer friend for help.  The director of USCIS should know how unfair the system is and as a federal agency, it is not right. Especially we are paying thousands of dollars and this is simply not right. I also will contact my senators and congressmen again for help and I want to know why my cases are not moving especial people behind me already got their interviews and citizenship. 

I understand your frustration however processing times are shown to be used as a guideline. "80% of cases are processed within" is the key phrase. Uscis doesn't always follow a first in /first out with cases and people that applied later than you might be approved before you. That's just how it is. You are still within the processing time, right?

If your case is unlucky and you get to be on of the 20% of cases that are over the stated processing times there's a better chance of you getting help by complaining to USCIS, your representative or ombudsman. Before you hit 15.5 months, as others have stated here, it's very unlikely that your case will move forward because of your complain although you are free to try. Good luck!

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Personally, I think my case is very simple and easy. when I had my green card interview, the officer told me it was an easy case and she didn’t even ask me any questions but only what is your name, DOB, etc. I don’t understand what you mean by background check? Since they already checked me many times before when I applied for K1 and I-485.

Obviously they check to see if any crimes or nefarious activity have occurred during the long interim from K-1/AOS.

3 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

It won’t take any money. All I need to do is to write an email and send to those people I mentioned. And we won’t pay our lawyer friend anyway. Also it is not just for me, it is to fix the system in the long run and could benefit people in the future. 

You writing an email will not fix anything.  If it makes you feel better though, do it.

Good luck with the rest of your process.

3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Obviously they check to see if any crimes or nefarious activity have occurred during the long interim from K-1/AOS.

But I didn’t do any crimes and what I don’t understand is why people behind me 2 months already got their citizenship couple months before me. Just doesn’t make sense. 

5 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

But I didn’t do any crimes and what I don’t understand is why people behind me 2 months already got their citizenship couple months before me. Just doesn’t make sense. 

You're being ridiculous.

My husband and I applied for citizenship within 15 minutes of each other, I had my interview in January and became a citizen the same day, he has only just got his interview for mid April - almost 3 months behind me. It is what it is, complaining won't get you anywhere!

Edited by Olly_

5 minutes ago, jackiegringa said:

I understand your frustration however processing times are shown to be used as a guideline. "80% of cases are processed within" is the key phrase. Uscis doesn't always follow a first in /first out with cases and people that applied later than you might be approved before you. That's just how it is. You are still within the processing time, right?

If your case is unlucky and you get to be on of the 20% of cases that are over the stated processing times there's a better chance of you getting help by complaining to USCIS, your representative or ombudsman. Before you hit 15.5 months, as others have stated here, it's very unlikely that your case will move forward because of your complain although you are free to try. Good luck!

I just got the extension letter for 48 month of ROC. I don’t know is it because I wrote to my senators or I called USCIS. Maybe something helped. In the notice, USCIS said that they are working on cases that were filed before my case, which indicated that they should work on the cases based on the time they received.

I am surprised to see many people here discouraging me honestly. Maybe you guys are lucky and got your citizenship very early, so nothing to complain. 

But it doesn’t matter, I will do what I can do for fight for myself. Even it didn’t work, at least I tried. I encourage other unlucky ones like me to do something too. Maybe the system will be fixed one day, who knows. 

Just now, Olly_ said:

You're being ridiculous.

My husband and I applied for citizenship within 15 minutes of each other, I had my interview in January and became a citizen the same day, he has only just got his interview for mid April - 2.5 months behind me. It is what it is, complaining won't get you anywhere!

I found your being very unfriendly and nasty. 

4 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Regarding the non-linear processing of cases, we can explain it to you, but we cannot understand it for you.

USCIS is bound by laws to investigate potential immigrant/citizens’ backgrounds, rather than taking “I didn’t do any crimes” at face value.   Go figure.

2 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Maybe the system will be fixed one day, who knows. 

The truth is immigration system in the US has big challenges. Many complained about its problems, including politicians and other influential individuals. Even POTUS cannot fix it easily.

Please let us know how it goes and good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Because your case landed in the hands of different officers. 
Im a teacher. This is exactly like me saying “I don’t understand why if these two students are in the same class, one of them got an A in their test and the other one got a B-“.

In my example, my students are USCIS officers.

My ROC is at LIN, like I said, sitting for 14 months. I know of one person, same center, filed 4 months later and got approved in 22 days. I doubt whether me complaining about my case and how unfair everything is will do anything.

7 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

I just got the extension letter for 48 month of ROC. I don’t know is it because I wrote to my senators or I called USCIS. Maybe something helped. In the notice, USCIS said that they are working on cases that were filed before my case, which indicated that they should work on the cases based on the time they received.

I am surprised to see many people here discouraging me honestly. Maybe you guys are lucky and got your citizenship very early, so nothing to complain. 

But it doesn’t matter, I will do what I can do for fight for myself. Even it didn’t work, at least I tried. I encourage other unlucky ones like me to do something too. Maybe the system will be fixed one day, who knows. 

Everyone is getting those letters sooner or later 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.