Marquise007

February 2023 AOS filers

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Yes that was my other suggestion which I forgot to add to previous post. The case IDs are sequential when filing concurrently, that's how all my cases were during AOS.

You can put that number, especially if the case status for it mentions I-131 when you check online.

I typed two numbers and one matched with the recipient date of I-485 and 765. Thank you so much for your advice and quick responses. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 3/19/2023 at 11:32 AM, confusedsoul said:

Hi! Got a courtesy notice too via email. Are you going to submit I-693 and proof of marital status? Actually, this is my second time to receive courtesy notice, first last November 2022 via mail and now via email. I did not respond to the first courtesy. Thanks

Hi! So sorry for the late reply. I'm not going to send anything in because our AOS is from K-1 so no need for 693. Also, I submitted pretty much all the marital status proof I could with the original application. I guess if I have anything significant and new (like a kid or something) I'll send it in but otherwise no. 

Timeline
On 3/21/2023 at 9:16 AM, Ako & Rich said:

I typed two numbers and one matched with the recipient date of I-485 and 765. Thank you so much for your advice and quick responses. 

i filed both AOS & EAD but i only got one receipt number in sms . so i tried this same technique to know the receipt number for i-485 but both the two numbers i typed in have the same received dates. the one before and after the EAD number i received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, IRP said:

i filed both AOS & EAD but i only got one receipt number in sms . so i tried this same technique to know the receipt number for i-485 but both the two numbers i typed in have the same received dates. the one before and after the EAD number i received 

I made a very silly mistake on I-131, which I applied for on February, and USCIS returned me some I-131 documents. I submitted corrected form again and got my case number this Monday. If your application/documents have some issues, USCIS will return you the application with instructions.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ako & Rich said:

I made a very silly mistake on I-131, which I applied for on February, and USCIS returned me some I-131 documents. I submitted corrected form again and got my case number this Monday. If your application/documents have some issues, USCIS will return you the application with instructions.

thanks. actually they sent me both receipt numbers.  i hadn’t noticed since the difference is one number 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How long did it take everyone to get the biometrics letter in the mail after receiving the 797C notices and access code? We got the notices on 3/27 and the access code on 3/29, but did not get a biometrics letter in the mail yet. Due to a job offer my husband was going to try to go in early, but wasn’t sure if it would be accepted if we just print the form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/3/2023 at 8:15 AM, PNWUnited said:

How long did it take everyone to get the biometrics letter in the mail after receiving the 797C notices and access code? We got the notices on 3/27 and the access code on 3/29, but did not get a biometrics letter in the mail yet. Due to a job offer my husband was going to try to go in early, but wasn’t sure if it would be accepted if we just print the form.

Actually nevermind! Here is our process so far:

AOS packet submitted 2/24

Notice in the mail with packet returned 3/17 (silly mistake on check, just needed to mail a new one)

New check and packet arrived at lockbox 3/19 (Sunday)

Text Notices 3/21

Check cashed 3/23

Notices in mail 3/27

Access code 3/29 (Appt scheduled for 4/12)

Biometrics appointment letter 4/4

Biometrics appt early walk-in 4/5 (Seattle, WA 7:30am without issues)

Case status currently at actively reviewed

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all. Update: got an RFIE for the I-693 even though we're adjusting from K-1 and I included the DS-3025 in the original packet. Don't know what to do now! Should I do the exam all over again or resubmit the DS-3025? 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 4/18/2023 at 4:40 PM, lidiahxo said:

Hi all. Update: got an RFIE for the I-693 even though we're adjusting from K-1 and I included the DS-3025 in the original packet. Don't know what to do now! Should I do the exam all over again or resubmit the DS-3025? 

Oh goodness... My husband is also adjusting from K-1 and we did not submit the I-693 (just assumed the DS-3025 in the medical packet would be sufficient...). Please let us know what you ended up doing!

Timeline
On 5/9/2023 at 9:24 AM, M&HH said:

Oh goodness... My husband is also adjusting from K-1 and we did not submit the I-693 (just assumed the DS-3025 in the medical packet would be sufficient...). Please let us know what you ended up doing!

We decided to do the medical exam. I don't think there's much I can do in terms of fighting the RFE, potentially losing green card isn't worth it. We got the courtesy email a while back but didn't consider submitting 693 until we got the actual RFE. He got a couple more vaccines that weren't on the DS-3025 (like varicella, tdap, 3rd hep) so maybe that's why the DS-3025 alone wasn't sufficient? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Hello!  I'm and AoS for April, but since there's not much activity on my month's forum yet, I thought I'd start here in case anyone else experienced what we did.  We received a notification receipt for our I-765, I-131 and I-485 but also received a strange RFE that requested documents we already submitted.  Has anyone else encountered this?  I'm attaching a redacted picture of our RFE for reference.  The document states:  

• You have submitted Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, from the petitioning sponsor. We are unable to process the I-864 because it has one or more deficiencies. In order for us to process your application further, you must:
  • Submit a completed and signed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, from the petitioning sponsor. All pages must be present and of the latest edition date.
  • Provide the petitioning sponsor's Social Security Number on Form I-864.
  • Provide a complete and correctly calculated household size for the petitioning sponsor on Form I-864.
  • Submit a complete copy of the petitioning sponsor's Federal income tax return, including all supporting tax documents (W-2s, 1099s, Form 2555, and tax schedules) filed with the return, for the most recent tax
    year.

I sent all pages, using the most recent edition from the USCIS website.  I looked at my exact copy and found my social security number where it was required.  I calculated our household size as 2 (1 for me, the petitioner, and 1 for my husband, the beneficiary).  I submitted the last 3 years of IRS tax transcripts, the accompanying W-2s, paystubs from the last 3 months and a letter from my employer.

Has anyone else encountered this or have a suggestion for how to proceed?  I was planning on resubmitting the whole I-864 form, just the last year's IRS transcript and maybe my most recent last 3 paystubs.

I'd be grateful for any advice!

Katie

IMG_7008.jpg

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We got an RFIE on 3/6, but EAD was approved! 

Has not updated on UCSIS website, but received the paper confirmation today. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Website updated yesterday to Card being produced! 

Our Timeline:

Timeline

EAD received in hand today! 

Our Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.