Marquise007

February 2023 AOS filers

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 3/1/2023 at 2:50 PM, India_Guy said:

AoS Applications, with EAD and Advance Parole, sent to Elgin Lockbox via FedEx. USCIS received them on February 13, 2023. No updates yet. Did anyone receive updates on recently filed AoS applications, especially from Elgin Lockbox?

Yup did Elgin. Filed twice (first one took about 2 weeks before my package was rejected for expired forms. For the Second filing I got text messages from USCIS after a day ) 

Sometimes it just takes a bit of time but if you are getting restless then there are a couple of things you can do…

1. If you sent a check, be sure it’s been cashed, if you used a credit card, be sure payment has gone through, if money order track if cashed  with the receipts. If payments have gone through then don’t worry, just wait for the NOAs.

2.Call USCIS and inquire about your case. Sometimes they don’t send the text messages. 
3. if the call center people say they can’t see your case, email the lockbox support at lockboxsupoort@uscis.dhs.gov include your name A number , email what forms you submitted and your mailing address. Inquire about your case there  ( they would typically respond in about a week)

good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/1/2023 at 11:50 AM, India_Guy said:

AoS Applications, with EAD and Advance Parole, sent to Elgin Lockbox via FedEx. USCIS received them on February 13, 2023. No updates yet. Did anyone receive updates on recently filed AoS applications, especially from Elgin Lockbox?

I sent my AOS applications to Chicago lockbox on the 1st of March. Today March 6th, I just received  sms from USCIS stating they received all three applications. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Had our biometrics today at 2pm. It's now 8pm PST and no EAD approval, I knew it would be like this but sucks either way. We aren't one of the lucky ones to get EAD approved right away :( hope the wait won't be too bad

Timeline

Woke up this morning 6am Cali time to three emails in the middle of the night and an approved EAD! Status shows card being produced. :D thank you God!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, lidiahxo said:

Woke up this morning 6am Cali time to three emails in the middle of the night and an approved EAD! Status shows card being produced. :D thank you God!!

Yaaaaayyy... Congrats to you 🎉. So, one month for EAD. Seems like USCIS is moving fast and I pray they continue. 

Timeline
On 3/16/2023 at 8:42 AM, St3phsm07 said:

Husband has received his EAD! 3/14

Now wondering does this mean his social security card is on the way, what is his next step in order for him to be able to work? 

When was your approval date? My husband was approved 3/9 for work permit but we have yet to see any status change from that day or a card in the mail. Getting a little worried here. 

If you checked in the application that you want a social security card, it should come from what I know. But if you checked no, it won't come and you'll have to apply at the SS office near you. That should be all he needs to work. :) 

Timeline

Also, my husband got an email yesterday from the field office nearest us. It was a courtesy email saying our case has already been transferred and to submit the 693 and substantial proof of marriage if we want. Hoping that's a good sign that things are moving with our green card case!

15 hours ago, lidiahxo said:

Also, my husband got an email yesterday from the field office nearest us. It was a courtesy email saying our case has already been transferred and to submit the 693 and substantial proof of marriage if we want. Hoping that's a good sign that things are moving with our green card case!

Hi! Got a courtesy notice too via email. Are you going to submit I-693 and proof of marital status? Actually, this is my second time to receive courtesy notice, first last November 2022 via mail and now via email. I did not respond to the first courtesy. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi! I need some advice. I'm worrying about my I-131 application.

I submitted I-485, 765 and 131 on February 24. I got Notice of Actions (texts and emails) for I-485 and I-765 on March 17th, but there is no Notice of Action for I-131. I thought usually these three notifications were sent at the same time by USCIS. 

What should I do?

3 minutes ago, Ako & Rich said:

Hi! I need some advice. I'm worrying about my I-131 application.

I submitted I-485, 765 and 131 on February 24. I got Notice of Actions (texts and emails) for I-485 and I-765 on March 17th, but there is no Notice of Action for I-131. I thought usually these three notifications were sent at the same time by USCIS. 

What should I do?

Yes, usually they're sent together.

Did you receive other notices by mail already?

If so, you can request the missing I-131 NOA here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init

If you haven't received notices, give it few days before submitting request for I-131.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Yes, usually they're sent together.

Did you receive other notices by mail already?

If so, you can request the missing I-131 NOA here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init

If you haven't received notices, give it few days before submitting request for I-131.

Thank you for a quick reply!

I've already got two letters (I-797C for I-485 and 765) from USCIS. I got two text messages and emails about I-485 and I-765 before these letters. But I didn't get a text message about I-131. So i don't have a receipt number of I-131.

8 minutes ago, Ako & Rich said:

Thank you for a quick reply!

I've already got two letters (I-797C for I-485 and 765) from USCIS. I got two text messages and emails about I-485 and I-765 before these letters. But I didn't get a text message about I-131. So i don't have a receipt number of I-131.

Have you tried putting all the other info omitting receipt number?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Have you tried putting all the other info omitting receipt number?

I could guess my I-131 receipt number from the other receipt numbers. These three receipt numbers seem to be consecutive numbers, so I checked Case Status online and I guessed my I-131 receipt number. Should I try e-Request even though I'm not 100% sure about the I-131 receipt number?

1 minute ago, Ako & Rich said:

I could guess my I-131 receipt number from the other receipt numbers. These three receipt numbers seem to be consecutive numbers, so I checked Case Status online and I guessed my I-131 receipt number. Should I try e-Request even though I'm not 100% sure about the I-131 receipt number?

Yes that was my other suggestion which I forgot to add to previous post. The case IDs are sequential when filing concurrently, that's how all my cases were during AOS.

You can put that number, especially if the case status for it mentions I-131 when you check online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.