Marquise007

February 2023 AOS filers

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
34 minutes ago, pietrus1 said:

Congrats! Was your case approved by the Chicago Field Office?

Thank you. The approval came from NBC.  I got an RFE to send marriage certificate on the 7th and that came from San Francisco field office. 

Edited by China girl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Today my Wife and Stepson received a new status in the Portal of "Case Approved", an approval notice was sent and to follow instructions in that notice. This was for i-485 which was mailed and received in February 2023 (only 5 months).     

A few days ago, we were notified there was activity on our cases and when I looked it merely show the case was being actively looked at but with a date of March. I didn't think much of it as there was not action to take, but then here we are a couple days later with an approval. 

Wondering what instructions the Approval Notification letter is likely to contain?  Also not clear where we truly are in the process.  I want to be excited that we have a "case approved" but isn't there still another in-person interview?  Then more waiting, then eventually a green card in total time around 20 months?  I mean, they wouldn't be getting this done in 6 months..right?

11 hours ago, EriLupGus said:

Today my Wife and Stepson received a new status in the Portal of "Case Approved", an approval notice was sent and to follow instructions in that notice. This was for i-485 which was mailed and received in February 2023 (only 5 months).     

A few days ago, we were notified there was activity on our cases and when I looked it merely show the case was being actively looked at but with a date of March. I didn't think much of it as there was not action to take, but then here we are a couple days later with an approval. 

Wondering what instructions the Approval Notification letter is likely to contain?  Also not clear where we truly are in the process.  I want to be excited that we have a "case approved" but isn't there still another in-person interview?  Then more waiting, then eventually a green card in total time around 20 months?  I mean, they wouldn't be getting this done in 6 months..right?

All I can say is congrats! The USCIS most likely waived your interview and you should get your green cards in the mail pretty soon. Plenty of people on this forum adjusting from K visas had their interviews waived, and some of them were approved in as little as 2 months, so 5 months isn't unheard of. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

My husband got an email around 4am this morning saying there has been an action taken on the case, but when we log in there's nothing new (yes, I check the docs tab). The only "new" thing would be that the date for our rfe response received changed from Aug 6 (when we actually submitted online) to yesterday afternoon, Aug 17. So I called USCIS and spoke to someone and she said the action taken on our case is the card being sent to production!!! I'm so hesitant to celebrate but why else would she say that if it wasn't true?! I hope online updates soon. Status still shows no changes as of now.

Timeline

On 8/18/2023 at 12:21 PM, lidiahxo said:

My husband got an email around 4am this morning saying there has been an action taken on the case, but when we log in there's nothing new (yes, I check the docs tab). The only "new" thing would be that the date for our rfe response received changed from Aug 6 (when we actually submitted online) to yesterday afternoon, Aug 17. So I called USCIS and spoke to someone and she said the action taken on our case is the card being sent to production!!! I'm so hesitant to celebrate but why else would she say that if it wasn't true?! I hope online updates soon. Status still shows no changes as of now.

Update: By 2:30pm yesterday his case status was approved!!!!!!! I can't believe it. No interview, 2 RFEs (1 for medical, 1 for marriage certificate/USC spouse birth certificate, even tho I sent both of them in with the original application) I'm so so happy! Hoping the card comes in the mail quick so we can take a 2 year long break from USCIS

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/19/2023 at 9:50 PM, lidiahxo said:

Update: By 2:30pm yesterday his case status was approved!!!!!!! I can't believe it. No interview, 2 RFEs (1 for medical, 1 for marriage certificate/USC spouse birth certificate, even tho I sent both of them in with the original application) I'm so so happy! Hoping the card comes in the mail quick so we can take a 2 year long break from USCIS

Update: we had gotten a second approval notice dated Aug 30 which was confusing me, but I guess that triggered things because we finally got our card about a week and a half later on Sept 9. Now to take a much needed long break from USCIS! I wish you all the best of luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.