KSVJ

December 2022 - AOS Filers

202 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 3/24/2023 at 8:54 AM, Artuicune said:

Congrats on the fast processing!
How is it marked if the case is forwarded to a field office? I cannot find anything in myUSCIS indicating it has been forwarded, so is it correct to assume it is still in NBC then?

Don't assume that. You can ask emma I think. But nothing in our portal changed, however the field office sent us a courtesy email letting us know our case is with them and to send in more proofs if we want. From what I know an email from the field office does not happen every time, so if you are lucky the field office will email, otherwise try emma. Our case number starts with IOE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 3/30/2023 at 8:37 AM, Shay2022 said:

My EAD got approved this morning. 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾My PD is Dec. 19,2022 

043CF383-550B-40CA-AC36-3C8643C9572D.jpeg

Regular processing, or did you file for expedited processing? Congrats!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband’s approval just came in! Waiting for the letter to come in the mail. Does anyone have any info on how long it takes to get the actual card after approval?

3 hours ago, KSVJ said:

My husband’s approval just came in! Waiting for the letter to come in the mail. Does anyone have any info on how long it takes to get the actual card after approval?

I was approved on a Monday and had the card in hand by the Friday. Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, Nylar said:

I was approved on a Monday and had the card in hand by the Friday. Congrats!

Awesome, thank you! And congratulations to you too! Looking forward to living a normal life for a couple of years before I have to think about USCIS again haha.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Screaming crying throwing up - our AOS got approved today! I had pretty much stopped checking, and was getting pretty disheartened because people who had applied after us were being approved. I was at least hoping our EAD would come quickly but we just didn't seem like one of the lucky couples. Just decided to absent mindedly check while on the phone to my parents and nearly gave them a heart attack from my screaming!!! Our timeline was: 

Arrived: Oct 25 2022

Married: Nov 25 2022 

Package sent: Dec 22, 2022 

NOA1: Dec 28, 2022 

RFIE: Jan 21, 2023 - so frustrating. Even though we sent the package in before the new form came in, USCIS wanted the new form anyway 

Biometrics: Jan 25, 2023

RFIE received: Jan 31, 2023 

AOS approved: May 13, 2023 

I arrived on a K1 and so had done my medical in July 2022. However our lawyer recommended to redo the medical and send it with the package so we did, since they said otherwise we could get a deficiency notice. 

Can't wait to have a break from USCIS again haha, at least for a little while! 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Card was delivered this morning :D  our USCIS account never updated to show 'card being mailed' or anything like that so I was in a bit of panic. We got approved 05/13/23 and card in hand 05/20/23. Very very relieved. I suppose now I just keep collecting information of us being married for ROC? 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Update on my case: I got not one, but two separate RFEs on May 30. 

One is for proof of shared marital life - bank statements, bills, affidavits, etc. This was mailed to me and also visible online on myUSCIS.

The other one, received via mail only, is for a copy of my US Citizen spouse's birth certificate - which we did include in the original application 😕. I am confused as to why this one was not visible on myUSCIS, and why they wouldn't just combine them all into one RFE.

I'm not sure if I should upload the evidence online or mail them, since there's two I want to avoid confusion and make sure they get both. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 6/4/2023 at 3:23 PM, mashtates said:

Update on my case: I got not one, but two separate RFEs on May 30. 

One is for proof of shared marital life - bank statements, bills, affidavits, etc. This was mailed to me and also visible online on myUSCIS.

The other one, received via mail only, is for a copy of my US Citizen spouse's birth certificate - which we did include in the original application 😕. I am confused as to why this one was not visible on myUSCIS, and why they wouldn't just combine them all into one RFE.

I'm not sure if I should upload the evidence online or mail them, since there's two I want to avoid confusion and make sure they get both. 

Maybe so as to avoid confusion just mail all evidences at once with both rfe letters on top. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

We've just received a letter with a notice of action that my Wife's EAD and AP were approved. There still is no update on the case tracker at all.

The interesting part is that I was in contact with our congressman last month and he submitted a request for expedite. It was a really weak case and didnt expect anything at all, I just hoped the nudge would get things moving. They responded on the 31st of May with a message saying that the expedite request was received and it can take 2 weeks to approve or deny the request. The NOA is dated May 31st, so it's pretty clear that the "nudge" from my local office worked, we havent even received a response to the expedite request yet.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Need advice with driver's license!

Has anyone else struggled with getting/ renewing their driver's license here?

The background info is: December 2022 I moved to Maryland on k1. Got my Maryland driver's license on AOS in April 2023, BUT it has the expiration of 4 months from the day I get it.

Fast forward 3 months later which is today, I went to renew my license. They told me I need to have my green card to renew it otherwise, even if I renewed it today, it will still expire in a month.

They told me there's nothing they can do about it because the expiration date is what the homeland security gives to the motor vehicle administration.

Has anyone had this issue when trying to renew their driver's license? If so, what did you do to resolve it?? Any help is much appreciated!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.