KSVJ

December 2022 - AOS Filers

202 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My cases are moving extremely slow. I’m so tired of waiting. My PD is December 16,2022 and my daughter is the same. I still haven’t received RFE for medical yet. My patience is running out and I’m getting so depressed. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/4/2023 at 3:23 PM, mashtates said:

Update on my case: I got not one, but two separate RFEs on May 30. 

One is for proof of shared marital life - bank statements, bills, affidavits, etc. This was mailed to me and also visible online on myUSCIS.

The other one, received via mail only, is for a copy of my US Citizen spouse's birth certificate - which we did include in the original application 😕. I am confused as to why this one was not visible on myUSCIS, and why they wouldn't just combine them all into one RFE.

I'm not sure if I should upload the evidence online or mail them, since there's two I want to avoid confusion and make sure they get both. 

I just wanted to provide an update: yesterday my I-485 was approved!!

Regarding the two separate RFEs I received, I ended up mailing the responses in separately as this is what a MyUSCIS chat agent advised to do.

Timeline:

Dec 3 - Filed AOS package to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS
Dec 5 - USPS tracking shows "delivered"
Dec 9 - Received three receipt texts from USCIS
Dec 10 - Check cashed, also case status showed that my biometrics were scheduled 
Dec 12 - the three hard copy NOAs arrived in the mail
Dec 15 -online access code arrived in mail
Dec 16 - biometrics letter arrived in mail
Dec 28 - biometrics appointment, then after appointment i-485 and i-765 case statuses update to "being actively reviewed"
Dec 29 - i-765 case status updates to "card is being produced"
Jan 6 - got EAD card in the mail
May 30 - Received RFE(s)
July 5 - Mailed in RFE responses (USPS)
July 12 -  RFE responses received by USCIS
October 3 - I-485 Approved

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

Interesting, our RFE was received early July also and still waiting. 

Whats the status of the rest of the December filers? Are most of you still waiting or approved at this point?

We got approved on February. My theory is that now it greatly varies depending on your state and local office, and not so much in the month you’ve sent your case. As RFEs sometimes are handled by local offices directly. It could be more useful to filter the cases that are in the same CIS (local office) than you to see how other cases are moving. 

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

We're finally finished. After pestering my congressmen we suddenly had our case approved and card delivered within 2 weeks. Each step of the way we were experiencing long wait times and as soon as I pinged my congressmen, we would suddenly get progress. Green card was approved we had a RFE in June/July and then nothing until now, no interview, no additional medical.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.