KSVJ

December 2022 - AOS Filers

202 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Emerick said:

Yes, we check it daily and the mailbox

Ok then let's do the following to understand if they might be sending you an RFE or they're just delayed. You should go to your USCIS Online account, scroll until you see your I-485 case, go to the "documents" tab, and check if you have the following documents in your file (they might be in the same file or separated as there's no order in how they scan your case):

1. Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

2. Copy of birth certificate of your sponsor (who signed your affidavit of support)

3. Form I-485  (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status)

4. Copy of I-797 Notice of Action (Approval Notice) for the I-129F petition

5. Copy of your marriage certificate

6. Copy of your birth certificate

7. Translation from your native language to English of birth certificate (if needed)

8. Copy of your passport biographic page

9. Copy of your passport K1 VISA page and admission stamp

10. Copy of your I-94 admission record for travel in the U.S.

11. Copy of your Form DS-3025 (Vaccination Documentation Worksheet)

12. Your proof of bona fide relationship and proof of address

13. Tax documents

If you do have these and your medicals/tax documents are well completed then is very rare that they'll send you an RFE and I would definitely contact them asking why your biometrics are not scheduled yet. I would recommend to try via Emma in the afternoon, but any way works.

Hope this helps ☀️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well I am so cranky, we got an RFIE due to the form being expired even though we sent it very much before the new form came in and made sure the post office time stamped the date we were sending it. Our lawyer sent us the tracking details so we know they definitely sent it in on time. On the USCIS page it says that forms received before the expiry date will be accepted, so our lawyer was like 'its a good thing they didn't reject the form but annoying they still sent the RFIE'. Anyhow, the new form has been sent off. 

I had biometrics 2 days ago and was hoping for a quick EAD like a lot of people have had but it looks like that may not happen since my case is basically on hold until they receive the new form. UGH

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Timeline
1 minute ago, zedag said:

Has anyone received their travel permit? We got the EAD but not the travel permit and that one isn't even "in review" like the main packet.

And another question - is there a place to check stats for how long these are taking now? 

I only received my EAD but my AOS is already in the field office, I received an RFE to send the medical exams from there so I assume they are not sending the APs because they’re approving the new greencards faster. That’s my assumption.

I’ve only seen combo cards or AP+EADs approved for those that have been waiting longer than 6 months in the latest stats. If you have an emergency you can always ask for an expedite though! 

11 hours ago, M&L🇺🇸 said:

I only received my EAD but my AOS is already in the field office, I received an RFE to send the medical exams from there so I assume they are not sending the APs because they’re approving the new greencards faster. That’s my assumption.

I’ve only seen combo cards or AP+EADs approved for those that have been waiting longer than 6 months in the latest stats. If you have an emergency you can always ask for an expedite though! 

Would wanting a honeymoon abroad constitute an emergency? I mean...my mental health is in a state of emergency lol

alright I'll check what's going on. how do you know that it's at the field office? is it just because they sent the RFE or does it say it somewhere?

Timeline
4 hours ago, zedag said:

Would wanting a honeymoon abroad constitute an emergency? I mean...my mental health is in a state of emergency lol

alright I'll check what's going on. how do you know that it's at the field office? is it just because they sent the RFE or does it say it somewhere?

Haha I don't think it does! But I feel you, this whole immigration process is such a detriment for everyone's well-being in so many levels.

My RFE was sent from my local office and requested me to send the response to there, hence my AOS is being handled by them already. It only passed 17 days between the RFE and my biometrics, so 17 days to have my case transferred to my local office. I am sure this is going to be the case for everyone that filled their case correctly during December, so keep us updated about yours!!!

Timeline

My RFE arrived today to my local office in Los Angeles, does anyone know how long it takes to change to RFE Was Received or something similar?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No RFEs or any movement on any of my forms in my packet so far. Really want my husband to be able to get a dang job 😂

Timeline
6 minutes ago, KSVJ said:

No RFEs or any movement on any of my forms in my packet so far. Really want my husband to be able to get a dang job 😂

If he has a job offer already he could submit an expedite request! Is that a possibility? He just needs a formal hiring proposal letter. I hope they keep the numbers up 

On 2/1/2023 at 12:19 PM, M&L🇺🇸 said:

My RFE arrived today to my local office in Los Angeles, does anyone know how long it takes to change to RFE Was Received or something similar?

How do you know it arrived there? Was it originally sent from the LA office?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, sourumeboshi said:

How do you know it arrived there? Was it originally sent from the LA office?

The RFE was sent from the LA office and requested me to reply to it sending the package to the LA office. So they already have my case at my local office 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My RFE response was received today Feb 13th according to USCIS, USPS dropped the package on Feb 1st. Hopefully I'll have news soon 🥲

Timeline
On 2/13/2023 at 10:25 AM, M&L🇺🇸 said:

My RFE response was received today Feb 13th according to USCIS, USPS dropped the package on Feb 1st. Hopefully I'll have news soon 🥲

My AOS got approved today! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 A day after my RFE was marked as received 😭 I'm so happy!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 minutes ago, M&L🇺🇸 said:

My AOS got approved today! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 A day after my RFE was marked as received 😭 I'm so happy!!!!

Omg that’s amazing. Perfect Valentine’s Day present. Congratulations. I’m guessing you didn’t do an interview. You’re the 1st of the group. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Shay2022 said:

Omg that’s amazing. Perfect Valentine’s Day present. Congratulations. I’m guessing you didn’t do an interview. You’re the 1st of the group. 

Thank you!!! Correct, my interview was skipped. They sent me an RFE for my medical exam and they approved my AOS right after they received my response. Crossing my fingers for everyone else waiting from the group!! Seems things are moving way more faster now 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.