KSVJ

December 2022 - AOS Filers

202 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
On 2/24/2023 at 2:16 PM, Shay2022 said:

Well at least you got your EAD. I have absolutely no update since biometrics. No EAD, nothing. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Same here, biometrics 49 days ago. Changed immediately to actively being reviewed after the appt. I don’t think they know what actively means.

I wonder what is the worst case scenario with how long they might take to approve EAD. Had my bio appt feb 5 and so far nothing, My mom had her appt in jan 5 and also nothing. I don't have a lot of experience with immigration, so i have no idea how long it can take, some people got it the next day while others wait 3 6 8 months  or longer. How long do you guys think we will have to wait for that sweet work permit?

My husband got an email today saying his case had passed pre-processing and was being sent to the field office. It said to send any documents that might help prove bonafide marriage as well as the I-693 if required. The i-693 part was highlighted but as a k1 AOS they should still have his right? Everything I’ve read said it’s still good if we apply within a year of having it done. He didn’t receive a personal copy and they took his envelope at the airport. Should I be concerned or am I just being paranoid? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
2 hours ago, adt22 said:

My husband got an email today saying his case had passed pre-processing and was being sent to the field office. It said to send any documents that might help prove bonafide marriage as well as the I-693 if required. The i-693 part was highlighted but as a k1 AOS they should still have his right? Everything I’ve read said it’s still good if we apply within a year of having it done. He didn’t receive a personal copy and they took his envelope at the airport. Should I be concerned or am I just being paranoid? 

It's only "IF REQUIRED" so yes, you might be overthinking it lol. Better to be safe than sorry tho so good ask. The only thing required is the DS-3025 for K-1. You shouldn't do 693 unless they ask.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

UPDATE - never mind its the NBC office HAHAH kill me. Won't let me delete the post welp

Hey guys, does anyone who has received an RFE/RFIE know anything about which office it has to be returned to? I was reading on some other posts that sometimes it gets sent from a different field office and that means it has already been sent from NBC to a field office. Our RFIE has Missouri addresses on it. Does that mean it has been sent to a field office? Ours would be Nashville I would think. Our RFIE has been received by USCIS and status has changed to 'Response received' but it was our lawyer who sent it back. 

Biometrics was 01/25/23

Edited by AishaniA93

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/28/2023 at 8:40 PM, joaovily said:

I wonder what is the worst case scenario with how long they might take to approve EAD. Had my bio appt feb 5 and so far nothing, My mom had her appt in jan 5 and also nothing. I don't have a lot of experience with immigration, so i have no idea how long it can take, some people got it the next day while others wait 3 6 8 months  or longer. How long do you guys think we will have to wait for that sweet work permit?

When I applied in 2019 it took 3 months to receive EAD after bio. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 2/28/2023 at 8:40 PM, joaovily said:

There's a lot of people that lately get their greencards approved before their EAD. Depending on your location you might receive your GC directly instead of the AP and the EAD. Just let 2 or 3 months to pass.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

So update! My husband EAD was approved on the 9th and we received it in the mail on the 10th. Unfortunately his middle name was wrong on it so we had to send it back and have been waiting for them to send it back. When this morning his I-485 was approved 🤩🎉 so we are hoping they just send that 😂😂😂 with correct name of course. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, Emerick said:

So update! My husband EAD was approved on the 9th and we received it in the mail on the 10th. Unfortunately his middle name was wrong on it so we had to send it back and have been waiting for them to send it back. When this morning his I-485 was approved 🤩🎉 so we are hoping they just send that 😂😂😂 with correct name of course. 

Yayyy!!!! That’s awesome!!!! Congratulations guys 🥰 How long it took since submission? Which is your local office? Time to celebrate now 🥂

Timeline

This is so crazy that I had to share regarding our AOS timeline...but this also proves that there is no rhyme or reason as to order of how things get processed by USCIS.

- We mailed our AOS packet to Carol Stream Illinois on January 17th, 2023

- Marked by USCIS as received on January 25th, 2023

- Biometrics taken on February 21, 2023

- No interview was ever done

- Case went to approved status on March 17th, 2023

It took two months exactly from date mailed to AOS approval.  We live in Nebraska and it is marriage based AOS from K1.  Our case went straight to National Benefits Center and was never forwarded to local field office.

Good luck to everyone!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 3/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, M&L🇺🇸 said:

Yayyy!!!! That’s awesome!!!! Congratulations guys 🥰 How long it took since submission? Which is your local office? Time to celebrate now 🥂

We submitted on December 19th so about 3months to the date. I don’t think it ever went to our local office in Florida 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 3/22/2023 at 4:42 PM, Eric10112021 said:

It took two months exactly from date mailed to AOS approval.  We live in Nebraska and it is marriage based AOS from K1.  Our case went straight to National Benefits Center and was never forwarded to local field office.

Congrats on the fast processing!
How is it marked if the case is forwarded to a field office? I cannot find anything in myUSCIS indicating it has been forwarded, so is it correct to assume it is still in NBC then?

Timeline
On 3/24/2023 at 10:54 AM, Artuicune said:

Congrats on the fast processing!
How is it marked if the case is forwarded to a field office? I cannot find anything in myUSCIS indicating it has been forwarded, so is it correct to assume it is still in NBC then?

Thanks!

I think if the beginning three alpha characters of your number are "MSC" that means it went to the National Benefits Center.  I would think you would see a status update of being forwarded to local field office if that's the action that was taken on your case...but I'm not any sort of expert.

Also, update, we got our I-797 notice of approval in the mail on Friday 3/23.  So it legitimately took almost exactly 2 months from our submission to receiving approval letter in the mail.  Unreal turnaround time in a good way for once!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Eric10112021 said:

Thanks!

I think if the beginning three alpha characters of your number are "MSC" that means it went to the National Benefits Center.  I would think you would see a status update of being forwarded to local field office if that's the action that was taken on your case...but I'm not any sort of expert.

Also, update, we got our I-797 notice of approval in the mail on Friday 3/23.  So it legitimately took almost exactly 2 months from our submission to receiving approval letter in the mail.  Unreal turnaround time in a good way for once!

What about if the first three characters are IOE?

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.