208 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Do you live overseas or in the US? I believe they dropped this requirement long time ago and don’t ask to upload any passport photos online. Everything they need biometrics-wise(including photos) they will either invite you for an appt again or reuse your biometrics from previous petitions you may have filed, like I-751 for instance. 

33 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

Do you live overseas or in the US? I believe they dropped this requirement long time ago and don’t ask to upload any passport photos online. Everything they need biometrics-wise(including photos) they will either invite you for an appt again or reuse your biometrics from previous petitions you may have filed, like I-751 for instance. 

Thank you for the clarification. I do live in the US. With your reply, you've made everything very lucid and understandable 

Edited by Kori-Kosun

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/11/2022 at 10:14 AM, Elena & Craig said:

What’s your local field, curious?

Joining this thread as I already prepared my N-400 online and waiting for mid-month to submit it. 

Chicago!

I got an email about an action taken on my case this morning, but I don't see anything different when I sign into my account. 🤷‍♀️

Filed today after 5 years as a LPR

Local field office is Newark, NJ

Already received a biometrics reuse notice, estimated completion currently 10 months.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone!

After a few years far from all USCIS processes, I am back at it with my N-400. I have been eligible since 2018 but just finally decided to apply for it. 

I applied online on October 14th at night and got the online NOA on the 15th. They also stated that they could reuse my previous biometrics on the 15th :)

K1: AOS / EAD / AP:
04/25/2014: Package sent. 03/02/2015: Package sent
04/28/2014: Package received by USCIS. 03/05/2015: Package received by USCIS
04/30/2014: NOA1 (TSC) . 03/10/2015: NOA1
08/08/2014: case transfered to CSC 04/03/2015: Biometrics letter received
05/09/2014: NOA2 04/15/2015: Biometrics appointment
09/23/2014: NVC Case number created 06/01/2015: Notice of RFE online for EAD and AP
09/29/2014: Case received by embassy
06/30/2015: RFE response sent
10/18/2014: Package 3 received . 07/08/2015: EAD/AP Approved!
10/27/2014: Package 4 received 08/28/2015: AOS Approved!
12/01/2014: Medical
12/02/2014: interview => APPROVED!
12/11/2014: Visa in hands
12/17/2014: POE Chicago
01/13/2015: Civil Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Alrighty, time for the waiting game again... :)

Filed N-400 October 17, got notice same day of biometrics reuse and status changed to "under active review". Account showing 10 months processing time like most everyone else, so we'll see...

Filed 10/1. NOA Same day. 8 months estimated. Biometric notice sent on 10/7. For 10/27 schedule. 

Portland, OR

RoC Timeline:

1. 12/01/2023 - Application sent to Tempe, AZ lockbox
  2. 12/06/2023 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 12/12/2023 - Check cashed by USCIS
  4. 12/22/2023 - I-797C notice recieved giving access to 48 months extension letter online.

Timeline
On 10/12/2022 at 1:53 PM, andymack said:

Chicago!

I got an email about an action taken on my case this morning, but I don't see anything different when I sign into my account. 🤷‍♀️

I had the same - don’t pay attention. I surmise it was a delayed e-mail notification. We get one right after we file as a NOA(case received) and the second “We’ve taken an action on your case. Sign In to see…“ was for Biometrics Reuse. That’s my best bet. 

On 10/18/2022 at 11:46 AM, NorthByNorthwest said:

Alrighty, time for the waiting game again... :)

Filed N-400 October 17, got notice same day of biometrics reuse and status changed to "under active review". Account showing 10 months processing time like most everyone else, so we'll see...

Date twinkies here 🙌🏻 All the data just like yours from Oct 17. What will be your local field office for the interview? @NorthByNorthwest

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

Date twinkies here 🙌🏻 All the data just like yours from Oct 17. What will be your local field office for the interview? @NorthByNorthwest

I assume it will be in the Seattle office, though from recent reports a lot of the interviews there are actually done by videoconferencing these days with the adjudicating officer somewhere else.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just submitted my N-400 tonight 10/24/2022 but I got a Receipt Notice saying they got my application on October 25…  I got another notification for biometrics reuse. I still do not know my service center. I live in Delaware  and my notice didn’t mention the expected processing time. Does anyone know how to find it?. Thank you all and wishing everyone a smooth process. 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Mira T said:

I just submitted my N-400 tonight 10/24/2022 but I got a Receipt Notice saying they got my application on October 25…  I got another notification for biometrics reuse. I still do not know my service center. I live in Delaware  and my notice didn’t mention the expected processing time. Does anyone know how to find it?. Thank you all and wishing everyone a smooth process. 

I may be wrong but I believe all naturalizations are being processed at NBC(National Benefits Center). Also you can surely find that info on your notice of action - either top or bottom part.  And your local field office(where the interview is supposed to be held) is easy to identify by typing your zip code on your USCIS website. The expected processing time is really irrelevant and often jumps back and forth. However if you’re still curious you should be able to see that info as soon as you login into MyUscis account 🙌🏻

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Elena & Craig said:

I may be wrong but I believe all naturalizations are being processed at NBC(National Benefits Center). Also you can surely find that info on your notice of action - either top or bottom part.  And your local field office(where the interview is supposed to be held) is easy to identify by typing your zip code on your USCIS website. The expected processing time is really irrelevant and often jumps back and forth. However if you’re still curious you should be able to see that info as soon as you login into MyUscis account 🙌🏻

Thank you so much. Yes, I just saw that it’s being processed at the NBC. My Green card interview was in Philadelphia so I believe that would be my local field office. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mira T said:

I just submitted my N-400 tonight 10/24/2022 but I got a Receipt Notice saying they got my application on October 25…

what is your time zone and what time did you submit your N-400?

1 hour ago, Mira T said:

I got another notification for biometrics reuse 

Awesome. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mira T said:

The estimated processing time was available on the case status page in myUSCIS, but it looks like they have removed it at the moment, I don't see it anymore either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.