208 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
16 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

Congrats. That is amazing.  Did you file under 3 years or 5?  Was it concurrent with an I-751?  Thanks. 

Thanks!

The 3 year rule, no my I-751 was approved about four years ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, alibabb said:

Can't believe this, so happy right now!

Filed online October 10th

Logged in today Nov 1 and saw that an interview has been scheduled for early December. Boise office.

The estimated time until case decision still says 9 months, but it has been less than a month and I already have an interview date!

Congrats! Don;t look at the estimated time, its not useful anyways. My brother had an estimated time of 7 months on his oath day if that helps you.  

Focus on interview prep - Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/1/2022 at 4:10 PM, alibabb said:

Logged in today Nov 1 and saw that an interview has been scheduled for early December. Boise office.

The estimated time until case decision still says 9 months, but it has been less than a month and I already have an interview date!

Holy smokes that's amazing! Congratulations!

On 11/1/2022 at 5:38 AM, Nkrish83 said:

You will get a biometric reuse notice within a couple of hours. It would be under the documents tab if you filed online. 

I have to check under documents tab then. If they reuse them will the processing be quicker?

On 11/1/2022 at 11:10 AM, alibabb said:

Thats insanely quick. Happy for you.

Timeline
10 hours ago, highvoltage said:

I have to check under documents tab then. If they reuse them will the processing be quicker?

Not necessarily. Just that it saves you a trip to the ASC for that step. There is no logic to how cases are processed. Some variables at play are how fast your background checks complete and what algorithm your field office uses to schedule applicants. Irrespective of whatever they say around processing in the order in which its received, i dont think thats the case.  I'm sure they are trying to process applications in a specific order to keep their metrics clean. Hence you see some folks getting interviews in record time vs some lagging for months or years. 

On 11/1/2022 at 11:45 AM, Alexmia said:

Applied for my wife out of the San Antonio FO

Application date: October 31st

Actively reviewing application: October 31st

Reusing biomentrics: October 31st

Estimated time went from 17 months to 9 months in one day. I'm hoping it will be done faster than that! 

We're at the San Antonio FO as well, and applied on the 30th with a pending I-751. Got an email that the I-751 got transferred to a new jurisdiction. Hopefully it's going to be a smooth and faster process. 

11 hours ago, Nkrish83 said:

Not necessarily. Just that it saves you a trip to the ASC for that step. There is no logic to how cases are processed. Some variables at play are how fast your background checks complete and what algorithm your field office uses to schedule applicants. Irrespective of whatever they say around processing in the order in which its received, i dont think thats the case.  I'm sure they are trying to process applications in a specific order to keep their metrics clean. Hence you see some folks getting interviews in record time vs some lagging for months or years. 

Understood, I did see that there is notice of biometrics reuse. I guess we have to goto ASC. Background checks would be USCIS and FBI check right? Most of the processing is done at NBC right, post which its transferred to the field office right?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Understood, I did see that there is notice of biometrics reuse. I guess we have to goto ASC. Background checks would be USCIS and FBI check right? Most of the processing is done at NBC right, post which its transferred to the field office right?

You meant not having to go to ASC? Since you already have a biometric use you wont. Multiple background checks (name check, prior immigation checks all of that) typically happen at NBC and once its ready for processing gets pushed to your FO for interview scheduling and ISO review with interview and final adjudication

6 hours ago, Nkrish83 said:

You meant not having to go to ASC? Since you already have a biometric use you wont. Multiple background checks (name check, prior immigation checks all of that) typically happen at NBC and once its ready for processing gets pushed to your FO for interview scheduling and ISO review with interview and final adjudication

My apologies, inaccuracy in what I posted. I did not see the notice for biometrics reuse. So I will have to goto ASC for biometrics.

Folks has anyone seen like this, where we have submitted the application about 15 days ago and there is no update regarding biometrics or biometrics being reused. We have filed online N400. This is for South Carolina Charleston.

Timeline
1 hour ago, highvoltage said:

Folks has anyone seen like this, where we have submitted the application about 15 days ago and there is no update regarding biometrics or biometrics being reused. We have filed online N400. This is for South Carolina Charleston.

It may take upto a month for Biometrics to be scheduled if it was not reused. you are still within the window. If you dont see anything 30 days after filing, you may want to talk to USCIS hotline to find out what's going on

On 11/10/2022 at 4:49 PM, Nkrish83 said:

It may take upto a month for Biometrics to be scheduled if it was not reused. you are still within the window. If you dont see anything 30 days after filing, you may want to talk to USCIS hotline to find out what's going on

Hi, I was checking the case tracker, i found something unique. Anybody else has this tracking number starting with this series IOE906430XXXX.

I didnt find a single N400 application or any other application from 2022. Are these numbers being reused?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Hi, I was checking the case tracker, i found something unique. Anybody else has this tracking number starting with this series IOE906430XXXX.

I didnt find a single N400 application or any other application from 2022. Are these numbers being reused?

Yes, I have same case number 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.