208 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Good morning folks - Time for an update on my wife's N400 case: 

Field office: Dallas (Irving office). 

Interview time: 7:50AM - checked in at 7:30. 

Questions asked (Civics test):

- Who does the senator represent

- Who is the commander in chief of the military

- The federalist papers supported the passage of the US Constitution. Name one of the writers

- Name 1 right from the 1st amendment

- Which are the 2 political parties in US

- Name the first US president.

Reading: Who can vote?

Writing: Citizens can vote. 

Officer asked her sections from N400 (Part 12, 45-50). Asked her about family, address, work, children etc. Asked her to confirm information is accurate and capture the signatures. She was given an option to do same day oath in the afternoon and she took it. 

Timeline:

1981045407_PRTimeline.thumb.png.e5b2cee22fd132de530e492acddcc85e.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/11/2023 at 10:40 AM, BByet said:

I hope I hear from them soon. Filed online- oct 27 biometrics and notice- oct 27. Filed based on three year marriage. I-751 pending filed Oct 6 2021

Hey guys I got my interview notice yesterday. My interview is on the 28th of February. Chicago filer here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi guys! I have also received my interview notice: Feb 15th, at the San Francisco, CA office. 

I received no email, but I have been checking constantly seeing that people on this thread didn't get it either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, BryceAndRebeca said:

Hi guys! I have also received my interview notice: Feb 15th, at the San Francisco, CA office. 

I received no email, but I have been checking constantly seeing that people on this thread didn't get it either.

Omg! This gives me hope. SF local field office filer here too. When did you file your N-400, curious? Thx 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

Omg! This gives me hope. SF local field office filer here too. When did you file your N-400, curious? Thx 

I filed 10/09. Keep checking, it seems that they are making good progress!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, BryceAndRebeca said:

I filed 10/09. Keep checking, it seems that they are making good progress!

Indeed. Wouldn’t mind to get an interview in Feb as well. I filed on Oct 17. So far you are the first person from SF office 🫶🏻

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

My husband had his interview last Thursday 1/5/2023 in Milwaukee and passed.  Was hoping for a same day Oath, but they said he'd get a letter in the mail in the next two weeks scheduling the Oath Ceremony.

Saw on Wed 1/11, in his USCIS account that we will be getting that letter soon - it's scheduled for 2/9/23.  Hoping to go on a trip at the end of February so already scheduled a same day passport appointment to get a passport as they take your Permanent Resident Card at the Oath I've read.  Hoping with expedited it comes faster than the 3-5 weeks - as we want to leave before the end of February!  Fingers Crossed!  At least we got it all scheduled - I've read some have had longer waits at every step - even after the passed Interview - so thankful for that.

K-1 Visa / I-129F

January 11, 2010 - I mailed K-1 Visa I-129F Petition Overnight Express Mail

February 25, 2010 - Notice date of NOA2 (read the e-mail notice on his birthday 2/26/2010)

May 12, 2010 - Interview - Approved!!!

May 25, 2010 - received Visa back in time to make May 26th Flight :)

June 9, 2010 - Married!!!

AOS:

November 1, 2010 - Sent AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation

November 03, 2010 - Delivered 9:57 am, CHICAGO, IL 60603

November 10, 2010 - Received 3 e-mail & text message NOA1s from USCIS

November 12, 2010 - Received 3 NOA1s hardcopy in mail

November 19, 2010 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in mail

December 3, 2010 - AOS - I-485 transferred to CSC

December 13, 2010 - Biometrics Appointment - Milwaukee, WI - 10:00 a.m.

January 10, 2011 - AOS Touch - I-485 - Still in Initial Review

January 19, 2011 - Complete Congresswoman inquiry paperwork and deliver it to Congresswoman's office

January 20, 2011 - Received e-mail & text message saying status updated : USCIS says AOS approved & card production ordered.

January 21, 2011 - Received multiple e-mails/texts regarding updated statuses on both AOS & EAD, some confusing!

January 26, 2011 - Received Legal Permanent Resident card in mail.

ROC:

January 2013 - Filed ROC & Received approval in June 2013

N-400 / Naturalization:

2020 - Started Naturalization ppwk prior to COVID pandemic, and when we couldn't get passport photos at local AAA office - set it aside

March 2021 - Finishing Naturalization ppwk and filing ASAP

October 4, 2022 - ASAP turned into putzing and putting off...and finally filing on 10/4/22.

11/25/22 - Received notice of N-400 Interview on 1/5/23

1/5/23 - Naturalization Interview

2/9/23 - Naturlization Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question about completing the N 400 and reporting days spent outside of the US. It says to report all trips over 24 hours in the last five years, but I am wondering if it is based on the date when you got your green card and became a permanent US resident if you are seeking naturalization based on the three-year marriage rule? I lived in a border city between Canada and the US and made weekly trips back and forth while we were dating going back over the last five years, but that would be a lot of trips to list, so I’m thinking it’s actually going back the 3.5 years since I got my green card in November 2019. Any thoughts or experiences on this question?  Thanks.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lori Johnson said:

I have a question about completing the N 400 and reporting days spent outside of the US. It says to report all trips over 24 hours in the last five years, but I am wondering if it is based on the date when you got your green card and became a permanent US resident if you are seeking naturalization based on the three-year marriage rule? I lived in a border city between Canada and the US and made weekly trips back and forth while we were dating going back over the last five years, but that would be a lot of trips to list, so I’m thinking it’s actually going back the 3.5 years since I got my green card in November 2019. Any thoughts or experiences on this question?  Thanks.  

From what I remember reading all over various forums here when asked they same question members have been advised to put info about your trips ONLY for the time you are being a LPR here, so yes, from the date your green card issued. Hope others will chime in too and confirm that info for you. Maybe @OldUser

Edited by Elena & Craig

27 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

From what I remember reading all over various forums here when asked they same question members have been advised to put info about your trips ONLY for the time you are being a LPR here, so yes, from the date your green card issued. Hope others will chime in too and confirm that info for you. Maybe @OldUser

Yes @Elena & Craig you're right, this is the recommended approach for marriage based N-400 application under 3 year rule.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lori Johnson said:

You should be fine with just the trips since green card. I didn't have any detailed records of  100-ish trips over the past 5 years and since CBP stopped making travel history available for permanent residents on the web I ended up doing a FOIA request for US entry records, and a separate ATIP request with CBSA for Canadian entries. You can get exit records from both sides as well but those are hit&miss, easier to just match entry records from both sides.

Timeline

Folks - time for me to share my N-400 interview experience today at Dallas Field office (Irving). My interview was set at 9AM. I entered the office at 8:45 and quickly proceeded through security and then to one of the counters on the 1st floor that handle the interview receipt validation, check-in and biometric confirmation. After that, i was instructed to go to the 2nd floor where there is a check-in process to hand over your interview notice and wait to be called by an officer. 

I had a 40 min wait before finally being called around 9:55AM. A very warm/affable officer called my name and walked over to her office. Before being seated, i was told to take the oath to tell the truth (respond with I do).  We started with the civics test - questions are below:

1. What does the constitution do? (Sets up the government)

2. How many amendments does the constitution have? 27

3. Name one branch of government? (Congress)

4. Before eisenhower was president, he was a general - which war? (WW II)

5. If the president cannot serve who becomes president? Vice-president

6. Who makes federal laws? (Congress)

We stopped right after the 6th question and proceeded to reading/writing:

Reading: Where is the white house?

Writing: The white house is in Washington D.C.

Subsequently proceeded to review yes/no questions (i had a traffic ticket from 2011). Officer asked if tickets were paid and that’s it. Then we went over the questions about readiness to take oath, bear arms (last section of N400).  She captured a couple of signatures, asked me to review changes (My wife got naturalized last week - so that was a change), asked about where i am employed etc and that’s it. 

I was given the decision approval form and also a same day oath ceremony notice. 

Something to note for Dallas N400 applications: They are doing same day oath for everybody this month so if you have an interview this month without a name change, you are in LUCK!

Timeline

Finished the interview at Phx FO waiting for the oath letter.

i was worried on the speeding ticket but officer said they are only looking for serious issues or offenses.

Finally this chapter of our lives is coming to close. Wife got naturalized in November.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.