thukieu

What is document I need to sponsor for my brother come US for 6 months visit

12 posts in this topic

I need some help:  for the past 10 years, I had sponsor for my brother come over for 6 months of visa visit. And he had been here for 3 times.  He always goes back on time.

But for the last 4 years, I re-apply again, and anytime he goes for the interview, the US consulate in Ho chi Minh city reject to give him a visa, they never tell him the reason why?

I had included all of this in the past,

• Affidavit of support Form I-134 (US visa sponsor form)
  • Letter of invitation addressed to visa applicants
  • Letter to US consulate, requesting to grant a visitor visa to the person you are sponsoring.
  • Bank statements: Bank statements for the last two months.
  • Bank account verification letter as evidence of your bank account and bank balance.
  • 1 or 2 recent pay stub copies.
  • Copy of recent income tax returns or last few W2 forms. 
  • My passport.

I did all of this, but for the past 3 times, they still reject him for a visa! How I find out what is wrong?  My husband and I both US citizen.

Any help I really appreciated.

Thu Kieu

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
44 minutes ago, thukieu said:

How I find out what is wrong? 

Nothing wrong, just the mood of the CO and a bit of luck missing both of which is not in your control.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

You cannot sponsor your brother for a tourist visa, your or your husband’s US citizenship cannot influence it…. I notice often that US citizens wrongly assume their relatives are automatically entitled to visitor visas just because they’re relatives of a US citizen. That’s not how it works — having relatives in the US actually decreases one’s chances to obtain a tourist visa. 

14 hours ago, Timona said:

It's B-2 visa. 

And he probably doesn't have ties to Vietnam, hence the rejections. 

And your letters aren't needed. You can finance him, but when he goes to interview, it's his own fight. You cannot influence it

Will they not let US Citizens enter the visa side?  Do they have a window or room where the interview takes place?

US Embassy in Manila I could walk in with a tourist visa applicant, and maybe influence.

51 minutes ago, Palawan said:

Will they not let US Citizens enter the visa side?  Do they have a window or room where the interview takes place?

US Embassy in Manila I could walk in with a tourist visa applicant, and maybe influence.

Right. No. Unless the applicant is a minor child no one comes into the visa section with the applicant. I waited for my mom outside consular section in the waiting area (public access by the street). 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

brother come over for 6 months of visa visit. And he had been here for 3 times.

This is why.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Palawan said:

Not at all possible

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

3 hours ago, milimelo said:

Right. No. Unless the applicant is a minor child no one comes into the visa section with the applicant. I waited for my mom outside consular section in the waiting area (public access by the street). 

Too bad for you

I walked right on in, never had to show a ID or anything, but then again I stood out like a sore thumb being an American and tall with a long nose and white complexion, when we were doing the K1 visa interview.

3 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Not at all possible

Very possible and very easy at the US Embassy in Manila

They are very accomodating to US Citizens,  They claim no cell phones or electronics are allowed, But if you are an American you can magically bring them in and the gaurd will hold them for you and give them back when you are done.

I have even went there and got my absentee voting ballot during a major holiday even though that was a different section

Edited by Palawan

18 hours ago, thukieu said:

my brother come over for 6 months of visa visit.

In my country, the US consulate doesn't like to see cases like this, where visitors stay for a long time. They usually assume that the visitor has worked illegally or something similar.

Probably that's why they are rejecting the visa. They usually give a piece of paper to the applicant with the reason why the visa was rejected. In most cases, a 214(b) states that the applicant didn't demonstrate strong ties to their home, as @Timona said.

image.thumb.png.9050567d957d840bfa79d82fdf4660b7.png.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.