2,974 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Demise said:

1. Yes, card generally gets printed first.

2. Few weeks, mine took like 3 months between the C31 getting issued and the approval letter getting sent out.

3. Honestly, don't bother renewing it if you have a C09. But if you really want to you fill out I-765 and include a copy of the I-360 approval notice.

4. Yes, hence why you shouldn't bother with it and just keep renewing the C09.

5. NJ. Who your congressman is depends on your actual physical address, not the address of your lawyer.

6. You can send a letter to the service center or field office that currently has your case telling them that you wish to fire your lawyer and any correspondence from USCIS should go to your physical address at [address] and you designate this as your safe mailing address under VAWA.

7. No. Interviews and jurisdiction gets assigned depending on where you physically live, it's not uncommon to have a lawyer in a different state handling your case and it'd make no sense for USCIS to schedule you for an interview in NYC if you live in California but the lawyer's in NYC.

@Demise, The thing is that I never received an approval notice. I received the C31 EAD in February and nothing since then. I requested for my congressman’s assistance since July, but it just fell on deaf ears. I will give it another try. Many thanks.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Is there any one who has applied for the citizenship certificate under VAWA please guide the step 

Submit  form N400,follow the instructions, and put category INA § 319(a)

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learn-about-citizenship/citizenship-and-naturalization/i-am-married-to-a-us-citizen

13 hours ago, God's son said:

@Demise, The thing is that I never received an approval notice. I received the C31 EAD in February and nothing since then. I requested for my congressman’s assistance since July, but it just fell on deaf ears. I will give it another try. Many thanks.

Yeah give the congressman another go and just tell them to ask USCIS to re-send the approval notice.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

On 10/4/2022 at 10:40 AM, Aadi135 said:

Hello Family, 

Darn it, this is what i got from my Senator upon submitting case inquiry. (I am May 2020 with 2 RFE's) 

is pending security checks at VSC.

We have checked into your constituent's case and have been assured that USCIS is aware of your inquiry and is monitoring progress related to it. However, unresolved issues in your constituent's case require a thorough review before a decision can be rendered. Unfortunately, we cannot speculate as to when this review process will be completed.

USCIS requires extensive background checks for every application or petition. While background checks for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved background check issues that result in adjudication delays.

Background checks involve more than just the initial submission for a response related to biographical information and fingerprints. Further inquiry is needed when checks and/or a review of an administrative record reveal an issue potentially impacting an applicant's eligibility for the requested immigration benefit. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or the need to contact another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. If it is determined that an outside agency possesses relevant information about a case, USCIS requests such information for review. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS then adjudicates the application or petition as expeditiously as possible.

We realize that your constituent may feel frustrated by delays related to his case. USCIS must weigh individual inconvenience against the broader concerns of public safety and national security.

I understand security check is different than background check, but response said USCIS is doing both? I understand my case was weak as i did not had many documents with me, i  got 2 RFE but this is disheartening, 

I have the same responds since my i360 got approved in 2020 . Still pending i485. Nyc office . I think background and security checks are the same and noone knows how long it may take 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Evasn said:

I have the same responds since my i360 got approved in 2020 . Still pending i485. Nyc office . I think background and security checks are the same and noone knows how long it may take 

NYC is slow,but you are close. stay strong,  I would have been happy with my VAWA approval, i am not sure if they do two background checks. 1 for VAWA and 2. for 485. :(

On 9/27/2022 at 8:58 AM, sandranj said:

IAM you asked on the thread 25 "

hi everyone, 

I am a September 2018 filer (I-360 and I-485). My I-360 is still pending and going through background checks.Today I received an online update on my I-360 case saying "Expedite Request Denied". I am confused because I didn't request them to expedite my case. Every 2-3 months my congressman is sending them inquiries and the most recent one was sent on Feb 22nd. Has anyone else experienced such thing? What could that be?

You should not contact USCIS every  2/3months,  they are  clearly doing background checks .We usually get in touch with USCIA once, or twice, in case the case might be lost of forgotten, and it's not your case. 

Hello Sandra, 

How long it usually takes for security or background check ? I'm getting same responds from uscis pending background check on my i485 since 2020 when my I360 got approved.

Also when is the pending i485 considered to be out of processing time nyc office? 

Thank you ! 

5 hours ago, Hope21 said:

Thank you 🙏 sure 

Vawa 2019 September filled 

RFE July 2021 respond received 

October 6 . 2022 approved Vawa 

Hope you are finally approved OMG!!!!!!!! this is such good news, congrats congrats 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, Hope21 said:

case is approved

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Joke worked again... joke worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, Dane-1 said:

Finally my journey has come to an end. With God in the vessel you can smile at the storm 🙏🏽. To all members in this group just keep the faith because your time is coming . NYC filer….My vawa journey started Sept 2019 . I got  RFE June 2021 . Got C31 January 2022 and vawa approval notice June 30, 2022. I got rfe for medical Sept 2, 2022 and thanks be to God my I-485 was approved Sept 29 and I’ve now  received my green card in the mail . Thanks to this wonderful and supportive group 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Congratulations. 

My VAWA got approved in March 2022. I am from NYC as well. Still waiting. Hopefully i will hear something soon. 

6 hours ago, Dane-1 said:

Finally my journey has come to an end. With God in the vessel you can smile at the storm 🙏🏽. To all members in this group just keep the faith because your time is coming . NYC filer….My vawa journey started Sept 2019 . I got  RFE June 2021 . Got C31 January 2022 and vawa approval notice June 30, 2022. I got rfe for medical Sept 2, 2022 and thanks be to God my I-485 was approved Sept 29 and I’ve now  received my green card in the mail . Thanks to this wonderful and supportive group 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

congrats can you tel me please when you got deficiency notice before you got rfe for medical? i got deficiency notice now waiting for them to send me rfe i am from nyc 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.