2,974 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, balo101 said:

That is strange but take it at least you got your EAD.

Is it valid for 1 year or 2?

2 years 🤧

On October 28, 2022 The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your I-485 because they could not deliver it. 

On October, 06, 2022, Card was picked up by USPS

On October 3, 2022, we mailed your new card for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 30, 2022, we approved your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 29, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt #_________, and will mail it to the address you gave us

On August 25, 2022 we updated your date of birth for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

April 14, 2022 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

March 15, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 14, 2022 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

July 26, 2021 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 hour ago, 777_777 said:

I am confused… just got my approval for I-765 by mail with the receipt number linked to my c31… the approval notice contains C31 receipt number with c 09 category 😕 

is it a mistake or do they really use same receipt number for both  of my categories? 

i have never received receipt notices for c09 

Congratulations! The same thing happened to me in the summer. I applied to C31 category last February and AP separately but when the card came it was a combo C09 card EAD+AP valid for two years. I guess the two years validity is what made them change the category. They used the receipt number for the C31 application like they did with you. Did you apply for AP also? Did you get a combo card?

Edited by Maridade

5 minutes ago, Maridade said:

Congratulations! The same thing happened to me in the summer. I applied to C31 category last February and AP separately but when the card came it was a combo C09 card EAD+AP valid for two years. I guess the two years validity is what made them change the category. They used the receipt number for the C31 application like they did with you. Did you apply for AP also? Did you get a combo card?

Thank you 🌸. I did not apply for AP, only ead

On October 28, 2022 The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your I-485 because they could not deliver it. 

On October, 06, 2022, Card was picked up by USPS

On October 3, 2022, we mailed your new card for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 30, 2022, we approved your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 29, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt #_________, and will mail it to the address you gave us

On August 25, 2022 we updated your date of birth for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

April 14, 2022 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

March 15, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 14, 2022 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

July 26, 2021 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/28/2022 at 7:38 PM, Cartdeb said:

How long after applying for VAWA do they issue the work permit? Also do they send a request for your biometrics first ? I applied under class C9 

It takes 8 months to receive the EAD. In some cases they can expedite. I had a few EAD expedited, and they got the EAD within 30 days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello Family, 

Darn it, this is what i got from my Senator upon submitting case inquiry. (I am May 2020 with 2 RFE's) 

is pending security checks at VSC.

We have checked into your constituent's case and have been assured that USCIS is aware of your inquiry and is monitoring progress related to it. However, unresolved issues in your constituent's case require a thorough review before a decision can be rendered. Unfortunately, we cannot speculate as to when this review process will be completed.

USCIS requires extensive background checks for every application or petition. While background checks for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved background check issues that result in adjudication delays.

Background checks involve more than just the initial submission for a response related to biographical information and fingerprints. Further inquiry is needed when checks and/or a review of an administrative record reveal an issue potentially impacting an applicant's eligibility for the requested immigration benefit. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or the need to contact another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. If it is determined that an outside agency possesses relevant information about a case, USCIS requests such information for review. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS then adjudicates the application or petition as expeditiously as possible.

We realize that your constituent may feel frustrated by delays related to his case. USCIS must weigh individual inconvenience against the broader concerns of public safety and national security.

I understand security check is different than background check, but response said USCIS is doing both? I understand my case was weak as i did not had many documents with me, i  got 2 RFE but this is disheartening, 

19 minutes ago, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family, I hope everyone is doing well, I posted few weeks ago that my I-485 was transfered to NVC on 14th September.

Today I recieved this letter about the defiance, does it mean they are close to transfer the case or send a interview.?

I'll appreciate any input.

Thanks

IMG_3845.jpg

Yes that is true. Most likely they will waive your interview. 

2 minutes ago, balo101 said:

what's your field office? when did you send your i-485 application?  

The I-485 filled November 2019, Case transferred to NATIONAL BENEFIT Center on 14 September 2022, after VAWA was approved in March 2022, 

It's setting at NBC still, today received the I-693 NOTICE October 4th,  but it says I need to wait for further instruction either to mail them or bring them to interview, 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Hello Family, 

Darn it, this is what i got from my Senator upon submitting case inquiry. (I am May 2020 with 2 RFE's) 

is pending security checks at VSC.

We have checked into your constituent's case and have been assured that USCIS is aware of your inquiry and is monitoring progress related to it. However, unresolved issues in your constituent's case require a thorough review before a decision can be rendered. Unfortunately, we cannot speculate as to when this review process will be completed.

USCIS requires extensive background checks for every application or petition. While background checks for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved background check issues that result in adjudication delays.

Background checks involve more than just the initial submission for a response related to biographical information and fingerprints. Further inquiry is needed when checks and/or a review of an administrative record reveal an issue potentially impacting an applicant's eligibility for the requested immigration benefit. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or the need to contact another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. If it is determined that an outside agency possesses relevant information about a case, USCIS requests such information for review. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS then adjudicates the application or petition as expeditiously as possible.

We realize that your constituent may feel frustrated by delays related to his case. USCIS must weigh individual inconvenience against the broader concerns of public safety and national security.

I understand security check is different than background check, but response said USCIS is doing both? I understand my case was weak as i did not had many documents with me, i  got 2 RFE but this is disheartening, 

Why they mention both security and background check? Anything i need to worry about? Anyone been through checks, usually how long they take? Shall i expect any other RFE or straight decision now? I responded to my 2nd RFE in September 2021. Is it safe to say they must be doing background check lets say since December 2021?

22 minutes ago, Aarontx90 said:

The I-485 filled November 2019, Case transferred to NATIONAL BENEFIT Center on 14 September 2022, after VAWA was approved in March 2022, 

It's setting at NBC still, today received the I-693 NOTICE October 4th,  but it says I need to wait for further instruction either to mail them or bring them to interview, 

Yes after this you will get either interview notice or they will asked you to mail in. Just wait for it.

As per my experience it usually taking 3 to 5 months.  

Family,

I got a DUI and reckless driving charge. It's been more than a week but I was just so lost and depressed to even ask anybody for help. Like a lot of us here, I have been depressed and got into a car accident and was taken to a hospital. Thankfully no one else was involved, and also there was no damage to any property except for a poll that I crashed into. Only person involved in the accident was me. I feel like I wanted to take my life that night. I have gotten signals from God in the past few days, and I have just been thankful to be alive right now because if something had happened to me that wouldn't be fair to my family, people who love me are waiting to see me when i visit them in a couple of months, and to myself. I have learned a lesson to not commit an act as stupid as I have an I am ashamed of what i wanted to do that night.

I request senior members and members who have been through similar experience in the group what could be the repercussion of a 1st dui on vawa. I was taken to the hospital s there was no arrest, or tests involved but obviously my hospital blood reports contain alcohol. I went to the station to pick up my things and that's when they gave me the tickets and the dui for which i need to appear in court soon. Since it's my first DUI, they're saying they don't wanna go after me that's why they are charging me under the city laws and not the state. Also if I can agree to participate for a deferral dui program which will have my charges dismissed in the court (7-8 months) and eventually expunged with finger card destroyed in about 18 months. I will need to make a conditional guilty plea to the court without the court signing and entering the as a conviction.

I am also thinking of speaking with an attorney to see what are other options but if I go with the above, what do you think will be the impact on my VAWA petition?

And is there any other damage control I can do or anything to improve the situation? Your advise would literally mean life to me right now. 

I have been doing volunteer work for some time now, and will be doing more volunteer work in the coming months to build a better case for GMC in the time being.

@sandranj  @Demise 

8 hours ago, sandranj said:

It takes 8 months to receive the EAD. In some cases they can expedite. I had a few EAD expedited, and they got the EAD within 30 days.

I was trying to see if my lawyer could expedite it since I also recently just had a baby and the added expenses but I read somewhere that it cannot be expedited until i do my biometrics which I haven’t even gotten a letter for it to be done and it’s been almost 5 months since my entire case was submitted. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, sandranj said:

Sandra please how can I expedite my EAD ? I sent in April and nothing yet ..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.