2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This is the continuation thread for

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/780259-vawa-part-25/

which was closed because of its large size.

---

Absolutely remember ongoing issues and unfinished conversations from Part 25, and carry on with them here.

A record number of approvals were announced in Part 25 -- may yours appear here! :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 minute ago, Pinkrlion said:

👍

Thank you, P ma'am.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Asking for the friend. 

VAWA approved recently, planning to travel abroad, might can expect fingerprints again, or Medical RFE or even interview request along with Medical. What to do when he will be out of states? Anyone been through same before? He might not able to travel back immediately for any USCIS request. Not sure how much more GC will take time. 

Vermont is sleeping again i guess :(  

2 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Asking for the friend. 

VAWA approved recently, planning to travel abroad, might can expect fingerprints again, or Medical RFE or even interview request along with Medical. What to do when he will be out of states? Anyone been through same before? He might not able to travel back immediately for any USCIS request. Not sure how much more GC will take time. 

I would say if he expecting all that then don't travel. Plus look at the processing time of local field office how long does it taking to schedule an interview. Make a plan accordingly. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

This is the continuation thread for

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/780259-vawa-part-25/

which was closed because of its large size.

---

Absolutely remember ongoing issues and unfinished conversations from Part 25, and carry on with them here.

A record number of approvals were announced in Part 25 -- may yours appear here! :) 

Yesss 🙏

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Asking for the friend. 

I agree, that you never know when you will be scheduled.  For some it takes a year, for some only a couple of months.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

I have filed my Vawa in 2020 from NJ. I have to move due to work to another state. I have sent the application to update the address but never received a response from USCIS and address is not changed as i received my prima facie at the old address even after requesting the address change. What should I do. pleas suggest.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Priya25 said:

I have filed my Vawa in 2020 from NJ. I have to move due to work to another state. I have sent the application to update the address but never received a response from USCIS and address is not changed as i received my prima facie at the old address even after requesting the address change. What should I do. pleas suggest.

It has been suggested that you write a letter about changing your safe mailing address and have it notorized to prove it is you along with the AR-11 and mail it to Vermont.  

21 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

It has been suggested that you write a letter about changing your safe mailing address and have it notorized to prove it is you along with the AR-11 and mail it to Vermont.  

Thank you , for you r response but I have done that too still haven't received any response.

Hello Family, 

I have just recieved the letter of transfer for my I-485.

It says. it has transferred date of 09-13-2022. " in order to speed up the processing,  we transferred the application or petition your ( case ) to

National Benefit Center lee's summit, MO 64064 )

I was under the impression it was transferred to local office, Does this mean it's gonna be a little while longer to hear anything from them? or this is a good thing? @ax1990 @Julie15 

Timeline
Just now, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family, 

I have just recieved the letter of transfer for my I-485.

It says. it has transferred date of 09-13-2022. " in order to speed up the processing,  we transferred the application or petition your ( case ) to

National Benefit Center lee's summit, MO 64064 )

I was under the impression it was transferred to local office, Does this mean it's gonna be a little while longer to hear anything from them? or this is a good thing? @ax1990 @Julie15 

It is transferred to NBC to be cleared for further processing.  All petitions of I-485 go through this.  This is who will send the notice of defiency of I-693 or a RFE for additional information to approve your case.  

2 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

It is transferred to NBC to be cleared for further processing.  All petitions of I-485 go through this.  This is who will send the notice of defiency of I-693 or a RFE for additional information to approve your case.  

Thank you. Any Idea, Normally how long does it take for them to issue any type of notices?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.