JenIE

I-751 September 2022 Filers

735 posts in this topic

Looks like my biometrics got waived! I haven't received anything in the mail or any text updates but decided to check my account on my.uscis.gov and saw that my case was updated last Tuesday. Weird that I haven't gotten a mail or text though given how quick the first notification came.

9/13/2022: ROC Package sent

9/15/2022: Delivered to Carol Stream, IL   

9/20/2022: Received notification from USCIS 

10/4/2022: Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ruly/Geri said:

thanks! appreciate the link. I had been looking for something like this. Well, hopefully it's not as bad as people make it see online. I've heard horror stories >,<

LOL there's probably horror stories about all of them. But, during 2020 far fewer spousal visas were issued than usual, so all of the ones that are now due to remove conditions should be met by service centers that don't have the backlog that they used to. Of course, time will tell but I'm choosing to be hopeful!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PimT said:

Looks like my biometrics got waived! I haven't received anything in the mail or any text updates but decided to check my account on my.uscis.gov and saw that my case was updated last Tuesday. Weird that I haven't gotten a mail or text though given how quick the first notification came.

9/13/2022: ROC Package sent

9/15/2022: Delivered to Carol Stream, IL   

9/20/2022: Received notification from USCIS 

10/4/2022: Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

I see you're an CR-1, did you have biometrics taken for something else? All of the people who got waived recently seem to be those who had to go through AOS because they got biometrics done at that time.

6 minutes ago, JenIE said:

I see you're an CR-1, did you have biometrics taken for something else? All of the people who got waived recently seem to be those who had to go through AOS because they got biometrics done at that time.

Yes, I did file for AOS in 2020 after we got married since I was already in the US at the time and was on a work visa (H1-B). I could just be misunderstanding the proper usage of CR-1 haha but I thought my current green card status was CR-1.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, PimT said:

Yes, I did file for AOS in 2020 after we got married since I was already in the US at the time and was on a work visa (H1-B). I could just be misunderstanding the proper usage of CR-1 haha but I thought my current green card status was CR-1.

Ah yes, you are right, you do have a CR-1, you just went through a different path than a lot of us. For those of us whose spouses were outside of the country before the CR-1 was granted we didn't have to do an AOS. But since you had to do biometrics for AOS it makes sense that you got them waived this time around!

2 minutes ago, JenIE said:

Ah yes, you are right, you do have a CR-1, you just went through a different path than a lot of us. For those of us whose spouses were outside of the country before the CR-1 was granted we didn't have to do an AOS. But since you had to do biometrics for AOS it makes sense that you got them waived this time around!

Oh I see. Appreciate the insight!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Got the extension letter! Do you need to carry around the original copy or can you just use a copy? Just thinking about potential scenarios where something like that might pop up (speeding ticket or if someone of authority needs to see it randomly)?

58 minutes ago, visaquestion1234 said:

Got the extension letter! Do you need to carry around the original copy or can you just use a copy? Just thinking about potential scenarios where something like that might pop up (speeding ticket or if someone of authority needs to see it randomly)?

I would only carry the original (and have multiple digital and paper copies) when travelling internationally. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
30 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I would only carry the original (and have multiple digital and paper copies) when travelling internationally. 

Great, thanks for your input!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good morning everyone! I have already submitted 2 address change and nothing yet, last one was on Oct 3rd, and it has not been assigned to anyone yet... what should i do?

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

27 days and no biometrics, should I submit an inquiry?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Just now, KP13 said:

I’m 40 days and no biometrics! :( 

What’s your service center?  Did you submit an inquiry?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

1 minute ago, KP13 said:

SCR. No I did not. Should I? How do I do that? 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do;jsessionid=405D435C6AB9D38AE1F99085EA56562D?sroPageType=onpt&entryPoint=init

I think 40 days is plenty of waiting.  Yes, you should.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.