JenIE

I-751 September 2022 Filers

735 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@eeaaggllee wow that's scary! Did you send two packets or one?

I would hope it's a glitch in notification system...

Nope just one application. We even received a notice of Biometric Reuse on 9/30, and the lawyer received as well. 

Is it possible that USCIS accidentally put the wrong phone number in the notification system? Like they should notify someone else but put my wife’s number. We are so scared…

Hey everybody, lurker on that thread… but got so fed up I wanted to share my situation. 

filed on the 09/12, received 09/13, received text 09/16. Sounds nice said like that. 
However someone that cannot care less made a typo while copying my address, so never received the notice. 
Called on 09/30, they said they’d put a request to fix the typo and resend the notice but it could take up to a month, with an expected date 10/14… nothing happened, called again on 10/31 and ticket was still not assigned.

Submitted new requests on 10/25 for receipt not received that still haven’t been addressed either.

On the 31st the agent said they’d E-mail it to me within 72h after like 3 people told me it was impossible. And that I should get reached out by an actual agent within … 1 Month to schedule an appointment and get a stamp.

I am so mad… GC expires on 12/09 and I have nothing to prove my company that I can still work… 

And obviously processing center is Potomac.

26 minutes ago, eeaaggllee said:

Nope just one application. We even received a notice of Biometric Reuse on 9/30, and the lawyer received as well. 

Is it possible that USCIS accidentally put the wrong phone number in the notification system? Like they should notify someone else but put my wife’s number. We are so scared…

It is possible they messed up the number in the system or some software bug resulted in you wrongly getting the notification about somebody else's case. It's hard to tell. Maybe you should try clarifying with them over the phone at least, as a starting point?

Also, how did you sign up for SMS alerts? Some form that your lawyer filed? Could they make a typo, when preparing other client's case?

Edited by OldUser

Just now, OldUser said:

It is possible they messed up the number in the system or some software bug resulted in you wrongly getting the notification about somebody else's case. It's hard to tell. Maybe you should try clarifying with them over the phone at least, as a starting point?

Yes, but it’s Friday night already. I have emailed our lawyer of this matter… we will see what he says on Monday. We keep both receipt and Bio-reuse letter just in case USCIS wants to mess us. 

is there anything we should be worried about?

16 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Also, how did you sign up for SMS alerts? Some form that your lawyer filed? Could they make a typo, when preparing other client's case?

Yes, we had the lawyer prepared our package and signed a G-1145 form to receive notifications. Maybe…hem put my wife’s number on someone else’s case.

3 minutes ago, eeaaggllee said:

Yes, we had the lawyer prepared our package and signed a G-1145 form to receive notifications. Maybe…hem put my wife’s number on someone else’s case.

Yeah, there's multiple possibilities. And if it's the case, it's not the worst thing.

Whether the lawyer would ever admit screwing this up, another thing.

Hard to tell really what caused it without digging.

Just now, OldUser said:

Yeah, there's multiple possibilities. And if it's the case, it's not the worst thing.

Whether the lawyer would ever admit screwing this up, another thing.

Hard to tell really what caused it without digging.

I am actually fine with it. Just hope we would not receive another i-797c with a different case number and receipt date…otherwise I literally don’t know how to proceed 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/4/2022 at 7:42 PM, Kupitr said:

I am so mad… GC expires on 12/09 and I have nothing to prove my company that I can still work… 

If your company is asking for that, tell them that this is an illegal practice. A company must not reverify an employee if the previous document provided is now expired. That's true even for a conditional GC.

Edited by Ayrton

4 hours ago, Ayrton said:

If your company is asking for that, tell them that this is an illegal practice. A company must not reverify an employee if the previous document provided is now expired. That's true even for a conditional GC.

No they haven’t asked for anything yet, I am just thinking about how to handle it… I know that theoretically as long as it’s processing I’m fine but would still like to have a proof. 

for a previous comment, as I adjusted from J1 I already had a SSN card that has the provision about DHS authorization or whatever…

5 minutes ago, Kupitr said:

for a previous comment, as I adjusted from J1 I already had a SSN card that has the provision about DHS authorization or whatever…

When you received your conditional GC after adjustment, you should have gone go SSA office and replaced the SSN card to remove the wording / provision. It was free and your SSN would have remained the same. I have a similar story, already had SSN card with wording due to previous status. Got it removed after receiving conditional GC.

You should try removing it when you receive your extension letter. It will make your life way easier.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.