Canadian87

N-400 September 2022 Filers

412 posts in this topic

It's been two weeks since my interview and no updates still. It's kind of mind boggling to pass the interview but them not adjudicating because somehow your file was not transferred in time for your interview. For reference, I applied in September 2022 with a pending I-751 (that I filed in September 2021). My I-751 was never transferred so come N400 interview time, the officer said they didn't have my A-file, although I did bring my spouse and we were interviewed together. 

Edited by phillyfiler13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

My interview went well!!! I passed and will be recommended for approval after my ROC is adjudicated. Should LIN have sent the file both would have gotten approved :( and same day oath would have been scheduled. Having said that, I’m happy with the outcome. 

Congratulations!!!! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Quick question - living in Mississippi, my local office would be New Orleans correct? Just want to make sure I’m looking at the correct estimated time by office. I figured it would be somewhere closer. 

congratulations to all the recent completions! I bet you are all thrilled to be (almost) done with the whole process!!

USCIS Journey

1st September 2015 - I-130 Sent

14th January 2016 - I-130 Petition approved

NVC

8th February - NVC Received case

26th February - NVC Fees "Paid" on website
24th March - DS-260 Sent & confirmation received

10th May - IV Package sent to NVC

20th June - Case compete
28th June - Received Interview confirmation (P4)

Embassy
22nd July - Medical Examination
1st August - Interview date - Approved!!

2nd August - Issued

5th August - Visa in hand

24th October - POE

ROC

21st July 2018 - I751 sent

26th July - NOA received 

31st August - Biometrics appointment

5th September - Fingerprint review was completed

8th July 2019 - ROC Approved!

5th July  - New card is being produced

13th July - 10 year green card received 

Naturalization

23rd September 2022 - N-400 Submitted

24th September - NOA received 

21st October - Biometrics appointment

10th April 2023 - Interview date

18th May - Oath Ceremony 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, AndrewMc said:

Quick question - living in Mississippi, my local office would be New Orleans correct? Just want to make sure I’m looking at the correct estimated time by office. I figured it would be somewhere closer. 

congratulations to all the recent completions! I bet you are all thrilled to be (almost) done with the whole process!!

Go to this link and enter your zip code at the bottom of the page:

Field Offices | USCIS

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Go to this link and enter your zip code at the bottom of the page:

Field Offices | USCIS

Thanks! I was right, it is New Orleans. Which sucks a little as the previous field office was 16 months, NO is 26 months the last I checked. Oh well!! 😄

USCIS Journey

NVC

20th June - Case compete

Embassy

2nd August - Issued

24th October - POE

ROC

26th July - NOA received 

Naturalization

18th May - Oath Ceremony 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, AndrewMc said:

Thanks! I was right, it is New Orleans. Which sucks a little as the previous field office was 16 months, NO is 26 months the last I checked. Oh well!! 😄

I wouldn't put any faith in that estimate.  Dallas office says 15.5 months.  My wife filed N-400 in Aug 2022.  She took the oath and became a citizen only 5 months later. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

My interview went well!!! I passed and will be recommended for approval after my ROC is adjudicated. Should LIN have sent the file both would have gotten approved :( and same day oath would have been scheduled. Having said that, I’m happy with the outcome. 

Congrats! That's what I was told as well, and it's been two weeks. LIN didn't send my file either. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
32 minutes ago, phillyfiler13 said:

Congrats! That's what I was told as well, and it's been two weeks. LIN didn't send my file either. 

The officer that did my interview mentioned that sometimes with LIN they need to contact a supervisor so cases are transferred. She’s a supervisor at this office and wasn’t happy that they haven’t transferred the case. She said it was common with them. 

Timeline

Just checked and saw that I got my interview date! April 10th!!!! That’s came as a shock as I looked yesterday and no change, just checked a few minutes ago and saw “interview was scheduled”. So happy to finally have a date! Now I have to get back to studying! 😄

USCIS Journey

NVC

20th June - Case compete

Embassy

2nd August - Issued

24th October - POE

ROC

26th July - NOA received 

Naturalization

18th May - Oath Ceremony 

51 minutes ago, AndrewMc said:

Just checked and saw that I got my interview date! April 10th!!!! That’s came as a shock as I looked yesterday and no change, just checked a few minutes ago and saw “interview was scheduled”. So happy to finally have a date! Now I have to get back to studying! 😄

Congrats!!! I kept checking every day. Wish I would get mine soon.

On 3/4/2023 at 4:09 PM, AndrewMc said:

Congrats, @AndrewMc!

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.