bswt2

Rescheduling N400 interview

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

So I filed my N400 20 days ago and just got my interview notice today which is scheduled for September 22nd, the day before my wife and I go on vacation.

Assuming they still do the oath ceremony at the interview my wife wants me to reschedule, are there any problems doing that? I know this is not recommended but I did not expect it to be that quick.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

The interview notice will have instructions on how to reschedule the interview.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since it’s a day before ur trip I would recommend just going, I heard way to many horror stories were people rescheduled and it ended up not being properly updated n they end up getting denied. I would keep the interview and reschedule the oath ceremony if it’s not gonna be on same day.

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I wouldn't reschedule an interview..They're hard to come by. Infact, 20 days is lucky 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Most offices do NOT do oath right after the interview. Go as scheduled to interview and you can ask them to schedule your oath for after your trip. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
1 hour ago, milimelo said:

Most offices do NOT do oath right after the interview. Go as scheduled to interview and you can ask them to schedule your oath for after your trip. 

Thank you, I just found the following online, if the website is correct I should have no issues as the next oath ceremony would be about a week after we come back.

https://www.gand.uscourts.gov/naturalization

1 hour ago, bswt2 said:

hank you, I just found the following online, if the website is correct I should have no issues as the next oath ceremony would be about a week after we come back.

https://www.gand.uscourts.gov/naturalization

Wise Move

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Definitely go and have the interview done, and tell the Immigration Officer about your trip so they can schedule your oath accordingly (after you come back). 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
21 hours ago, Scandi said:

Definitely go and have the interview done, and tell the Immigration Officer about your trip so they can schedule your oath accordingly (after you come back). 

Thanks, I talked with my attorney yesterday and he suggested the same thing.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I just checked your timeline. Congratulations on your approval.  I’m on a similar situation. Could you please let me know what you did? Did you ask to reschedule oath or mention that at the interview? Thanks!!

Edited by GoodbyeArgentina
Typo

Timeline
16 hours ago, GoodbyeArgentina said:

Hi! I just checked your timeline. Congratulations on your approval.  I’m on a similar situation. Could you please let me know what you did? Did you ask to reschedule oath or mention that at the interview? Thanks!!

Thank you, basically once we got to my travel history I pointed out that I am going on a trip the next day. The office said that I shouldn’t get an oath ceremony that quickly but if I did I could just reschedule it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.