Elmkiety

July 2022 - AOS Filers

168 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, grant2 said:

Which of your cases is in "Actively Reviewed" state?

My I-485 is in "Actively Reviewed", and the I-765 + I-131 are both "Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent"

My biometrics appointment notice had bar codes for both I-485 and I-765.

So after the biometrics, both the I-485 and I-765 are "Actively Reviewed".

I-131 is still at "Case Received".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Received this morning EAD card of my K2. I wished it was my Card instead since it is no use for now for my K2. Anybody who has same experience? How long before my K1 EAD arrive?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Here's an update on my case(s).

Went to the Omaha field office for biometrics on Aug. 26th. As I left the building, the I-765 and I-485 changed to being "actively reviewed." By the end of the day, my I-765 had been approved and a card was being produced.

For folks who already went through this, how long from "card being produced" to actually receiving it in the mail? My local library is hiring a librarian and I hope it gets here in time for me to apply before the opportunity being filled.

Thank you, and good luck to everyone else! It seems USCIS is working faster now than in past months.

2 hours ago, ritac23 said:

Here's an update on my case(s).

Went to the Omaha field office for biometrics on Aug. 26th. As I left the building, the I-765 and I-485 changed to being "actively reviewed." By the end of the day, my I-765 had been approved and a card was being produced.

For folks who already went through this, how long from "card being produced" to actually receiving it in the mail? My local library is hiring a librarian and I hope it gets here in time for me to apply before the opportunity being filled.

Thank you, and good luck to everyone else! It seems USCIS is working faster now than in past months.

Wow! That was quick!

I feel like I'm behind again. 😅

According to the Lawfully case tracker app for the I-765:

83% gets "Card Is Being Produced" an average of 119 days,

16% gets "Case Closed Benefits Received By Other Means" an average of 164 days, which I assume means they get the GC.

Timeline
5 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

Wow! That was quick!

I feel like I'm behind again. 😅

According to the Lawfully case tracker app for the I-765:

83% gets "Card Is Being Produced" an average of 119 days,

16% gets "Case Closed Benefits Received By Other Means" an average of 164 days, which I assume means they get the GC.

I have a feeling you'll get a response sooner rather than later. I assume you're still at the "Case Is Actively Being Reviewed"? 

1 hour ago, ritac23 said:

I have a feeling you'll get a response sooner rather than later. I assume you're still at the "Case Is Actively Being Reviewed"? 

Thanks 😅

But I gave up long time ago trying to figure out how the USCIS process anymore.😂

Visajourney stat page show about 3 months between biometrics to EAD approval.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadstats.php

USCIS I-485 processing time at NBC shows 8.5 months for 80% of cases.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

We got my foreign spouse the state ID, and our state only gave her ID valid to the I-94 expiration date.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/786942-how-long-is-it-taking-to-get-noa1/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-10711113

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/786942-how-long-is-it-taking-to-get-noa1/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-10711302

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/786942-how-long-is-it-taking-to-get-noa1/?tab=comments#comment-10711058

Our state will give a one-time extension of 120-days from the I-94 expiration by showing the I-797C for the I-485.

The EAD card is needed to extend the state ID expiration after that.

So a lot is riding on the EAD card and EAD seems to be a bottleneck for the state ID and driver's license for our state K1-to-AOS filers.

But one good thing is her state ID has the REAL ID star, which we didn't expect for K1-to-AOS filers with the "period of authorized stay".

The only thing I'm a little anxious about now is did we do all we can before my foreign spouse I-94 expires?

Many offices, government workers, or financial officers are comfortable with the I-94 or EAD card, but they may get confused with the I-797C for I-485 as part of the ID?

So we are trying to get as much done as we can before her I-94 expires, or am I overthinking it?

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I feel like @EatBulaga you've done all you can before the I-94 expiry... now that we, for example, have the updated SSN and the I-797C for the AOS, there doesn't really seem like isn't to do besides making sure finances/housing is commingled before the interview. As each state has different requirements to get a Real ID (strange, I know), you might as well get whatever you can before the expiry and call it a day. Medical insurance is also something that can be done through the Healthcare Exchange (if so needed), though that's tied to the date of the wedding (60 days post) rather than the I-94.

Perhaps for the benefit of others here, the requirements for a Real ID/Driver's License in DC are rather simple. We went to the DMV with all paperwork to request a Real ID, and at first they were a bit uncertain whether we had enough 'proof of identity' now that my wife's last name is changed (passport is ofc still in maidan name and they didn't fully know what they could accept as evidence, even with the Marriage Certificate... strange), but ultimately everything was okay and they said they could issue an identification for 8 years. We only didn't get it because, oddly, getting a Real ID identification while having a foreign driver's license forces you to, later, retake a full driving test. My wife preferred to just take the DC knowledge exam and return for the actual driver's license.

Also, the DC DMV asked for both the AOS I-797C and the I-94. I don't know what they'd do if the I-94 expired, but their website is quite clear that both are valid for proof of lawful status. And, moreover, both proofs of status will yield the 8 year ID. They seemed very capable handling all the immigration forms, but the fact they still wanted the I-94 sat unwell with me (along with them questioning the proof of identification).

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline

An update:

My EAD is still at "card being produced" but I printed off the I-797 showing it had been approved. Took it to the DMV (Nebraska) because my husband is having minor surgery next week and will need someone to drive him back from the appointment. Guess what, it still wasn't enough to renew my driver's license. It depends so much from state to state, so if you're in Nebraska, keep in mind they'll probably want a green card (ah!) or an approved EAD card in hand. Sigh.

Timeline

One more update, my social security card and EAD were both delivered today 🙂

PD: 26/07/2022

Biometrics: 26/08/2022

I-765 approved: 26/08/2022

"Card Produced": 01/09/2022

USPS picked up card: 01/09/2022

Delivered: 03/09/2022

IOE #, case handled at NBC, field office was Omaha, NE

16 hours ago, ritac23 said:

One more update, my social security card and EAD were both delivered today 🙂

PD: 26/07/2022

Biometrics: 26/08/2022

I-765 approved: 26/08/2022

"Card Produced": 01/09/2022

USPS picked up card: 01/09/2022

Delivered: 03/09/2022

IOE #, case handled at NBC, field office was Omaha, NE

Show off...😂

Nah, I'm happy for you.

But the law of averages states for every short wait will be a long wait. Oh well...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It feels like USCIS has really slowed down their EAD procesing the past few weeks.

The estimated date for my EAD from visajourney has moved out 2 months later in the past 2 weeks.

Greetings to all waiting,

I came across this somewhat interesting link about decoding the IOE* case number.

https://www.reddit.com/r/USCIS/comments/yn60ig/decoding_ioe_case_numbers/

Our 3 case numbers (I-485, I-131, I-765) all start with IOE091*******.

I may cross-post this with the other AOS-filers months as it may at confirm the randomness of the AOS process.

Edited by EatBulaga

On 11/6/2022 at 9:05 AM, EatBulaga said:

Greetings to all waiting,

I came across this somewhat interesting link about decoding the IOE* case number.

https://www.reddit.com/r/USCIS/comments/yn60ig/decoding_ioe_case_numbers/

Our 3 case numbers (I-485, I-131, I-765) all start with IOE091*******.

I may cross-post this with the other AOS-filers months as it may at confirm the randomness of the AOS process.

This site has some nice data graphics of the IOE* case numbers

https://hilites.today/uscis_cases/ioe-stats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So happy for all of you who got same-day EAD news as your biometrics. My spouse's were done 146 days ago and we still don't have anything. It seems so random.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.