Elmkiety

July 2022 - AOS Filers

168 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2022 at 5:19 AM, EatBulaga said:

Thanks for the response.

Still no access code letter here, nor biometrics.

And still no response from first inquiry for access code.

When I tried to file another inquiry, it said to wait 30 days from last action, which was the Notice date.

One thing I did notice on the I-797C is that the Priority date box is blank. And the letter states, "If this notice contains a priority date, this priority does not reflect earlier retained priority date." So what does it mean if the Priority date box is empty?

The I-797C letter also states, "If we determine you must submit biometrics, we will mail you a biometrics appointment notice with the time and place of your appointment." Is it possible that if the foreign beneficiary had her fingerprints and pic taken at the consulate and at the Port-Of-Entry, then USCIS can use those as biometrics? And no need to do another biometrics?

The nearest field office here wait is like 500+ days. But since our receipt numbers started with IOE*, I'm assuming our case being handled electronically is different? And we never got the G-1145 notifications even though we got the I-797C in the mail?

I saw some posts where ppl said that they didn’t need to do biometrics since it was taken before in consulate. But honestly i don’t know if not having priority date on letter means anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi, everyone! I'm also a July filer and wanted to introduce myself and give a little background to my immigration situation.

I'm a 2020 K1 filer (applied in June), came to the US in April 2022, and filed for I-485, I-765, and I-131 on 27th July 2022. My receipt number also starts with IOE (but the address listed on the I-797C notices is in MO National Benefits Center), and the closest USCIS office to me is Omaha, NE.

Today (Aug 5th) I received 4 letters in the mail: an I-797C for each of the forms I sent, and an additional letter with my online access code. So, @EatBulaga, yes! K1-to-AOS filers should also be getting this code in letter form. Still no biometrics appointment, crossing my fingers it will come soon.

I think that's all I have so far! Good luck, everyone, and keep us posted on this journey 🙂

Rita

Edited by ritac23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Evening folks, just a lil update. Check was cashed on 7/29, received paper notifications on 8/1, and access code arrived 8/4.

Just today, we went to SSA and was able to successfully apply for spouse's SSN without any issues. Documents we took were passport, recent I-94 printed from CBP website, birth certificate, and marriage certificate. The employee who helped us said the number should be generated within 2 days and card received in 2 weeks!

Still waiting on biometrics appointment.

Spoiler

K-1 Visa (I-129F)                                       AOS (I-485) & EAD (I-765)

2021-04-03: Sent (USPS)                  2022-07-23: Sent (UPS)

2021-04-05: NOA1                              2022-07-25: USCIS Received

2022-03-25: NOA2                             2022-07-28: Received two texts with receipt numbers

2022-04-19: NVC Received               2022-07-29: Check cashed

2022-05-16: Embassy Received       2022-08-01: Received paper notifications

2022-06-24: Interview                       2022-08-04: Received online access code

2022-06-28: Visa Received               2022-08-05: Applied for SSN, CaseTrack notified Bio appt scheduled

:dance:                                                    2022-08-11: Received paper notification for Biometrics

2022-08-12: Received SSN card

2022-08-23: Biometrics appointment

2023-01-12: RFE

2023-01-13: RFE evidence submitted via online account

2023-06-01: EAD Approved, card arrived 06-12 

2023-07-02: AOS Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 8/4/2022 at 4:19 AM, EatBulaga said:

One thing I did notice on the I-797C is that the Priority date box is blank. And the letter states, "If this notice contains a priority date, this priority does not reflect earlier retained priority date." So what does it mean if the Priority date box is empty?

On my spouse's I-797C for I-485, the Priority Date is blank as well, but when the access code arrived, it had one dated the same as the Received Date. I'm not sure why that is...

Spoiler

K-1 Visa (I-129F)                                       AOS (I-485) & EAD (I-765)

2021-04-03: Sent (USPS)                  2022-07-23: Sent (UPS)

2021-04-05: NOA1                              2022-07-25: USCIS Received

2022-03-25: NOA2                             2022-07-28: Received two texts with receipt numbers

2022-04-19: NVC Received               2022-07-29: Check cashed

2022-05-16: Embassy Received       2022-08-01: Received paper notifications

2022-06-24: Interview                       2022-08-04: Received online access code

2022-06-28: Visa Received               2022-08-05: Applied for SSN, CaseTrack notified Bio appt scheduled

:dance:                                                    2022-08-11: Received paper notification for Biometrics

2022-08-12: Received SSN card

2022-08-23: Biometrics appointment

2023-01-12: RFE

2023-01-13: RFE evidence submitted via online account

2023-06-01: EAD Approved, card arrived 06-12 

2023-07-02: AOS Approved

On 8/1/2022 at 10:09 PM, Elmkiety said:

Update...

We received the USCIS access code letter today.

we logged in and checked the documents area. We found the letter of the biometrics it’s showing appointment on August, 15 2022 at 1pm.

Update....

Early Walk in biometrics was done today instead of august 15. 
status of i-485 and i-765 changed to Case is being actively reviewed 

On 8/8/2022 at 2:00 PM, Elmkiety said:

Update....

Update....

Yesterday we checked case tracker and found out that i-765 Status changed to card is being produced.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Mistakenly posted in the August AOS; received NOA July 18 for all three apps.

EAD Approved August 11. 27 days, does this mean work permit should be here soon? Finishing school in December with job placement, hoping the permit arrives in time for a smooth transition into employment. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, yvonme said:

Mistakenly posted in the August AOS; received NOA July 18 for all three apps.

EAD Approved August 11. 27 days, does this mean work permit should be here soon? Finishing school in December with job placement, hoping the permit arrives in time for a smooth transition into employment. 

This was answered / thank you :) 

Timeline
On 8/8/2022 at 1:00 PM, Elmkiety said:

Update....

On 8/11/2022 at 2:33 PM, Adaora08 said:

Update....

Early walk in biometrics was done today instead of august 25. 

What do you mean by "Early Walk-in Biometrics"? Were you given the option to do the biometrics sooner than originally scheduled for? How did you set that up? I live 4 hours away from the USCIS field office, the sooner I could go the better lol

36 minutes ago, ritac23 said:

What do you mean by "Early Walk-in Biometrics"? Were you given the option to do the biometrics sooner than originally scheduled for? How did you set that up? I live 4 hours away from the USCIS field office, the sooner I could go the better lol

I just tried my luck and walked into the USCIS field office before my appointment date. It was not busy and I was allowed in to get it done. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Adaora08 said:

I just tried my luck and walked into the USCIS field office before my appointment date. It was not busy and I was allowed in to get it done. 

Ahhh, I see! Good for you! Has the status on your I-765 changed to approved? I've seen quite a few people have theirs given the green light right after biometrics were done.

2 hours ago, ritac23 said:

U can just walk in and try your luck. But if I have to drive 4 hours to try that... I would preferably  wait for my actual date. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.