Elmkiety

July 2022 - AOS Filers

168 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

the 09-168 EAD group started moving really fast the past few days, according to other trackers.   

I just got "card being produced" on my case.   I'm in Los Angeles - California.   

NOA date = July 7, 2022

EAD approved = January 3, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, grant2 said:

the 09-168 EAD group started moving really fast the past few days, according to other trackers.   

NOA date = July 7, 2022

I'm in San Francisco , CA if anything this gives us a bit of hope our NOA was on July 14 so hopefully in 2 weeks we get ours

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 1/3/2023 at 8:20 PM, grant2 said:

NOA date = July 7, 2022

What trackers? I'd love to see movement on the 09-163 group soon. Also, congrats!

Timeline
15 hours ago, quinnscribe said:

What trackers? I'd love to see movement on the 09-163 group soon. Also, congrats!

https://www.casestatusext.com/forms/I-765/IOE-LB

https://hilites.today/

Timeline

Thank you, I knew about hilites but I'd never seen the first one! It is shocking to me 09-17 has so many more approvals-per-total than my 09-16. 09-177 has more approvals than pending, whereas the ratio is not even a quarter for my 09-163. Really puts the lie to the FIFO idea that they work in sequence!

Timeline
35 minutes ago, quinnscribe said:

Thank you, I knew about hilites but I'd never seen the first one! It is shocking to me 09-17 has so many more approvals-per-total than my 09-16. 09-177 has more approvals than pending, whereas the ratio is not even a quarter for my 09-163. Really puts the lie to the FIFO idea that they work in sequence!

the CaseStatusExt site is just a few months old.  I think its IOE data never included cases which were "approved" before the site was created, which is why the older #s have much lower totals.   But now those cases are "remembered" and slowly change status on the site.

In time the site should have extremely accurate IOE data.  For now I found it mostly useful to just watch the daily changes in my cohort (and other cohorts).

What it showed is that for several months, the processing was done very randomly across every cohort, + a lot of approvals happening in the 09-175 and higher cohorts.    This is the opposite of what most people expect.  This total randomness is of course frustrating for all the people in old cohorts who have been waiting a very long time, and see that most of the people getting approved applied many months after them.

There is speculation that the processing order is somehow being chosen for the purpose of improving USCIS's statistics.  e.g., if the newest applications are most of the approvals, then the "80% are processed within..." statistic suddenly gets a low number.  

Timeline
8 hours ago, grant2 said:

There is speculation that the processing order is somehow being chosen for the purpose of improving USCIS's statistics.  e.g., if the newest applications are most of the approvals, then the "80% are processed within..." statistic suddenly gets a low number.  

That would not surprise me and is also really depressing. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/29/2022 at 9:43 AM, bzbee said:

Filed for AOS in July under EB4 (Special Immigrants) category.

Jul-18: Receipt 

Aug-05: Biometrics (early walk-in,  actual appt on Aug-18th)

Aug-10: Case update - "Fingerprints were taken"

Oct-17: RFE issued for some mistake in the medical (I-693)

Nov-02: Responded to the RFE with a corrected I-693

Nov-07: Case update - "We received your response"

Dec-19: Case update - "We ordered your new card."
Dec-20: Case update - "Case Was Approved."

Dec-27: Received SSN card in mail

Still waiting for the Green Card to be dispatched. Guess things are a bit slow due to the holiday season, hoping to receive it in the next couple of weeks.

where are you located if you dont mind me asking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

09-170 member here. CaseTracker notified me there was an RFE created and found one dated the 12th. Submitted evidence using the online account. Hoping to hear back good news in the future *fingers crossed!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa (I-129F)                                       AOS (I-485) & EAD (I-765)

2021-04-03: Sent (USPS)                  2022-07-23: Sent (UPS)

2021-04-05: NOA1                              2022-07-25: USCIS Received

2022-03-25: NOA2                             2022-07-28: Received two texts with receipt numbers

2022-04-19: NVC Received               2022-07-29: Check cashed

2022-05-16: Embassy Received       2022-08-01: Received paper notifications

2022-06-24: Interview                       2022-08-04: Received online access code

2022-06-28: Visa Received               2022-08-05: Applied for SSN, CaseTrack notified Bio appt scheduled

:dance:                                                    2022-08-11: Received paper notification for Biometrics

2022-08-12: Received SSN card

2022-08-23: Biometrics appointment

2023-01-12: RFE

2023-01-13: RFE evidence submitted via online account

2023-06-01: EAD Approved, card arrived 06-12 

2023-07-02: AOS Approved

IOE-09142 to IOE-09172 seems to get little love from USCIS.

I suspect most of the July-August 2022, I-765 filers are in this boat? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

IOE-09142 to IOE-09172 seems to get little love from USCIS.

I suspect most of the July-August 2022, I-765 filers are in this boat? 

There's May in there too, I'm IOE-09-163 and we're May, and yes we've noticed that we're getting proportionally far less approved than later cases. I reached out to my congressman with that.

27 minutes ago, quinnscribe said:

There's May in there too, I'm IOE-09-163 and we're May, and yes we've noticed that we're getting proportionally far less approved than later cases. I reached out to my congressman with that.

Keep us posted.

Honestly, I don't get expect much support from congressmen.

But there isn't many other options.

Greetings July 2022 filers, 

Got I-765 EAD approved with "Card Is Being Produced".

See our Profile or Timeline for details.

Keep the faith!

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

Greetings July 2022 filers, 

Got I-765 EAD approved with "Card Is Being Produced".

See our Profile or Timeline for details.

Keep the faith!

Sincere congratulations on this achievement! very happy for you! May you please advice what method did you use to send fax - some app or send from somewhere (like ups)? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.