Elmkiety

July 2022 - AOS Filers

168 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, slavaskii said:

These were exactly what I was looking for - thank you so much! And yes, sorry if I was unclear, I was looking for the I-485 and I-765 numbers and not the I-129F (thankful for that every day, lol).

Although I do have a question, if you don't mind. So taking a look at my wife's particular group in that I-765 chart, I see numbers for "approved," "processing," and "received." I I presume approved is EAD being produced / in-hand, but what's the difference between processing and received? Are there really, for some IOE groups, the same number as people with both an approved card and just having their documents received (i.e., no biometrics)?

And the bottom chart: this is letting us know the daily updates, correct? If that's the case, then my presumption about FOs controlling goes out the window. It's quite weird that the, say, IOE-19189 group is skyrocketing whereas the others are being left behind. The work is not just uneven, but grouped around 4 clear parts of the map.

Last thing, if you don't mind: I presume you have been following these for a while. Does the attention USCIS gives to these 'blocks' fluctuate (i.e., from IOE-09131 to IOE-09141) or does it seem like they're just beating down one group? I also don't presume we have any way to see how many of these approvals are expedites (I originally thought the vast, vast majority, but after talking to my filing group on FB, it seems like there's some of us just inexplicably left behind - lots of them got GCs in 3 months or less).

I don't think I know the exact answers.

I do remember reading that the IOE numbers are not necessarily assigned in order.

For example, your number may be IOE09-15010000, and the next case received on the same date could be IOE09-16080000.

So don't think that your IOE group number all have the similar received dates or priority dates.

But over time, you should see each IOE group become more green approved.

So right now, the I-765 have more green than the I-485.

The yellow processing on the I-485, I assume, are those having completed the biometrics and "being actively reviewed".

The graphs only save the last 1-week of updates, so you can compare the number of green approved from a week ago to now to get an idea of any movements in your IOE group.

The earlier IOE numbers for the I-485 seem to have higher proportions of green, and again remember that the IOE numbers do not necessarily correspond to the receive dates.

Incidentally, if you look at the graphs on the computer, there is a pretty slick slider at the bottom to zoom in on certain ranges.

And as @grant2 says, it seems random.

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

I don't think I know the exact answers.

I do remember reading that the IOE numbers are not necessarily assigned in order.

For example, your number may be IOE09-15010000, and the next case received on the same date could be IOE09-16080000.

So don't think that your IOE group number all have the similar received dates or priority dates.

I believe they are assigned in order.

If you watch casestatusext.com for any length of time, you can see that the newest cases appear with the highest numbers.  (we know they are new, because they did not exist at all the previous week or previous month).  

My cases are 09-168.  I expect all of us July filers who got an IOE number are all somewhere between 09-166 and 09-170.

There are no increases in the total cases for the older numbers on that website.  Over time, however, you can see the statuses change (i.e., cases go from "received" into "approved" or "denied".  e.g., 09-168 has always had ~17,000 total

The processing EAD is mostly random.  Check out hilites on any day and you'll see that the list of "today's updates" are all over the place.

The only pattern i've seen is that large groups from the same block will get processed on the same day.  E.g., on a day with 1500 EAD approvals, you might have 1000 from 09-184, and the other 500 are scattered all over.    Unfortunately for us, the 'big block' approval groups most frequently land on 09-175 and higher.    Although mine DID get approved on one of the rare days that 09-168 got about 600 approvals in a single day.

Edited by grant2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello July filers,

We got the infamous I-693 courtesy email. See the entire email at

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/798091-request-for-form-i-693-courtesy-email/

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 6:08 PM, EatBulaga said:

Hello July filers,

We got the infamous I-693 courtesy email. See the entire email at

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/798091-request-for-form-i-693-courtesy-email/

Greetings July 2022 AOS filers,

After going to see the Civil Surgeon for the I-693 medical, we got an email from USCIS "We have taken an action on your case", but we have yet to submit the sealed envelope.

Our case status shows case is updated to April 7, 2023, but the message is still "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS".

I have a few conjectures of what might be happening.

One, the Civil Surgeon inputted our I-693 medical case to their USCIS system, which updates the whole USCIS system. I remember this happening during the overseas medical when we saw the CEACStatTracker update the process date but the message stayed as "Ready".

Or two, Atlanta FO has really taken action and we should see some updates soon. Some who reported the same message got their GC approval soon after.

Or three, some others have reported this message as a glitch in the system, and are still waiting.

In any case, if you go read our courtesy email post, we still plan on submitting our I-693 medical.

Edited by EatBulaga

• 2 weeks later...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats both of you.  Looking at the stats on casestatusext.com it looks like the 09-162 cases are starting to get a lot more processing.

The earliest june 2022 filers should be starting with 09-167, I think.

So in a few weeks i think there will be an uptick in this group getting approvals

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

On a whim checked wife's USCIS account and found EAD approval letter was posted last week 👍 almost there!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa (I-129F)                                       AOS (I-485) & EAD (I-765)

2021-04-03: Sent (USPS)                  2022-07-23: Sent (UPS)

2021-04-05: NOA1                              2022-07-25: USCIS Received

2022-03-25: NOA2                             2022-07-28: Received two texts with receipt numbers

2022-04-19: NVC Received               2022-07-29: Check cashed

2022-05-16: Embassy Received       2022-08-01: Received paper notifications

2022-06-24: Interview                       2022-08-04: Received online access code

2022-06-28: Visa Received               2022-08-05: Applied for SSN, CaseTrack notified Bio appt scheduled

:dance:                                                    2022-08-11: Received paper notification for Biometrics

2022-08-12: Received SSN card

2022-08-23: Biometrics appointment

2023-01-12: RFE

2023-01-13: RFE evidence submitted via online account

2023-06-01: EAD Approved, card arrived 06-12 

2023-07-02: AOS Approved

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

AOS was approved over the weekend, on the 2nd.

Question: How long after approval did folks receive status change for card production or arrival of green card?

Spoiler

K-1 Visa (I-129F)                                       AOS (I-485) & EAD (I-765)

2022-03-25: NOA2                             2022-07-28: Received two texts with receipt numbers

2022-06-24: Interview                       2022-08-04: Received online access code

2022-06-28: Visa Received               2022-08-05: Applied for SSN, CaseTrack notified Bio appt scheduled

:dance:                                                    2022-08-11: Received paper notification for Biometrics

9 hours ago, JoooonMoi said:

AOS was approved over the weekend, on the 2nd.

Question: How long after approval did folks receive status change for card production or arrival of green card?

Congratulations! Happy for you all!

If you look at our Timeline or Profile->Our Story, it took us about a week from getting the approval notification to receiving the permanent residence card.

Start preparing for the post-AOS to-do's.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/799707-post-aos-optional-to-dos/

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
11 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

Congratulations! Happy for you all!

If you look at our Timeline or Profile->Our Story, it took us about a week from getting the approval notification to receiving the permanent residence card.

Start preparing for the post-AOS to-do's.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/799707-post-aos-optional-to-dos/

Thank you! That's a great list to keep in mind. I like how folks said to start throwing things in a box :)

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Still no updates, and we're 3 weeks short of it marking a year I submitted the AOS... Anyone else in the same boat? I do have my EAD, but would love to get the green card before Christmas!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.