Elmkiety

July 2022 - AOS Filers

168 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, IrinaKevi said:

Sincere congratulations on this achievement! very happy for you! May you please advice what method did you use to send fax - some app or send from somewhere (like ups)? 

Haha. Thanks. Yes. I sent the fax from a FedEx print store. It costs a total not including tax, 43.02=18 pages × 2.39 per page.

USCIS gave specific instructions on how to send the requested "additional information". From what I read of others, USCIS instructed them to upload to the myUSCIS or mail-in RFEs. I think it depends on the USCIS worker on your case for what is convenient or reliable for them to receive your correspondence without getting lost in the bureaucracy.

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've been quietly following this thread since I applied for my AOS and I 130 in late July. I wanted to post here because I think my petition was granted and perhaps the interview might be waived? If anyone has any insight, that would be great!

Priority date: July 28, 2022

Biometrics appt: Sept 1

I-130 being actively reviewed: Sept 1, 2022

I-485 being actively reviewed: Sept 1, 2022

I-765 being actively reviewed: Sept 1, 2022

I-485 approved: January 14, 2023

I-130 approved, case closed: January 18, 2023

The I-765 still says it's being actively reviewed but I suppose if the other applications are approved ahead of it, then it's no longer necessary.

There is a pdf letter for the I-485 saying permanent residence is approved, but no letter to accompany the approval and closing of the I-130.

Nothing has been received in the mail yet. 

Am I getting ahead of myself in assuming this was a waived interview? 

8 hours ago, WhitbyCan said:

Hi everyone,

I've been quietly following this thread since I applied for my AOS and I 130 in late July. I wanted to post here because I think my petition was granted and perhaps the interview might be waived? If anyone has any insight, that would be great!

Priority date: July 28, 2022

Biometrics appt: Sept 1

I-130 being actively reviewed: Sept 1, 2022

I-485 being actively reviewed: Sept 1, 2022

I-765 being actively reviewed: Sept 1, 2022

I-485 approved: January 14, 2023

I-130 approved, case closed: January 18, 2023

The I-765 still says it's being actively reviewed but I suppose if the other applications are approved ahead of it, then it's no longer necessary.

There is a pdf letter for the I-485 saying permanent residence is approved, but no letter to accompany the approval and closing of the I-130.

Nothing has been received in the mail yet. 

Am I getting ahead of myself in assuming this was a waived interview? 

I can't speak for the I-130.

But if the I-485 is approved, then the I-765 is no longer necessary.

After you receive the GC in the mail, then you can do pretty much everything a US citizen can except vote.

3 hours ago, WhitbyCan said:

My receipt number started with IOE09170 and was transferred from Chicago to Lee's Summit if that information is useful to anyone.

Have you tried asking Emma about the status of your receipt number, or about if interview is waived?

I personally would just wait to see if the GC is produced and maybe call USCIS to confirm no interview is required?

Timeline
4 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

Have you tried asking Emma about the status of your receipt number, or about if interview is waived?

I personally would just wait to see if the GC is produced and maybe call USCIS to confirm no interview is required?

No, I haven't tried asking. The letter seems to plainly say the application is approved and permanent residence granted, so I will just wait a couple weeks to see if a card shows up in the mail.

I have read about new policies that allow interviews for even marriage based immigration to be waived in light of the backlog and covid, so for now it all makes sense unless something changes.

Thanks for the feedback. It's really appreciated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

my lawyer said many, many GC cases are being approved without interview.  Not to mention the many people on forums saying so.

14 minutes ago, WhitCan said:

I-485 status updated to 'Card produced' today and case closed.

The entire procsss took 5 months and 3 weeks exactly from priority date to case closed.

Congratulations!

Consider yourself among the fortunate ones. 

Still need to keep track of the paperwork for the I-751 or N-400?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

Congratulations!

Consider yourself among the fortunate ones. 

Still need to keep track of the paperwork for the I-751 or N-400?

These were never even on my radar. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the next steps I can take.

At first glance, the I-751 sounds like something I would certainly look into.

8 minutes ago, WhitCan said:

These were never even on my radar. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the next steps I can take.

At first glance, the I-751 sounds like something I would certainly look into.

It would help Visajourney stats pages if you fill out your Timeline and others know how to address your situation.

I-751 is for those with 2-year GC from AOS of the K1 or CR1, to get the 10-year GC.

If your GC is 10-year, then your next step is N-400 or the perpetual renewal of the GC.

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
1 minute ago, EatBulaga said:

It would help Visajourney stats pages if you fill out your Timeline and others know how to address your situation.

I-751 is for those with 2-year GC from AOS of the K1 or CR1, to get the 10-year GC.

If your GC is 10-year, then your next step is N-400 or the perpetual renewal of the GC.

Ok, I will fill it out!

Yes, I think I do qualify for the 10 year GC but it's by a tight margin. I will have to wait and see what I was granted when it arrives.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone ever gotten an e-mail and or text saying that USCIS saying

USCIS: We have taken action on your case. Sign in to your account

????

we just received an e-mail email at 4am this morning PST

but we does see anything. Checked the status online everything is still the same.

We are so confused  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.