Elmkiety

July 2022 - AOS Filers

168 posts in this topic

Hello July 2022 AOS filers another month another round of AOS submissions,  Please be aware that this checklist is NOT all inclusive and you must consult the USCIS website to crosscheck this checklist against/with. The AOS process has been confusing since the pandemic hit, not to mention the added politics. So please I want to stress that you only use this check sheet as a starting point and guide if you will. The USCIS site will be the final guide. Please ensure that you check your forms for the correct versions and editions because if you use the wrong forms USCIS will reject your application and send it back to you. This is easily checked on the USCIS website prior to downloading your forms. You should also ONLY download your forms from the USCIS website.  The current and correct fees can also be ascertained from the USCIS website   

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents
  • Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00 (this includes the Bio-metrics fee

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145  
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process) 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate 
  • translation of birth certificate (if needed)
  • Certified copy of Marriage License or Certificate
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back 
  • Copy of DS-3025   

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other)
  •  Current tax year 2021 and (optional 2020 , 2019) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts (transcripts are better if you can get them)
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process) 
  • Pay stubs (last 3 months)   

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process)
  • Be sure to use the correct filing code of (c)(9) if this code applies to you. The I-765 instructions explains all the codes in detail. If you are filing under a different code (other than (c)(9) the fee for your AOS will not be correct and USCIS will reject your entire packet.

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process    

Be sure to double check for the current fees as fees do sometimes increase and they can change on a dime so please check. Additionally, check the forms as listed above i.e., current version and or edition date, there have been many changes to various forms. Consider sending tax transcripts instead of the 1040, and W2's. Also consider preparing a cover letter for each form in addition to the main cover letter. 

Make sure you send long form birth certificates and not the short form.  Hope this helps in your preparation of your AOS. When in doubt ask questions.

Please consider filing the I-131 and the I-765 even if you don't think you'll need them right now. You never know what changes your life will have on down the road, so I recommend you file these two forms from the start. There is no extra charge to file them with your AOS and it's better to submit them all at once.  There has been much confusion coming out of USCIS, partly due to Covid-19 and partly self-inflicted. This confusion filters on down to the people filing for AOS. The above listing is subject to change at a moment’s notice so please check, recheck and check again BEFORE you send off your packet for any last-minute changes.

Congratulations on a successful submission of your AOS packet!

Edited by Elmkiety

Hello,

we are planning to submit my sister's AOS Application tomorrow.

She's an F1 student married to a U.S Citizen.

i'll keep you all posted.

good luck !

Edited by Elmkiety

13 hours ago, Elmkiety said:

She's an F1 student married to a U.S Citizen.

Please note that the instructions for AOS from F1 or other non-K1 visa are different from what is posted above.  Check the AOS (non-K1) progress sub-forum here -- https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/138-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

Edited by Chancy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sent our AOS (K1 and K2) July 14, 2022

July 20, 2022 - K2 received text message from USCIS that they received her application.

I am the K1 but up to now I haven't recevied any text or email from USCIS regarding my application.

I sent our application at the same time (inside one envelope with separate K1 and K2 AOS folders.

K1/K2

March 16, 2020 - sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS

March 19, 2020 - USCIS received I-129f application

March 25, 2020 - got sms text from USCIS receipt notice NOA1

March 30, 2020 - received NOA1 hard copy

November 5, 2020NOA2 from USCIS Case Status Site

November 9, 2020 - received NOA2 hard copy

December 1, 2020 - got Case Number by calling NVC

March 18, 2022 - Case IN-TRANSIT

March 22, 2022 - Case READY

Greetings July AOS Filers,

We are filing AOS from K1 (see our Timeline). So far we have:

2022-07-09: Sent via FedEx. Adjustment of Status I-485/I-864, I-765, I-131

2022-07-12: FedEx signed. AOS delivered.

2022-07-15: AOS Check Cashed. No e-Notification even though we submitted G-1145 for all 3 forms.

2022-07-19: I-797C Notice of Action for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail.

2022-07-12: I-797C Priority Date (Received Date)
                    2022-07-14: I-797C Notice Date I-485, I-131, I-765

All 3 of our I-797C NOA1s are from the National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit, MO, even though we sent it to the Chicago lockbox, and our local USCIS office is most likely Atlanta.

All 3 receipt numbers begin with IOExxxxxxxxx. 
We are still waiting for the access code mail, and biometrics instructions.

Are there anything else we need to be doing or looking for?

Edited by EatBulaga

On 7/21/2022 at 6:53 PM, EatBulaga said:

Greetings July AOS Filers,

We are filing AOS from K1 (see our Timeline). So far we have:

2022-07-09: Sent via FedEx. Adjustment of Status I-485/I-864, I-765, I-131

2022-07-12: FedEx signed. AOS delivered.

2022-07-15: AOS Check Cashed. No e-Notification even though we submitted G-1145 for all 3 forms.

2022-07-19: I-797C Notice of Action for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail.

2022-07-12: I-797C Priority Date (Received Date)
                    2022-07-14: I-797C Notice Date I-485, I-131, I-765

All 3 of our I-797C NOA1s are from the National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit, MO, even though we sent it to the Chicago lockbox, and our local USCIS office is most likely Atlanta.

All 3 receipt numbers begin with IOExxxxxxxxx. 
We are still waiting for the access code mail, and biometrics instructions.

Are there anything else we need to be doing or looking for?

Having receipt numbers that begin with IOExxxxxxx means that your application is going  to be processed online... it’s a good sign. Usually they move faster with online applications.

If you dont have a uscis account u should create your own and add those 3 numbers to it.

10 hours ago, Elmkiety said:

Having receipt numbers that begin with IOExxxxxxx means that your application is going  to be processed online... it’s a good sign. Usually they move faster with online applications.

If you dont have a uscis account u should create your own and add those 3 numbers to it.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Hopefully the electronics processing is faster.

However we still have not received the Online Access Code mail, so we can't add the receipt numbers to the myUSCIS account.

Even though our I-797Cs are from the USCIS Office Lee's Summit, MO, I assume is the same as the Kansas City, MO site for the purpose of seeing the visajourney stats page?

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php

Our nearest office should be Atlanta, but still waiting for the Biometrics mail?

Edited by EatBulaga

On 7/25/2022 at 9:07 AM, EatBulaga said:

Thanks for the encouragement.

Hopefully the electronics processing is faster.

However we still have not received the Online Access Code mail, so we can't add the receipt numbers to the myUSCIS account.

Even though our I-797Cs are from the USCIS Office Lee's Summit, MO, I assume is the same as the Kansas City, MO site for the purpose of seeing the visajourney stats page?

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php

Our nearest office should be Atlanta, but still waiting for the Biometrics mail?

You should chat with Emma. Tell them you didn't get your access code and they should create another for you. They will send it to your email.

5 hours ago, Elmkiety said:

You should chat with Emma. Tell them you didn't get your access code and they should create another for you. They will send it to your email.

Thanks!

I messaged USCIS at

https://my.uscis.gov/account/v1/needhelp

to request another Online Access Code.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, happy to join this group finally!

We sent our Adjustment of Status package including the I-485/I-864, I-765, I-131 forms through UPS and our NOA1 is 21st July 2022.

Still haven't received our paperwork, but hopefully should be here soon. As others have mentioned our case numbers start with IOE, which based on what I've read are processed online and seems promising in terms of timeframes!

9 minutes ago, gus_mili said:

Hi all, happy to join this group finally!

We sent our Adjustment of Status package including the I-485/I-864, I-765, I-131 forms through UPS and our NOA1 is 21st July 2022.

Still haven't received our paperwork, but hopefully should be here soon. As others have mentioned our case numbers start with IOE, which based on what I've read are processed online and seems promising in terms of timeframes!

Yeah! Congratulations!

Edited by EatBulaga

I-485/I-864, I-765, I-131 forms !!

Package sent by Fedex: 07/20/2022

Package received : 07/22/2022

e- notification for three forms : 07/27/2022. ( IOE )

case tracker status showing for all three forms: On july 22, 2022 we received your form I-485, I-765, I-131 and sent you a receipt notice or acceptance notice.

But the CHECK is still not showing that it was cashed!!

Hoping for the best....

Edited by Elmkiety

34 minutes ago, Elmkiety said:

I-485/I-864, I-765, I-131 forms !!

Package sent by Fedex: 07/20/2022

Package received : 07/22/2022

e- notification for three forms : 07/27/2022. ( IOE )

case tracker status showing for all three forms: On july 22, 2022 we received your form I-485, I-765, I-131 and sent you a receipt notice or acceptance notice.

But the CHECK is still not showing that it was cashed!!

Hoping for the best....

Without your Timeline, your info shows that you filed for Naturalization and was approved?

1 minute ago, EatBulaga said:

Without your Timeline, your info shows that you filed for Naturalization and was approved?

sorry I thought I have mentioned that Im following my sister's case. i'm the one who did all the paper work for her and her husband.

she's adjusting her immigration status through marriage to a US Citizen.

I hope i'm not confusing anyone. 🥺

15 minutes ago, Elmkiety said:

sorry I thought I have mentioned that Im following my sister's case. i'm the one who did all the paper work for her and her husband.

she's adjusting her immigration status through marriage to a US Citizen.

I hope i'm not confusing anyone. 🥺

Okay. No problem.

We may actually have enough July AOS filers to have a party now? 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.