Elmkiety

July 2022 - AOS Filers

168 posts in this topic

Update on our I-485 application.

USCIS emailed the Online Access Code.

We were able to download the biometric appointment notice at myUSCIS at the nearest Application Support Center (ASC).

The scheduled biometric may not be the best date, and I am considering rescheduling.

BUT.. It says:

"IF USCIS DOES NOT RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOUR APPLICATION, PETITION, OR REQUEST WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED AND DENIED."

Has anyone ever heard of anyone being denied rescheduling?  

Or anyone have had experience rescheduling an appointment with the ASC?

Ideally, we like to request a certain date, but will USCIS just assign us a scheduled date of their choice, which may not be any better for us?

Edited by EatBulaga

18 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

Update on our I-485 application.

USCIS emailed the Online Access Code.

We were able to download the biometric appointment notice at myUSCIS at the nearest Application Support Center (ASC).

The scheduled biometric may not be the best date, and I am considering rescheduling.

BUT.. It says:

"IF USCIS DOES NOT RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOUR APPLICATION, PETITION, OR REQUEST WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED AND DENIED."

Has anyone ever heard of anyone being denied rescheduling?  

Or anyone have had experience rescheduling an appointment with the ASC?

Ideally, we like to request a certain date, but will USCIS just assign us a scheduled date of their choice, which may not be any better for us?

They will just reschedule any date is good for THEM and sometimes can take months before they reschedule it ! If i were you i would just try my best to go on that same date that they have already gave me or i would try to do an early walk in.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Update....

Today I went for the biometrics appointment and immediately after that the case status for I-485 and I-765 got updated to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS".

A few hours later we got a notice "Card is Being Produced" for the EAD! This is spectacular news and very quick at only 25 from applying to approval.

Hopefully the rest moves on smoothly as well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

July 7, 2022 - Forms received in Chicago

July 13, 2022 - Notice of Action received for i-485, i-130, i-131, i-765

July 13, 2022 - Notice of Action that previous biometrics will be re-used, and I would not have biometrics appointment.

I see that some July people are getting their I-765s approved, a few of them filed later than me.  This is great news for those people!

Was hoping no biometrics means I'd have faster processing, but it looks like walk-in biometrics is the way to kick yourself to the front of the line!

On 8/11/2022 at 9:25 AM, Elmkiety said:

Update....

Yesterday we checked case tracker and found out that i-765 Status changed to card is being produced.

Updaaaate....!!!!

The Work permit card and the SSN card was delivered today. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/30/2022 at 2:16 AM, Elmkiety said:

Update after the check was cashed....!!!

i checked case tracker and found this:

( On July 29, 2022, we scheduled you for a biometrics appointment and sent you an appointment notice for Receipt Number IOE********** )

But We still did not receive any notice.

The only thing we received was the text message saying they received the application....

Sorry I know this was awhile back, but do you remember if you got this message on which IOExxx number? I only for it on my AOS one, not sure if it is normal. 

Thanks! 

8 hours ago, LemonLemonade said:

Sorry I know this was awhile back, but do you remember if you got this message on which IOExxx number? I only for it on my AOS one, not sure if it is normal. 

Thanks! 

The message was posted on i-485 IOExxxxx number.

But on the biometric letter it was showing bar codes for form i-485 and I-765.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Elmkiety said:

The message was posted on i-485 IOExxxxx number.

But on the biometric letter it was showing bar codes for form i-485 and I-765.

Oh interesting, I worry a bit less lol thank you! 

On 8/8/2022 at 2:00 PM, Elmkiety said:

Update....

Early Walk in biometrics was done today instead of august 15. 
status of i-485 and i-765 changed to Case is being actively reviewed 

At this USCIS page, it says "We are not accepting walk-in visits at this time. You must have a scheduled appointment before arriving at a USCIS office."

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

We do have a later scheduled ASC appointment notice for biometrics.

Is it advisable to try walk-in with the later scheduled ASC appointment notice for biometrics?

How long does biometrics take?

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey all! 

With great pleasure I can say that the EAD card was delivered today in the mail - to say that we're super happy is an understatement!

Now onto the waiting game for the Green Card.

I wish all the very best for everyone!

21 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

At this USCIS page, it says "We are not accepting walk-in visits at this time. You must have a scheduled appointment before arriving at a USCIS office."

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

We do have a later scheduled ASC appointment notice for biometrics.

Is it advisable to try walk-in with the later scheduled ASC appointment notice for biometrics?

How long does biometrics take?

Haha. I guess I answered my own questions. 😂

We had already received the I-797C ASC Appointment Notice for the Biometrics for September in my.USCIS.gov and by mail.

But as I said in previous post, the scheduled date is not convenient for us.

So we took a chance this morning by me taking a day off work so I can take my wife to see if they will allow us to do early Biometrics.

We got to the locally assigned ASC around 10 a.m. and when we walked in, there were hardly anyone there.

I asked the lady who was checking for appointment notice and id if they will allow us to do the appointment early since we may not be able to do it at the scheduled time in September.

She was gracious and said "it's okay" as they were not busy.

Another officer checked all of the info and gave us a number and told us to go to another area to wait.

As we were sitting down in the area, the previous biometrics applicant was finishing up and the biometrics officer called our number.

The whole process was fairly quick like maybe 15 minutes total from walking in the door to walking out.

And the Biometrics officer gave my wife a feedback card and asked her to fill it out and put it in the box as we left.

Of course, she gave it the highest rating as everything was going better than expected.

But as we were leaving, we noticed about 5 or 6 more applicants waiting in line to get their info checked to get their number. So I guess we were fortunate.

As I got to the car, I updated our USCIS case tracker app, and it showed our case changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS".

Haha. I feel like we are on track again with the other July AOS filers. 🤣

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

As I got to the car, I updated our USCIS case tracker app, and it showed our case changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS".

Haha. I feel like we are on track again with the other July AOS filers. 🤣

Which of your cases is in "Actively Reviewed" state?

My I-485 is in "Actively Reviewed", and the I-765 + I-131 are both "Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.