LarryHickman

Now what? Wife passed naturalization but 'decision cant be made'!!

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Welcome to the efficiency of the US government. This is standard fare in any dealings with the US government, My wife was so excited to be able to come here to the US because money grows on trees, and you get a free white house with a picket fence for free when you live here. Well, she has been here over 3 years now, and is more fed-up with this country than I am ( Hard to believe as I have almost 50 years here). We file the N400 this November, but the way things are going we may not be living here long enough to even make the interview. She used to think I was nuts for wanting to live in her country, and I warned her before we began this journey, but now we are definitely on the same side. Want to know what really pisses me off, they jacked up the price to renounce your citizenship. was around 400, and I was ready to pay, now it's 2400 and takes over a year or longer to get done. You can't even leave this country without paying and waiting.

Amazing I feel the same, wouldn’t mind living in my wife’s country this is getting exponentially worse here in the US. 

wow pay to leave, only in the IS

Timeline
2 minutes ago, bakphx1 said:

I know this is typical of the combi interview.  It may take a couple of weeks.  It’s an administrative thing.  It’s the trade off for a year shaved off.  Just being told to wait is disappointing in the moment.

Yeah eat it and smile

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cathi said:

At the end of my husband's interview the IO came out to introduce himself to me, but I was never any part of the interview.

Lucky you!

My N400 interview was during COVID era so my husband was not even allowed to enter the building with me. But the IO and I could see him trying to manage both of our dogs in our car right out of her office window so they sort of exchanged awkward waves and laughs :) 

Timeline:

Spoiler

AOS Journey:

Spoiler

08/19/2016 - day 0 - I-485, I-130, I-765 sent to USCIS office in Chicago (PD: 08/23/2016)

08/31/2016 - day 9 - electronic NOAs received via text and email, check is cashed.

09/08/2016 - day 17 - biometrics appointment notice received in the mail (appointment date 09/19/2016).

09/13/2016 - day 22 - early biometrics walk in.

10/28/2016 - day 67 - EAD status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced".

11/16/2016 - day 87 - EAD card received in mail.

06/27/2017 - day 309 - contacted the congressman office.

07/28/2017 - day 340 - finally received an interview appointment in mail (online status has not changed).

08/31/2017 - day 374 - Interview; I-485 status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced'

09/08/2017 - day 382 - greencard received in mail

I-751 & N400 Journey:

Spoiler

06/20/2019 - day 1036 - ROC packet mailed (PD: 06/21/2019)

06/29/2019 - day 1045 - NOA/Extension letter received in the mail (new GC expiration date is 2/28/2021)

01/17/2020 - day 1256 - biometrics appointment

06/03/2020 - day 1382 - N400 filed online (PD: 06/04/2020)

02/01/2021 - day 1626 - Biometric Reuse notice uploaded to my online account

02/08/2021 - day 1634 - Interview Appointment notice uploaded to my online account

03/16/2021 - day 1670 - N400 Interview - passed; due to I-751 stuck in another office 'No decision can be made at this time'

06/01/2021 - day 1747 - with help of Sen. Sanders' office, I-751 file finally forwarded to St. Albans field office

06/28/2021 - day 1774 - I-751 status changed to 'New Card is Being Produced'; N400 status changed to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'

08/19/2021 - day 1826 (exactly 5 years since day 0) - Oath Ceremony (notice received on 7/19/21)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Perfectly normal, nothing to be upset about. In fact, your wife was lucky she actually got to take the N-400 test and complete the interview - many applicants are sent home again just be rescheduled later just because the i-751 hasn't reached the local field office yet.

So yes, all you need to do is wait now. Since she already had an interview for her N-400 she likely won't get one for the i-751. Just wait for the approval and then for the oath to be scheduled. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
22 hours ago, LarryHickman said:

This is so annoying, we go to the N 400 today and my wife passes all test and signs the oath of allegiance. She comes out after about 20 minutes later and asked me to come speak with the officer.

The officer says he cant make a decision because our I 751 10 year green card isn't approved (yes its not approved we are still waiting on I 751 10 year green card interview) but because my wife is eligible for citizenship we did N 400 and she took test today and passed everything and was given a piece of paper with the little X mark on it saying the English, civics and history passed.

The officer also stated we were the 3rd person today that passed but a decision couldn't be made. He also complained he was only given 20 minutes per interview. 

He said we would get something in the mail but didn't say when or if we would be required to submit anything further or come back for an interview.

So now what? Do we really need to wait for the I 751 10 year green card interview? Or are they needing something or wanting to look through the I 751 10 year green card documents we sent in last year before decision? 

How long is best guess before we hear something?

Thanks

Congratulations to your wife, I strongly advise you submit a request online for review for your wife’s case being outside of normal processing times. I was waiting to remove conditions since last year and on November 24, 2021 my update was “case is ready to be scheduled for interview”. 3 days ago I was holding My phone and decided to nudge them by filing a request for update due to My ROC being  outside normal processing times and yesterday I got a response on My email saying case was approved and today My update says card is being produced. So I guess this is the only way for you to make them adjudicate your wife’s ROC faster.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

Congratulations to your wife, I strongly advise you submit a request online for review for your wife’s case being outside of normal processing times. I was waiting to remove conditions since last year and on November 24, 2021 my update was “case is ready to be scheduled for interview”. 3 days ago I was holding My phone and decided to nudge them by filing a request for update due to My ROC being  outside normal processing times and yesterday I got a response on My email saying case was approved and today My update says card is being produced. So I guess this is the only way for you to make them adjudicate your wife’s ROC faster.

Thanks you the advice, I’ll try this. Good luck to you btw

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Perfectly normal, nothing to be upset about. In fact, your wife was lucky she actually got to take the N-400 test and complete the interview - many applicants are sent home again just be rescheduled later just because the i-751 hasn't reached the local field office yet.

So yes, all you need to do is wait now. Since she already had an interview for her N-400 she likely won't get one for the i-751. Just wait for the approval and then for the oath to be scheduled. 

Thanks Scandi

@LarryHickman on the brighter side how you been and congrats on the wife passing her N400 stuff! I know the frustration though but soon you'll be done hopefully forever with USCIS! It could be worst though we could both be back in May 2018 K1 thread lol!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

@LarryHickman on the brighter side how you been and congrats on the wife passing her N400 stuff! I know the frustration though but soon you'll be done hopefully forever with USCIS! It could be worst though we could both be back in May 2018 K1 thread lol!

Sarge is that you?! Hey man how are you???? Damn I miss your positive outlook and never die attitude! How are you bro? 2018 that’s killer 

Edited by LarryHickman

9 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

Sarge is that you?! Hey man how are you???? Damn I miss your positive outlook and never die attitude! How are you bro? 2018 that’s killer 

I'm still hanging in there waiting on our ROC, things are not as bad as they were during the K1 in 2018. I've gotten a couple of lucky breaks AOS wise, but all in all I'm good. You really let them have it, sometimes it's cool to get it off your chest. Won't be long  now though. I suspect it'll all be over soon!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I'm still hanging in there waiting on our ROC, things are not as bad as they were during the K1 in 2018. I've gotten a couple of lucky breaks AOS wise, but all in all I'm good. You really let them have it, sometimes it's cool to get it off your chest. Won't be long  now though. I suspect it'll all be over soon!

Good for you and your wife Im happy for you guys and didn’t let this nightmare hurt you. Big High Five my friend 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

One would think with USCIS having so-called rigid processes that we would all be treated the same and yet it seems like a big cluster-$,÷ck from one center to the next.

Hopefully, you will receive an update within tye next couple of weeks saying the 751 interview has been waived and given a date for the naturalization ceremony. If it were me and say 2 weeks were to go by with no update, I'd contact your local congress person's office and ask for them to get involved. Nothing like the bright light of a congressional inquiry to get the ball rolling.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 7/20/2022 at 11:07 AM, LarryHickman said:

I’m happy to report my wife is being sent a ceremony date, when I’m not sure yet but this process is finally over, Thank the Lord!!!

VJ buds thanks for all your help all these years and good luck to you in your journeys 

Congrats to you,  I was paying attention to your post as well as your frustration, I am Oakland Park as well and believe it or not I interviewed back in January 13th of this year and still no oath schedule yet. I had to go to the office last week and security won't let me in obviously due to info pass no longer allowed. Luckily I had my government badge and was given courtesy to get in all to find out my background check is still not cleared hence hold up.  I received a text last night uscis officer should be calling me.i am more than sure telling me same thing or maybe good news but you are lucky u did not have to wait much longer.  Best of luck and congrats again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.