Sparkey

Help! Interview cancelled and NOID

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

I called this morning.  They said the officer cancelled it. 

That's good that it was them. Not good that you're back to waiting and what not but at least it wasn't an error with the case.  Good Luck 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
20 hours ago, Timona said:

How did you upload something for AOS? As far as I know, online filing is only available for N400

16 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Uploaded?

If you did not file online, which you couldn't have filed online for I485, you must paper mail all RFE responses.

It's for quite a while now that AOS filers can see everything online and can also respond online in case of a RFE.

11 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

It's for quite a while now that AOS filers can see everything online and can also respond online in case of a RFE.

Able to and eligible to are two very different things.

I485 is not applied for online.

RFEs cannot be responded to in that method. 

Very common to get an NOID for not responding correctly which is likely why the OP has received one however I still can't get a straight or proper detailed answer from them to help. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Very common to get an NOID for not responding correctly which is likely why the OP has received one however I still can't get a straight or proper detailed answer from them to help. 

I called USCIS today. I am 100% allowed to and encouraged to upload the document to my account. I received the NOID and then upload the document. They confirmed that I did it correctly.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

I know of a couple that responded online and it worked out just fine.

And OP said they just saw the interview cancelation and NOID online before posting here. No paper mail received yet just online and they responded online right away by uploading the requested document. So they didn't had a chance to do something wrong that triggered the NOID. It was sent instead of a RFE.

31 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

And OP said they just saw the interview cancelation and NOID online before posting here. No paper mail received yet just online and they responded online right away by uploading the requested document. So they didn't had a chance to do something wrong that triggered the NOID. It was sent instead of a RFE.

Instead of RFE?

That is not at all what the OP explained in their first comment. 

They said they received both RFE and NOID but can't explain when the RFE was received and won't share either. 

I suggest you scroll up and read their original post and the rest of mine asking for a better explanation of what has really happened. 

38 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

I called USCIS today. I am 100% allowed to and encouraged to upload the document to my account. I received the NOID and then upload the document. They confirmed that I did it correctly.  

I was not talking about responding to the NOID.

I was talking about responding to the RFE.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I was not talking about responding to the NOID.

I was talking about responding to the RFE.

I got an RFE in December. I mailed them the response in February. I got the NOID on June 30th just asking for the MC. I uploaded that and I also mailed them a copy. (In my USCIS account, it says NOID but the actual document attachment says request for evidence)

10 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

I got an RFE in December. I mailed them the response in February. I got the NOID on June 30th just asking for the MC. I uploaded that and I also mailed them a copy. (In my USCIS account, it says NOID but the actual document attachment says request for evidence)

Your original post did not say that. 

You said you got an NOID and opened it up online and it was an RFE.

I was asking you to provide a copy of it/them so we could understand what was really happening. 

I'm tired of trying to decipher though. 

Good luck on your journey.

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Your original post did not say that. 

You said you got an NOID and opened it up online and it was an RFE.

I was asking you to provide a copy of it/them so we could understand what was really happening. 

I'm tired of trying to decipher though. 

Good luck on your journey.

Exactly. In the documents tab, it said NOID. The actual attachment said RFE and all it was asking for was the marriage certificate. 

My post was about the interview being cancelled. Not so much the request for the MC. 

1 hour ago, Sparkey said:

Had you explained that clearly to begin with,  this thread wouldn't have devolved like this.

Timeline
On 7/7/2022 at 11:21 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Instead of RFE?

That is not at all what the OP explained in their first comment. 

They said they received both RFE and NOID but can't explain when the RFE was received and won't share either. 

I suggest you scroll up and read their original post and the rest of mine asking for a better explanation of what has really happened. 

June 7 - Interview scheduled for July 21
June 30 - Interview cancelled
June 30 - Case being reviewed. 

However, in the documents tab there was a NOID also dated June 30th. When I open the document it said Request for Evidence and was just asking for a copy of the marriage certificate. I had already sent this with the original application but I uploaded a copy again and also mailed it in. 

I never received a notice of interview cancelation in the mail but I called USCIS this morning and they confirmed it was cancelled. 

Screenshot_20220709-000406_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220709-000428_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.