Sparkey

Help! Interview cancelled and NOID

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Please help! (AOS after K1)
On June 7th I received a letter with an interview date of July 21st. I just checked my case history on the USCIS My Account page and now they show the interview has been cancelled as of June 30th. They also show a Notice of Intent to Deny with the same date. When I open the document, it shows an RFE letter but it's only asking for a copy of the marriage certificate. This was already sent to them in the original package. 
I've uploaded the certificate again, but what now?? Why did they cancel the interview? The letter says "This is to advise you that, as requested, we have cancelled the interview......"
I never requested to cancel the interview. Is this a generic letter? 
Currently the status is back to 'case is being reviewed'.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

How did you upload something for AOS? As far as I know, online filing is only available for N400

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

1 hour ago, Sparkey said:

Notice of Intent to Deny with the same date

1 hour ago, Sparkey said:

This is to advise you that, as requested, we have cancelled the interview......"

No, it’s not a generic letter. Worrying about or imagining worst case scenario won’t help, so give the notice time to get to you and post what it reads, so others can help you decipher it. 

Your profile indicates K-1 to I-485 , so did you marry within 90 days of entry? 
Is it possible your spouse got mad at you and canceled interview? 

4 hours ago, Sparkey said:

Please help! (AOS after K1)
On June 7th I received a letter with an interview date of July 21st. I just checked my case history on the USCIS My Account page and now they show the interview has been cancelled as of June 30th. They also show a Notice of Intent to Deny with the same date. When I open the document,

Open? As in online or the paper mailed RFE?

it shows an RFE letter but it's only asking for a copy of the marriage certificate. This was already sent to them in the original package. 

Always assume you submitted an incorrect copy or they lost it.

I've uploaded the certificate again, but what now??

Uploaded?

If you did not file online, which you couldn't have filed online for I485, you must paper mail all RFE responses.

Why did they cancel the interview? The letter says "This is to advise you that, as requested, we have cancelled the interview......"

Depends. You have explained your situation poorly. 

We need to know when exactly as in the date you received the RFE in the mail, the date you were required to MAIL the RFE response by and the date you received the NOID.

We also need to see both mailings in a screenshot to adequately help.

Maybe but again, can't see it, can't help.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Open? As in online or the paper mailed RFE?

Always assume you submitted an incorrect copy or they lost it.

Uploaded?

If you did not file online, which you couldn't have filed online for I485, you must paper mail all RFE responses.

Depends. You have explained your situation poorly. 

We need to know when exactly as in the date you received the RFE in the mail, the date you were required to MAIL the RFE response by and the date you received the NOID.

We also need to see both mailings in a screenshot to adequately help.

Maybe but again, can't see it, can't help.

June 7th - received interview letter

June 30th - NOID asking for marriage certificate. 

June 30th - interview cancelled. 

I am able to see all the documents in my USCIS My Account. A copy of the NOID is in the documents tab. This is also where I was told to either upload a copy of the certificate to my account or mail it in. This needs to be done by Sept 26th.

The interview cancelation letter is also in the documents tab and says 'This is to advise you that, as requested, we have cancelledmyour interview on July 21st at 7:30am'.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Family said:

No, it’s not a generic letter. Worrying about or imagining worst case scenario won’t help, so give the notice time to get to you and post what it reads, so others can help you decipher it. 

Your profile indicates K-1 to I-485 , so did you marry within 90 days of entry? 
Is it possible your spouse got mad at you and canceled interview? 

I can already see the notice of interview cancelation in my USCIS My Account Documents tab. The letter says 'This is to advise you that, as requested, we have cancelled your interview on July 21st....'.

Yes, we married in the 90 days. 

No, he did not cancel the interview. 

14 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

June 7th - received interview letter

RFE would come in between this above and that below.

You mentioned RFE in your post and I asked for the received date on it but you have yet to provide it. 

It's important to know WHEN you received all of these in the MAIL not online. They will have a received date on the paper copy.

RFEs only have a certain time to respond by and it will be listed on the paper copy how long you have to MAIL the RFE response (again, you cannot upload because you did not file online no matter what the RFE says. You must MAIL it. If you did not mail it on time, an NOID would be the result.)

Please update your dates accurately, and post both the RFE and NOID you received in the mail (not the online copy).

June 30th - NOID asking for marriage certificate. 

June 30th - interview cancelled. 

I am able to see all the documents in my USCIS My Account. A copy of the NOID is in the documents tab. This is also where I was told to either upload a copy of the certificate to my account or mail it in. This needs to be done by Sept 26th.

The interview cancelation letter is also in the documents tab and says 'This is to advise you that, as requested, we have cancelledmyour interview on July 21st at 7:30am'.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

RFE would come in between this above and that below.

You mentioned RFE in your post and I asked for the received date on it but you have yet to provide it. 

It's important to know WHEN you received all of these in the MAIL not online. They will have a received date on the paper copy.

RFEs only have a certain time to respond by and it will be listed on the paper copy how long you have to MAIL the RFE response (again, you cannot upload because you did not file online no matter what the RFE says. You must MAIL it. If you did not mail it on time, an NOID would be the result.)

Please update your dates accurately, and post both the RFE and NOID you received in the mail (not the online copy).

The dates listed are the dates on the paper copies I received in the mail. 

I also mailed in a copy of the MC yesterday. 

5 hours ago, Sparkey said:

The dates listed are the dates on the paper copies I received in the mail. 

I also mailed in a copy of the MC yesterday. 

You will be absolutely fine. Seems confusion on posts is related to there being both an RFE and a NOID, which is not the case. 
All you got was ONE Notice ( NOID of 6/30 due September) and you responded immediately as per instructions. Upload/ email is ok and is the reason it was included as option to respond. USCIS is striving to go all digital for all filings. 

Given this, I now agree with your first assessment that they used a template interview reschedule notice and I wouldn’t be surprised if they either waive your interview or when you attend it will be super fast and last 5 minutes. 

In your favor is the the fact that you filed copy of m/c at original submission of I-485, immediately responded to RFE both online and via post , have a mountain of joint li&e evidence , so NOTHING to stress over!

I would NOT skip that interview. Show up still - you don't want to be marked a no-show for something that could be a mistake in sending out the cancellation letter.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
8 minutes ago, milimelo said:

I would NOT skip that interview. Show up still - you don't want to be marked a no-show for something that could be a mistake in sending out the cancellation letter.

I called and they confirmed that it's been cancelled. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The wording does looks like you cancelled it. Did they happen to say who cancelled it? 

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

25 minutes ago, milimelo said:

would NOT skip that interview. Show up still - you don't want to be marked a no-show for something that could be a mistake in sending out the cancellation letter.

OP won’t make it past security check-in without an Interview Letter, so the trip is not warranted. Rescheduling is quite common and he won’t be considered a no show

Timeline
6 hours ago, Family said:

You will be absolutely fine. Seems confusion on posts is related to there being both an RFE and a NOID, which is not the case. 
All you got was ONE Notice ( NOID of 6/30 due September) and you responded immediately as per instructions. Upload/ email is ok and is the reason it was included as option to respond. USCIS is striving to go all digital for all filings. 

Given this, I now agree with your first assessment that they used a template interview reschedule notice and I wouldn’t be surprised if they either waive your interview or when you attend it will be super fast and last 5 minutes. 

In your favor is the the fact that you filed copy of m/c at original submission of I-485, immediately responded to RFE both online and via post , have a mountain of joint li&e evidence , so NOTHING to stress over!

Thanks! Hoping they waive the interview altogether now that it's been cancelled, but if not, we have a mountain of joint evidence to bring to the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.